American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-2788.
7/20/15 – Senior Strategic Planning Analyst
Senior Strategic Planning Analyst (Fairfield, NJ). Work on internal projects to improve profitability & optimize business performance. Develop product, pricing, milk purchasing, & other strategies & promote innovation. Train new employees. Perform cheese market research & analysis. Develop advanced pricing, currency, commodity, & trade models to understand & predict key supply & demand factors. Req.: BA or equiv. in Economics & Management, or equiv. & 2 yrs exp. as Risk Management Analyst or related. Mail CV to Arthur Schuman Inc, 40 New Dutch Lane, Fairfield, NJ 07004. Attn: Deysie Chalet.
7/19/15 – Retail Team Lead – Cheese Shop Manager
Are you a growth oriented, detailed problem solver that equally enjoys looking at the big picture as well as understanding and managing processes? Do you love growing team members and business? If so, Antonelli’s Cheese wants you to be our next Shop Lead. The right candidate will excel at planning and directing the functional activities of business including sales, marketing, people management, communication, analysis and reporting. At Antonelli’s Cheese, we believe that success comes from our people.
- Competitive Salary
- Great Work Environment
- All the Cheese You Can Eat
- The Opportunity to Wake Up Every Day Excited to Come to Work
Antonelli’s Cheese is on the forefront of food culture in Central Texas. Named one of the top 15 Cheese Shops in the country by Travel & Leisure magazine, voted Local Food Hero by the Edible Austin community (4 years in a row), and chosen by the Austin Chronicle Readers as Best Artisan Food Company, we are committed to creating, growing and supporting an enthusiastic community built around food and business. If you think that work should be fun and challenging, then consider this your opportunity.
- Business & Personnel Management Experience (2+ years)
- Cheese Experience (a plus)
- Not afraid of people, computers, numbers, words, details, challenges, big picture projects, winning, being positive and making tough choices
If you are interested in applying, please click on the link below and complete the form that opens. Please do not respond directly to this post. We will be in touch soon.
7/16/15 – Heyday Farm – Dairy & Creamery Assistant
Heyday Farm is a family-run 25-acre sustainable and historic farm on Bainbridge Island. In addition to championing and growing local food, our focus is on building community and educating. By respecting the environment and its limits, we grow food of the highest integrity, taste and quality. Our name comes from our commitment to increase our collective nourishment just as farms did back in their heydays.
Our Employees: We hire people who love good food, have integrity, work hard, communicate well, are curious, attentive and sensitive to the needs of others (people and animals), have a sense of humor and are fun to be around.
Position Description: The Dairy Assistant assists with the facility and equipment cleaning, care, feeding, milking and pasturing of a small herd of dairy cattle and provides cheese making support.
- Familiarity and compliance with all safety, cleaning and regulatory requirements (including Good Agricultural Practices (GAPS) and food safety requirements) for our farming operation
- Clear record keeping in accordance to farm manager specifications
- Advising farm managers about any issues with the facility, equipment or animals in a timely way
- Helping to develop and improve systems to make the operation run more effectively
- Practicing effective animal handling that promotes healthy, calm and
- Support in administering medicine and routine health care for animals
Compensation: The position will be 40 plus hours per week. Pay will be dependent on experience.
Experience: Professional experience on a farm or dairy (especially with cattle) or with animal handling is desired. Someone with experience in a home setting or in a 4H program would also be considered. Experience with dairy safety regulations or cheese making is desired.
Physical Demands: While the dairy has automatic milking and the latest technology, this position is physically demanding and requires strength and the ability to climb, crouch, lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
Housing: Onsite housing is available for rent.
To Apply: Please consider carefully if this position is a good fit for you. Farming is hard work and requires meticulous attention to detail, stamina and complete reliability. We also spend time training and helping our staff become a strong team. We want people who will stick with us. After careful consideration if the position is a good fit, please answer the application questions in the body of an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No attachments please.
Process: We plan to hire someone in the next six weeks. We’ll review applicant information and contact those that meet our requirements. We will only respond to those who submit complete applications. For those that do, we will let you know if we’d like to do a phone interview. For those that seem like good candidates, we will also arrange an in-person interview.
