American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-7728.
2/20/15 – East Coast/ Mid-West Regional Sales Representative
Beecher’s is looking for a full time Regional Sales rep who has a passion for foods free of artificial ingredients and a love of artisan cheeses. This position will assist with sales for Beecher’s Handmade Cheese on the East Coast and the Mid-West.
Founded in 2003, Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is an urban cheesemaker operating out of Seattle’s Pike Place Market and New York City’s Flatiron District. Visitors to Beecher’s glass-walled cheesemaking kitchens witness first- hand the crafting of their signature favorite, Flagship cheese, as well as many of the other award-winning cheeses Beecher’s has to offer. Everything produced by Beecher’s, from the handcrafted cheeses to the delicious side dishes and crackers, is free of artificial preservatives, coloring, and flavor enhancers.
This job will include:
- Working with the National Director of Sales to build relationships with retailers, food service and distributors
- Identifying and attending public and trade events appropriate to both brands, and sampling / promoting products at these events
- Have at least two years outside sales experience, preferably in the East Coast & Mid-West markets
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
- Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
- Be located in the greater New York Metro area
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and availability to travel out of state
- Have a passion for authentic foods free of artificial preservatives, colorings, and flavor enhancers, and for selling these types of quality, wholesome products
This is a non-commission Sales position. Salary – DOE. Full benefits.
Beecher’s is part of the Sugar Mountain family of businesses whose mission is to “Change the Way America Eats.” To that end, one percent of all sales is donated to the Beecher’s Pure Food Kids Foundation (www.purefoodkids.org), founded by Beecher’s in 2004, empowering kids to make healthy food choices for life.
2/20/15 – Apprentice/Intern
Caromont Farm is currently filling positions for Spring/Summer Apprentice/Interns. Duties would include milking 90 goats twice a day, farm maintenance, making both raw and pasteurized cheeses, washing cheese, and aging room maintenance.
Lodging and meals provided. Weekly stipend provided. If you are interested in this position, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2/19/15 – Cheese and Charcuterie Specialist
Erewhon, Los Angeles’ homegrown iconic natural food store, is expanding rapidly and is looking for creative food lovers who strive to provide our customers with inspired and compelling sustainably produced products. Our suppliers are hyperlocal. Our staff is inventive, enthusiastic, driven and passionate about creating the highest quality product to ensure that each and every one of our customers can lead the healthiest and best possible life. We are leaders on supporting local organic growers and the environment, partner with organizations that share our values and build community wherever we root. We recycle, reuse and minimize waste and act in every way possible to protect the finite resources of our planet. Family owned and operated for more than 40 years in Los Angeles, we are the source of the healthiest and most nutrient-rich foods available.
What We Offer:
Flexible full time schedules; Competitive market wages; Traditional group health plan coverage; Dental and vision; Paid vacation accrual; Generous employee discount; Collaborative environment and open-door policy – you have a great idea? We want to hear it!; Tremendous opportunities for personal specialization and professional growth
- Must be extensively knowledgeable about the production, packaging and pairing of local organic, artisan and farmstead cheeses as well as traditionally cured charcuterie offerings.
- Must be able to provide our patrons with appropriate and accessible accoutrements (fruit pastes, flatbreads, olives and nuts, gourmet chocolates, oils and wines); coordinate with management of other departments for store cross-merchandising and special promotion.
- Identify and maintain unique seasonal and local inventory with regards to regional purchasing trends and product variations.
- Must possess ability to provide outstanding customer service while maintaining exceptional sanitation and appearance standards.
- Must be driven to establish, build and grow vendor and customer client relationships.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum one year of experience in specialty cheese, deli, or food service industries required.
- Excellent knife handling skills.
- Strong work ethic, time management skills and sense of urgency.
- Ability to visually examine products quickly for quality and freshness. Must be able to properly date and rotate product for optimal freshness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – both with other members of staff and customer base as a whole.
- Flexible availability – we need staff mornings, evenings, weekends AND most holidays.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
To Apply: Send resume to Victor at email@example.com.
2/19/15 – Assistant Cheesemaker
This is a FULL TIME position.
Ballard Cheese llc is looking for an Assistant Cheesemaker. This position will be responsible for assisting in the production of all types of cheeses and performing all the tasks that go into transforming milk into cheese. The ideal candidate will have at least a high school diploma; be able to apply basic math to recipe calculations; understand the importance of sanitation and safety in the cheese making process; be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; have the ability to learn to operate cheese making equipment; and be someone who can work independently and also as a part of a team. Job responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Consistent, punctual arrival at the farm
- Obeying all guidelines and laws for sanitary cheese making practices
- Cleaning and sanitizing all cheesemaking equipment, tools, and cheese room
- Safely and correctly operating cheese room equipment
- Accurate and consistent record-keeping in the cheese room
- Careful and consistent monitoring of milk during cheese making
- Monitoring and attending to cheeses during aging
- Maintaining a consistent demeanor of professionalism and kindness
- Be able to move up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift 50-100 lbs.
- Most day consist of long periods of standing, walking, lifting and various repetitive motions
- Be able to work with chemicals
- English speaking
To Apply: Send (mail or email) Resume and references to: Ballard Cheese LLc 1764 south 2100 east Gooding, Id. 83330 or email Ballardcheese4u@yahoo.com.
2/18/15 – Sales/Marketing
Arethusa Farm Dairy, located in the Litchfield hills of CT, produces a diverse line of dairy products from its single herd of Holsteins, Jerseys and Brown Swiss cows.
Arethusa Farm Dairy is seeking a sales and marketing representative for the CT, Westchester County and New York City area. Full or part time depending on the level of skills.
- Develop strong relationships with current and new customers
- Work cohesively with the Arethusa team
- Service accounts weekly
- Support sales related activities, including customer service, setting up sales sample request, and other sales duties
- Train and educate sampling/demo team members
- Successful food sales experience, 2 plus years’ preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- A sense of humor and creativity
- A love of cheese and dairy products!Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
2/18/15 – Cheese Farm For Sale
Beautiful 60 acre cheese farm for sale near Duluth, Minnesota. Retail store/café with state approved kitchen, cheese processing facility and aging room; milking barn (pipeline set-up included) with milk house and hayloft, large pole building, custom built farm house (2,366 sq. ft. w/full basement; 5 bed, 2 bath, built in 1987), pond and small apple orchard. Great opportunity to own your own business! $299,000. For more information, email Joy at email@example.com.
2/17/15 – Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread and Wine: Senior Manager of Operations
Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine is an award-winning European-inspired neighborhood cheese, specialty food and wine retailer. We offer the highest quality, cut-to-order domestic and international specialty cheeses, freshly baked breads, perfectly chosen accompaniments and small production wines, craft beers, sandwiches, catering, and gift baskets. We opened our first store in Chicago’s East Lakeview neighborhood in 2004. We subsequently opened two additional stores in the Loop and the Chicago French Market, have a thriving wholesale and online business, and opened our intimate cheese and wine bistro, Bar Pastoral. Throughout our decade of growth, we are proud to have maintained a working environment befitting a small, local business. While we are a professional environment, we never forget to have a little fun!
Pastoral is one of the nation’s most respected specialty food retailers, having been featured three times in Oprah’s Favorite Things, the Williams-Sonoma Catalog, and on NBC’s Today Show. Twice the Specialty Food Association has awarded us the distinction of national Outstanding Specialty Food Retailer (2012 and 2007), Bar Pastoral has been recommended in the prestigious Michelin Guide, and we’ve won several “Best of Chicago” awards. Our commitment and focus on service, education, quality, and uniqueness drives our growth and success.
Pastoral employees are a community amongst ourselves, and our shared passion is food. Beyond that shared passion, our diversity is endless. In addition to professionally trained chefs and bakers, Pastoral has employed neuroscientists, actors, former Congressional aides, haunted house aficionados, musicians, attorneys, professors, and martial arts experts, among others.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Operations to join our team to lead, shape, and continue to cultivate our retail and restaurant business strategies. This position reports to our Chief Operating Officer.
The Senior Manager of Operations is a member of the Senior Management Team who will create a culture that drives profitable growth while ensuring continual improvements to the customer experience. The SMO will develop the store and restaurant management teams to ensure current and future business goals are reached, and align teams to achieve organizational goals. The SMO is expected to be in the stores and restaurant frequently to ensure customer service standards and compliance with operational systems are achieved and maintained. The SMO will collaborate with colleagues on the Senior Management Team with matters pertaining to Human Resources, Purchasing, and Marketing.
Our ideal candidate is a vibrant leader and team-oriented professional who has a passion for food, has several years of management experience in a multi-unit retail business environment, has an innate ability to manage and motivate a team, possesses attention to detail and strong analytical skills to manage profitability by the numbers.
To apply for this job, email resume and cover letter to jobs[at]pastoralartisan.com.
2/11/15 – Artisan Cheesemaker, England
Experienced, artisan cheesemaker wanted for Daylesford Organic in the heart of the Cotswolds, England. Would suit an enthusiastic cheesemaker who is able to lead a small team and be pro-active. Good package available with a two-bedroom cottage in the village available if necessary. Please contact Michael Rolfe on +447961 259283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about Daylesford Organic, please visit our web site www.daylesford.com
1/23/15 – East Coast Sales Manager
Champignon North America, Inc. imports and sells specialty cheeses from Käserei Champignon, a family-owned cheese manufacturer in Bavaria, Germany. We are proud of our long history of quality cheese production, innovation, and customer satisfaction. We are looking for the right candidate to become a part of our team and continue our growth. Champignon North America’s corporate office is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, just minutes away from New York City.