- What is your contact information and the best way to reach you?
- Where are you currently living?
- Why do you want to work on a farm?
- What makes you suitable for this position?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What were your last 4 jobs, dates of employment, why you took the job, what you contributed and gained while there and the circumstances and why you left?
- Do you want to live in our onsite housing and do you have any extenuating needs related to housing? More than one car? A pet? A family?
- What are your skills and experience related to meticulous attention to detail?
- What are your skills and experience related to strong organization?
- What are your skills and experience related to repair and maintenance?
- What are your skills and experience related to hard work?
- What makes you a good leader and/or team member?
7/16/15 – Assistant Cheesemaker at Farmstead Dairy
MOUNTAIN LODGE FARM, LLC is seeking a fulltime assistant cheesemaker for our established farmstead creamery operation. We are a small artisan dairy located 1 ½ hours south of Seattle in the foothills of Mt. Rainier. We make a variety of cheeses (both raw and aged) from the milk of our Nigerian Dwarf/La Mancha goats and some local Jersey cow milk as well. Our goal is to make exquisite cheese that reflects the high quality of our milk and the seasonality and sense of place of our farm in the Pacific Northwest. We have had our dairy license since 2012 and currently make about 10,000 pounds of cheese a year. We are looking for an assistant cheesemaker this year with the potential to grow and advance in the coming years.
- Some cheesemaking experience, though we will train the right person
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Calm, cheerful demeanor
- Passion for pursuing artisan cheesemaking as a career
- Flexibility: farm work is challenging and requires ability to roll with Mother Nature’s punches
- Cheesemaking and affinage
- Milk quality monitoring
- Support sales and marketing of products
- Cleaning according to Master Sanitation Schedule
- Assist with daily HACCP record keeping
- Understand and obey current Federal and State licensing and regulatory requirements
- Assist with animals and other farm duties as time allows (training provided and varies seasonally)
COMPENSATION: Salary depends on experience. Health insurance available after 3 month probation. On farm housing may be available.
APPLY: Please review our website for further information (www.mountainlodgefarm.com). Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com. Further questions can be emailed to Meghan@mountainlodgefarm.com.
7/14/15 – Mell’s Cheese – Cheese Specialists
Mell’s Cheese is a new artisan cheese shop and wine bar opening soon in the LoHi area of Denver. Mell’s will serve meat and cheese plates, sandwiches, salads, small plates, rotating wines by the glass and craft beer.
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and dependable team players that share our passion for food and wine. We are currently filling PT positions for Cheese Specialists.
As a Cheese Specialist, you will be responsible for actively engaging and educating guests about Mell’s variety of cheeses and meats to include their places of origin, production techniques and flavor profiles. The Cheese Specialist will also be responsible for light food preparation for cheese/meat plates, sandwiches, salads, small plates and desserts. The job requirements for a Cheese Specialist are as follows:
- Taste three or more Mell’s Cheese products per day in order to make product recommendations
- Proactive guest service: ongoing conversations and tasting with guests
- Ensure consistently fully stocked, fresh, signed, rotated product selection
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained
- Prepare both hot and cold food items, wash dishes, and perform similar tasks as needed
- Ability to work 10+ hour shifts as well as stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Obtain a TIPS certification within 30 days of employment
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining the Mell’s Cheese team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
7/10/15 – Old Chatham Sheepherding Company Position Announcement: Lead Cheesemaker
Old Chatham Sheepherding Company founded in 1993 is one of the largest producer of sheep’s milk yogurt and cheeses in the United States. Today, the business is known for its award winning camembert, blue cheese, and traditional cup-set yogurt. To continue a tradition of excellence, Old Chatham Sheepherding Company is looking for an experienced, lead cheesemaker to join a talented, passionate team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (responsibilities maybe adjusted to reflect experiences and interests)
- Ensure compliance with NYS Agriculture and Markets and FDA Guidelines.
- Assist with annual review HACCP programs.
- Oversee and maintain successful pre-requisite programs (Good Manufacturing Practices, SSOPs, etc.).
- Lead environmental sampling plan, e.g. Listeria spp.
- Work closely with sales team to plan and execute production schedule.
- Manage daily production of cheese and yogurt, delivering products with uncompromised quality, for all products: Bloomy rind cheeses, yogurt line, Blue cheeses
- Manage staff and schedule/assign daily tasks.
- Manage accurate and complete laboratory testing and records (e.g., antibiotic testing, raw milk aerobic plate counts, SCC, coliforms, moisture content).
- Manage accurate and organized production records.Pasteurization charts / Batch information (e.g., time, temperature, pH, brining records, affinage records)
- Manage purchasing and use of raw materials and ingredients.
Research and Development
- Research and implement new procedures and/or equipment to enhance cheese and/or yogurt quality.
- Develop new cheeses and other dairy products using sheep and cow milk.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will be a working manager position; including hands on cheese & yogurt making and direct supervisory responsibilities for the daily creamery operations.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a dairy food environment; understanding of raw milk quality, dairy microbiology and dairy chemistry; experience with production of artisan cheeses; practical knowledge of food safety and GMPs; demonstrated ability to work with and lead dynamic team; passion for producing the highest quality dairy products.
FUTURE: A new creamery is being planned to accommodate the current product lines along with new cheeses and other dairy sheep and cow milk products. Growth of the business is a core principle.
COMPENSATION: Salary package including health insurance will reflect experiences and skill sets.
APPLY: Submit resume and three references to: Old Chatham Sheepherding Company, P.O. Box 184, Old Chatham, NY 12136; for more information, contact David Galton, co-owner – cell: 315-246-4572; email: email@example.com
7/7/15 – Help Wanted! Center Street Gourmet Wine and Cheese Shop
Fantastic opportunity for the wine and cheese enthusiast! Opening in July is an innovative, dynamic, fun place to work as well as becoming a part of the Historic Manassas District family. Center Street Gourmet Wine and Cheese Shop will have a wine tasting bar and cheese sampling area. We will also carry a great variety of gourmet staples to include jellies, honey, nuts, breads, charcuterie, tea, coffee, olive oil, and much, much more! This will be the newest destination location in Manassas and we would love for you to join our team in sharing this exciting time!
Store hours are Tues-Thurs 11:00-8:00, Fri-Sat 11:00-9:00, and Sun 11:00-7:00.
- 18+ years old
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Possess a desire to gain knowledge of wine, cheese, gourmet beer, and able to pair wine or beer with cheese, chocolate, and gourmet foods. Experience in these areas a plus.
- You must be hard working, team-oriented, friendly, honest, and have great customer skills.
- You must have a great attitude and the desire to work.
- Most importantly, the customer is the focus. It is to always be about providing a wonderful experience for all customers.
- Flexible Hours…This is a part-time position so we are able to provide a flexible work schedule. However, there will be times where we will need all employees available during special events and peak hours.
- Competitive Pay…Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable skills.
- Offer friendly service
- Excel in performing all tasks to include: corking wine bottles, wine pouring, assembling cheese plates, bussing tables and bar area, stocking shelves, cashier.
- Maintain accurate service, ensure an excellent customer experience, and make sure all products are prepared consistently with defined standards.
- Make sure the restaurant is up to defined standard with regards to cleanliness, neatness, and customer accessibility.
- Work as a team player and support other employees to complete their tasks.
- Complete all other duties assigned as necessary.
- 1-2 years of experience in a food service or retail environment
- Must have a great attitude and the desire to work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic math
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to any situation
- Must be able to operate a Point of Sale system register
7/7/15 – Artisan/Farmstead Cheesemaker
Since 1996 Samish Bay Cheese has been making organic farmstead cheese at our dairy farm in Bow, Washington. We make Goudas, Cheddars, and a unique selection of fresh cheeses, including our ACS award winning Ladysmith, from our small herd of Milking Shorthorn cows. We also make yogurt and kefir, raise pigs on our whey and sell beef and pork. We sell on site, at farmers markets, and wholesale in the Northwest.
As we prepare to construct a new 3000 sq. ft. production and aging facility on the farm this Summer/Fall, we are hiring for two positions: an experienced Cheesemaker to work with our Senior Cheesemaker; and a Production Assistant/Trainee.