The East Coast Sales Manager is responsible for increasing sales in the East Coast territory (all states on the eastern seaboard, west to Pennsylvania and Tennessee) and developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with key distributors and retailers. This is a full-time salaried position with bonus and commission.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the specialty cheese business with direct sales to distributors and retailers
- Must have knowledge of the East Coast markets and distributors taking care of the specialty retailers
- Outgoing personality and ability to blend within a smaller organization
- Must be comfortable working in a small office and working from home
- Possesses the ability to be creative with promotions, structuring sales strategies and discovering opportunities with our products in new and existing retailers
- Needs to have an entrepreneurial approach to managing and growing the territory
- Must be accountable, and willing to take ownership of responsibilities
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask while maintaining a high level of work quality and detail
- Ability to stop, think, and analyze situations and make well-informed decisions.
- Must have excellent communication and strong customer service skills to deal with very seasoned buyers
- Must have very high confidence in sales ability and in problem solving.
- Must present a clean, well-mannered image to customers, suitable for the industry and our company standards
- Ability to plan, organize, and attend trade shows and regional distributor shows, including setting up and taking down booth (able to lift at least 30 lbs.). Some weekend shows will be required
- Keep current with changing industry and changes in distributor and retail trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales reports and contracts
- Able to maintain accurate records of all sales and activity reports
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid passport for occasional international travel
- Valid US driver’s license
- Prefer candidates residing in the greater NYC/ NJ area
If you are interested in the position, please contact Flynne Wiley at email@example.com.
1/22/15 – Do You Love Cheese
Are you a matchmaker? We are a cheese Distributor looking for a good person who has worked with cheese (retail is exceptional training) and loves to build sales of Artisan Cheese and all things that pair well!
Job Description: Inside Sales
Title: Wholesale Cheese Sales Representative
Based at: Tomales Bay Foods, Petaluma California
We are looking for a motivated and organized individual who eats great cheese and has what it takes to sell it. We service customers nationally including fabulous chefs and restaurants, cutting-edge retailers, wineries and caterers. We offer small production artisan cheese and accompaniments with a focus on American Producers. Our goal is to build a sustainable future for artisan cheese makers and their community. This position requires extensive customer phone and email contact. Brimming enthusiasm is a plus.
- Matches the right cheese with the right customer!
- Builds long-term sales and customer loyalty.
- Provides knowledgeable, enthusiastic and efficient service.
- Works closely with sales and warehouse team with inherent accuracy and urgency.
- Upholds high standards of customer service through every encounter.
- Generates sales orders and invoices accurately and efficiently.
- Participates in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Professional communication
- Multi-tasking without sacrificing speed or accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Energetic and efficient
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven
- Experience with Microsoft Office and competent in PC use
- QuickBooks experience
- Experience in pairing cheese with beer and wine
- Experience in selling cheese
- Cooperative team player
- Fluent in English
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Physical Requirements of the job:
- Working both in office at desk (75%) and warehouse-on your feet (25%)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in 41 degree walk in for short periods of time
- Ability to move quickly in crowded environment
- Ability to use computer keyboard and phones for 6+ hrs. day
- The ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have great customer service, a sense of humor and appreciate success through teamwork.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Please respond by EMAIL ONLY, with everything embedded in the email or attached as a PDF with TOMALES BAY FOOD CHEESE SALES in the subject line to Debra Dickerson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include cover letter, resume and 2 references.
Benefits: Health + Dental insurance
401K, Paid Time Off
Participating in a socially and environmentally conscious company committed to sustainable agriculture and organic production.
1/20/15 – Kusel Walker Vat
KUSEL WALKER VAT
For sale: Kusel walker style vat, approximately 150 gallon capacity. Bought from a commercial food lab, all electronics have been replaced with solid state controls and new drive motors. Vat is in excellent shape with little sign of wear. Perfect for artisanal plant. $9,800. Shipping and crating is separate. Please contact Flathead Lake Cheese at 406-883-0343 for pictures and additional information.
1/20/15 – Management Team at Righteous Cheese (Washington DC)
Are you a cheesemonger looking for a home? Righteous Cheese is a bustling cheese shop, located in the heart of DC at Union Market, and is seeking a cheese lover to join our management ranks.
Us: An artisanal cheese shop and bar, offering unique, uncommon handmade cheeses made locally and around the world. We always approach cheese with reverence but don’t take ourselves too seriously. However, we do have the highest standards for our products and ourselves.
You: excellent customer service, make customers laugh, love to learn, hardworking, can hustle your behind when necessary, task-oriented, very friendly and easy to get along with, loads of enthusiasm even under pressure, a great team player with a positive attitude, and most importantly – passionate about food!