Applicants should have a strong sense of sanitation and good manufacturing practices and be dedicated to high quality standards.
Applications can be found on our website: www.samishbay.com/jobs or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Roger or Suzanne Wechsler at 360-766-6707.
6/26/15 – Cheese Specialist — Publix Super Markets
Because you have a passion for people, you’ll love working at Publix! We’re in the business of pleasing people and our associates are so engaged with our customers that Publix is the industry leader in customer satisfaction. Their engaging personalities are also one reason that, for 18 consecutive years, Publix has been honored as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Bring YOUR passion for people to the Cheese Specialist position in the Palm Beach, FL area. You’ll have the chance to share your smile with a lot of people!
Come join a company that has built its reputation on providing premier customer service. For years, Publix has been the top-ranking supermarket chain in the nation on the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Come join a company that treats associates as family. Thanks to our founder, George Jenkins, all eligible associates are shareholders in Publix. Our annual survey of associates shows strong job satisfaction. Many in our family stay with us for more than 20 years.
Come join a company whose continual growth provides ongoing opportunities for advancing your career. Publix has 170,000 associates, more than 1,100 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, and continually opens new stores. Our support system of manufacturing plants, distribution centers and corporate offices are expanding to serve that growth.
Come join a company that is financially sound, ethically strong and committed to diversity in all respects.
- Assists Customers and provides premier customer service
- Provides superior salesmanship to customers in the artisan cheese area
- Uses in-depth product expertise to make recommendations to customers based on observation and information provided by customers
- Describes cheese characteristics to customers, including age, region, type, taste description
- Assists in setting up demonstrations
- Maintains proper inventory balance and effective replenishment in artisan cheese area
- Follows proper procedures and works efficiently to optimize productivity
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness, food safety and sanitation.
- At least 18 years old
- Previous experience as a Cheese Specialist or Deli Clerk or equivalent experience
Other qualifications for the position of Cheese Specialist include:
- Ability to deliver friendly and courteous customer service
- Three to five years exposure to a wide cheese selection
- Extensive knowledge of cheese products
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- Advanced selling skills
- Ability to read, write and do simple math problem
Compensation: Minimum hourly rate: $10.95 & Maximum hourly rate: $16.00
Work Location: Publix on Palm Beach (135 Bradley Place, Palm Beach, FL 33480)
- Come join a company that offers benefits to help you grow financially. Publix offers the following to all eligible associates:
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health (with prescription benefits)/ Dental and Vision Plan
- Sick pay/ Long-term disability pay / Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement /Vacation pay / Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union / Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.For more information about our company, go to publix.jobs
To apply for this position, you MUST go to a Publix store in Palm Beach, FL. Then look for the Job Application Center, an automated touch-screen system. Because the Cheese Specialist position is in a limited number of stores, please indicate “Deli Clerk” as the position in which you are interested. Managers at that store and stores in the surrounding area will have access to your application. You will be contacted if one of those managers believes your skills, experience and availability match a current opening.
6/25/15 – Seeking Goat Herdsman Trainee
Goat Rodeo Farm and Dairy is a 130 acre farm located 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh, PA. We are in our first year of production milking a herd of 50 goats and planning to grow to 100 milkers. We are committed to efficient, excellent care of our goat herd. We need the highest quality milk possible to supply our on-farm cheesemaking.
The Goat Herdsman Trainee would be expected to learn to perform the following duties: milking, feeding, moving hay, operating a skid steer and tractor, manage kidding season, keeping barn, milk house, and parlor clean, manage breeding season including handling the bucks, administer herd health including hoof trimming, vaccination, worming, and identify and treat sick goats, small repairs, maintenance, and small basic construction projects.
The Goat Herdsman Trainee should have the following qualifications:
prior farm animal experience,
- able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- committed to local food and agriculture
- works well on a team
- prepared to grow with us
We offer the following compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 6 paid holidays
- 1 week paid vacation after one year of service
- five and one half day work week
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
6/24/15 – Marketing and Administrative Support
Busy San Francisco Specialty Food Broker seeks motivated individual to provide Marketing and Administrative Support. Be a part of an energetic workplace team of dedicated food professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to launch your career in marketing or specialty foods.
Must love food and be skilled in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Adobe a plus! Must be an organized self-starter as well as friendly and professional. Multi taskers are encouraged!
Salary DOE. Full time, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, in San Francisco.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
6/18/15 – Beecher’s Handmade Cheese East Coast/Mid-West Regional Sales Representative
Beecher’s is growing again! We are looking for a full time, Regional Sales rep who has a passion for foods free of artificial ingredients and a love of artisan cheeses. This position will be based in Manhattan and will assist with sales for Beecher’s Handmade Cheese on the East Coast and the Mid-West.
Founded in 2003, Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is an urban cheesemaker operating out of Seattle’s Pike Place Market and New York City’s Flatiron District. Visitors to Beecher’s glass-walled cheesemaking kitchens witness first- hand the crafting of their signature favorite, Flagship cheese, as well as many of the other award-winning cheeses Beecher’s has to offer. Everything produced by Beecher’s, from the handcrafted cheeses to the delicious side dishes and crackers, is free of artificial preservatives, coloring, and flavor enhancers.
This job will include:
- Working with the National Director of Sales to build relationships with retailers, food service and distributors
- Identifying and attending public and trade events appropriate to both brands, and sampling / promoting products at these events
- Have at least two years outside sales experience, preferably in the East Coast & Mid-West markets
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
- Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
- Be located in the greater New York Metro area
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and availability to travel out of state
- Have a passion for authentic foods free of artificial preservatives, colorings, and flavor enhancers, and for selling these types of quality, wholesome products
Please provide cover letter and resume though the following link: https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6959&jid=220157
This is a non-commission Sales position. Salary – DOE & Full benefits
Beecher’s is part of the Sugar Mountain family of businesses whose mission is to “Change the Way America Eats.” To that end, one percent of all sales is donated to the Beecher’s Pure Food Kids Foundation (www.purefoodkids.org), founded by Beecher’s in 2004, empowering kids to make healthy food choices for life.
5/23/15 – Artisan Cheesemaker Position
Blackberry Farm provides a world class hospitality experience for our guests. Our attention to every detail, impeccable service, unique activity offerings and outstanding cuisine have helped Blackberry Farm earn its pedigree as one of the most celebrated small luxury resorts in the world.
- James Beard Award Winner—Best Wine Program
- James Beard Award Winner—Best Chef Southeast
- Travel & Leisure Magazine–#1 Resort in North America
- Andrew Harper–#1 Food and Wine Resort
- Travel & Leisure Magazine–#1 Service in North America
- 4,200 Acre Working Farm setting the standard for Farm to Table Cuisine
The Artisan Cheesemaker is responsible for all aspects of the Blackberry Farm cheese program including but not limited to developing new recipes, consistently delivering on existing recipes, production, ripening, packaging, maintaining cheese inventory, COGS and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintains a pristine work environment that is compliant with FDA regulation and Blackberry Farm Standards
- Refines and consistently delivers core Blackberry Farm cheeses with uncompromising quality
- Develops new recipes for high quality artisanal cheeses
- Production, Storage, Ripening, Rotation, Shelf Life and packaging of all cheeses
- Proven ability to present/demo cheeses to guests and potential buyers to support revenue goals
- Ability to produce both sheep’s milk and cow’s milk cheese varieties
- Accurate and compliant record keeping in conjunction with FDA and Blackberry Farm production guidelines
- Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results
- Closely manage cost of goods sold, yield percentages, inventory levels and shelf lives
- Applicant must be able to attend on-site and off -site events (i.e. beer festivals, community fundraisers, etc), and interact with guests.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will include direct supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 years of work experience in cheese making and artisan cheese making required
Blackberry Farm is an energetic and enriching work culture. Apply now to join the winning team at Blackberry Farm! To learn more or to apply, please visit www.blackberryfarm.com/careers.