Members of our management team need to be strong multi-taskers; be able to work both independently and within a team; and have excellent organization & communication skills in order to manage staff.
The job: Our management team handles new staff training, ordering, product development, inventory management, social media – and of course, cheesemongering. We are looking to hire an assistant manager to eventually develop into a senior manager. We value staffers that come in with a positive attitude every day and are excited about the artisan cheese industry. As a young business in a bustling market, our entire staff needs to be flexible, adaptable, and be able to think & move quickly.
Applicants must have 1 year + of cheese experience. Email email@example.com with cover letter and resume if you’re interested! No phone calls please.
1/13/15 – Cheesemonger / Manager
The Pink House is looking for a cheesemonger to help establish and manage a specialty meats and cheeses shop in Genoa, NV.
Duties would include establishing vendors, assisting with equipment purchase, hiring and training personnel, setting up and maintaining shop, and assisting with promoting items.
Excellent pay, health insurance, 401(k) and other benefits. Possible ownership if interested.
Genoa, NV is a quaint, historic town located in the Carson Valley, about 20 minutes from Lake Tahoe, CA.
Please send resume to: Lois Wray, firstname.lastname@example.org
1/13/15 – National Sales Manager
My client is a vertically integrated company that produces and distributes buffalo milk products from Colombia such as Mozzarella, Burratta, Yogurt, Milk Crème, and Milk Caramel; is looking for an energetic candidate that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
They are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for cheese to represent their product to retailers and restaurants across the country. The ideal candidate will enjoy generating new business, understand the industry and what it takes successfully partner with customers. This is an exciting opportunity be part of building a brand!
The beginning of something great often starts with a passion and the urge to share that passion with others. With the love for home made and fresh food, my client began by making their own types of cheeses in a home kitchen. After years of experimenting and enjoying culinary masterpieces of all sorts, specifically in the dairy category, they realized there was no comparison between the texture, aroma and taste of cow milk and buffalo milk. As they decided to share their passion with the world, they had only one buffalo – This is where the company began. Slowly, they have acquired more buffalos to currently have 200 buffalos. They give the company the richest milk to make unique products.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jean Forney at email@example.com or (561) 672-1230.
1/13/15 – Cheese Merchandiser/Sales
My Client is a vertically integrated company that produces and distributes buffalo milk products form Colombia such as Mozzarella, Burratta, Yogurt, Milk Crème, and Milk Caramel; is looking for an energetic candidate, that enjoys working in a dynamic environment. This position is in Chicago and will be a “home-office” environment.
The role will service existing supermarket customer and evolve into generating new customers in the grocery and/or restaurant industry.
Candidate will visit stores on weekly basis to merchandise product, assist with inventory/order quantities, evaluate sales and make recommendations on product levels, in-store demonstrations, etc.
Exciting growth opportunities!
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jean Forney at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 672-1230.
1/6/15 – Artisan Sheep Cheesemaker and Affineur
Tucker Family Farm is a family owned and operated farm. We are searching for a self-motivated, driven, sustainably minded cheesemaker who is looking for a cheese making career. We practice sustainable and organic production of sheep milk, and are looking for a like-minded individual. We prefer an experienced cheese maker but are willing to consider an extremely driven and motivated newcomer.
Our farm and creamery are nestled against the mountains in Bitterroot Valley, Montana. The majority of our products are direct marketed in our area and throughout Montana. We have an underground cheese cave for aging as well as a brand new creamery facility. While we have specific cheeses we wish to produce, we are looking for a cheese maker who is innovative, likes to experiment, and is driven to create the highest quality of cheese.
This position would include making and aging cheese as well as selling, organizing and running tasting/pairing events, and expanding our current area of sales.
This position of Cheesemaker and Affineur for our artisan farmstead creamery offers the following:
Unique Opportunity – Make artisan cheese, grow with a new business, develop your own cheese recipes, and have your name attached to the cheese, as well as utilizing a new facility with an underground cheese cave for aging.
Diverse – The opportunity to be in charge of cheesemaking and aging as well as new recipe development, new ways to age, marketing, selling, event organizing, tastings, and pairings.
Locally Driven – As a sustainable farm, we are always looking for ways to utilize products close to the farm to enhance our products with local flavors. We are looking for a cheese maker with a similar philosophy, one who is driven by finding ways to utilize the unique local abundance in new and interesting ways.
Hands-free Creativity – We do not want someone who is just here to follow our recipes. We want an innovator, a creator, someone who wants to make the best cheese and will not give up trying to actualize their dream. We succeed only when you are pushing the boundaries and creating an ever-improving product.
Long term career – We want someone who is interested in a career. Develop your name as a cheese maker along with our farm. We want this to be your dream.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tyler at email@example.com. Please address any further inquiries to this address as well.