5/22/15 – Farmstead Cheese Business
Turnkey farmstead cheese manufacturing facility, comprising 10 head goat/sheep milking parlor, milk room, cheese room, packaging room, office, bathroom, retail sales room, 8’ x 7’ walk-in cooler, and 10’ x 10’ aging cellar. Equipment includes: Milking pipeline system with DeLaval 5 hp pump, Westfalia Top Flow Z milkers (10); Damrow 100g. pasteurizer with Anderson AJ300 digital recording thermo; S/S draining tables; Boumatic 264g. milk tank; S/S double sinks(2); Koch table top vacuum packager; S/S aging racks (36); label printer. Kidding barn with “Nursomat”, loafing barn, and 2 acres of pasture. Just bring your milk or animals! Available for lease at $2000/month. This is an excellent opportunity to be the only goat or sheep dairy in Central Oregon. Owner has 27 years experience in the farmstead cheese business and is available for consulting on production and sales. 541-923-8353 Redmond, OR
5/18/15 – Director of Human Resources
Jasper Hill is a leader in the artisan cheese industry. We are a mission based company working to preserve Vermont’s agricultural soils and working landscape through farmstead cheese production. We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced person to manage the Human Resources across our family of businesses. Jasper Hill is located in the beautiful, rural, rolling hills of Greensboro, VT. The Jasper Hill Family of Businesses (JFOB) includes two farms, two creameries, a cheese aging facility, as well as the sales and administrative team.
In this hands on role, the Director of HR will implement practices and objectives that will cultivate a strong team spirit and high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment, as well as the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Jasper Hill is in a growth stage and this position will be responsible for implementing and managing a Human Resources platform to achieve this growth. This position reports to the Executives and will assist and advise company managers about Human resources issues.
- Anticipates labor needs and finds the professional talent that helps the company move forward
- Assists in supporting employees relocating to the community
- Ensures effective on boarding of new employees
Employee development and training
- Cultivates leadership through training, coaching and guidance to improve manager’s skill set
- Responsible for employee orientation, development and training, including implementation of a documented training program focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Oversees the administrative support team for the JFOB. The focus of this team is to create a consistent culture of and practices in Food Safety, Training, Education Quality, and Open Book Management.
- Conducts reviews of administrative team and reports on Labor to the leadership
- Creates Global Labor Plan for all parts of the JFOB.
- Plans out a Compensation Strategy with the owners and leaders of the company
- Benefits administration and innovation
- Ensures the labor practices are in line with all state and federal regulations
- Resolves conflicts promptly and performs investigations in a professional manner ensuring fairness, open and clear communication and legal compliance.
- Maintains Employee Handbook, keeps Company Policies current and communicates changes effectively with staff
- Investigates and reports on workers compensation issues for insurance carriers
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 7 years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of Vermont labor laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking and presenting skills
- Highly organized and the efficient time management skills
- Strong demonstration of dynamic leaderships skills and the ability to think strategically about the big picture
- Experience in administration of benefits and compensation programs
To send a resume or get more information contact Emily through email@example.com or 802-533-2566×106. Visit www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment for our entire listing of open positions.
5/5/15 – Wholesale Sales/Support Assistant
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese has been producing award winning, hand-crafted cheese since 2003 using only the purest ingredients and artisanal methods.
We are looking for a full time, Wholesale Sales/Support Assistant who has a passion for pure, all natural food, a love of cheese and a drive to excel, to assist with sales of Beecher’s Handmade Cheese.
- Have at least two years sales experience – some with distributors, headquarter calls in specialty food, artisan cheese a huge plus!
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
- Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
- A valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation and is available to travel out of state
- Be passionate about food and selling quality products
The job will include:
- Assisting with Wholesale Director of Sales to sell directly to retail accounts and distributors
- Attending events sampling and promoting Beecher’s Handmade Cheese and products
- Coordinating and conducting retail demos/tastings
To apply, follow the link or copy and paste it into your browser: https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6959&jid=322010
Salary – DOE & Full benefits
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is part of the Sugar Mountain family and is committed to pure, all-natural foods. In keeping with our commitment to pure food, Sugar Mountain companies contribute 1% of all sales to the Pure Food Kids Foundation, founded by Beecher’s in 2004.