American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-7728.
3/23/15 – Territory Sales Manager – Cheese
Emmi Roth USA produces award-winning, specialty cheeses in Monroe, Wisconsin. As a subsidiary of Emmi Group, our history is rich with generations of cheesemakers and dairy families making high quality cheese. Our geographic location allows for access to high quality milk with a strong Swiss heritage in cheesemaking. Emmi’s artisanal cheeses are crafted with pride in Switzerland, Europe and the United States. Emmi Roth’s Specialty Sales Team includes fun, hardworking cheese lovers with a high regard for our industry.
We are seeking a like-minded Territory Manager to cover territories in Salt Lake, Park City Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Kansas, Colorado, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas.
An ideal candidate would be very passionate about cheese and specialty foods. This person should have a working knowledge of the local retailers, as well as the food industry. As this is a sales position, the ideal candidate should possess an outgoing personality, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. This position requires working from home and on the road.
- Maintaining a call pattern with existing customers. Excellent customer service is required for soliciting orders, maintaining market share and general sales support.
- The ability to work independently is essential, yet, still being team player-minded.
- Travel required is approximately 50% of the time to customers for new store openings, training key customers, coordinating store merchandising efforts, etc.
- Cheese knowledge is critical to this position.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy and high quality customer service is essential
- excellence in oral and written skills
- effective time management
- working knowledge of computer based programs such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
- This job requires the ability to identify new business opportunities with existing customers, new customers and new venues. This includes having the knowledge and ability to work with brokers.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Sales networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Sales techniques.
Emmi Roth USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested in the position, please visit http://us.emmi.com/en/ask-us/careers.html.
3/23/15 – Sales Manager
Green Dirt Farm, based in Weston, Missouri (40 miles north of Kansas City) is looking for a dynamic National Sales Manager. We are a small, entrepreneurial company creating handmade sheep’s milk cheeses and yogurt on our dairy farm. Our award-winning products are proudly sold in Whole Foods, Hy-Vee, Natural Grocers and many specialty food markets throughout a 5-state region, with an increasing demand at specialty stores throughout the country.
At Green Dirt Farm, we believe passionately in our values of humane animal management, environmental sustainability and commitment to the health and well being of our employees and community. Numerous magazines (e.g. Culture- The Word on Cheese, Mid-West Living, Mother Earth News, Country Living, Natural Home and Garden), newspapers (e.g. Kansas City Star, The Pitch) and television shows (e.g. No Reservations with Anthony Bourdain) have highlighted our products. Moreover, our cheeses and yogurts have garnered multiple American Cheese Society awards and we are proud of our excellent reputation in the artisan cheese community for crafting exceptional sheep’s milk cheeses and yogurts. We believe that we are poised to become a nationally renowned producer of artisan sheep’s milk dairy products.
The Green Dirt Farm Sales Manager will be responsible for expanding our reach into new states and new markets, as well as supporting and expanding sales within our existing customers. The Sales Manager will also manage a highly collaborative team dedicated to assisting the Sales Manager make new sales and support existing customers.
Preferred candidates should have demonstrated experience in specialty cheese sales, or similar products, and have excellent leadership and organizational skills. He or she will have the opportunity to build the infrastructure for our entire sales operation and guide its implementation.
This position will be a full time member of the management team. We are proud to offer a benefits package, which includes a guaranteed base salary, bonuses for meeting sales objectives, a health insurance stipend and a flexible work schedule. Please visit our website to learn more about Green Dirt Farm at www.greendirtfarm.com and www.onlyeweyogurt.com.
Interested individuals send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
3/20/15 – Technical Sales Representative – Cheese making equipment specialist
Please note this is a remote position and can be perform from anywhere in the US*
Come join a dynamic team, highly specialized and recognized in its field of activities and constantly developing new technologies.
Founded in 1996 QUALTECH has built a reputation of devotion, engineering excellence and customer service second to none. QUALTECH’s strength lies in the ability to undertake every level of a complex project from engineering to the start-up stage. Over the years, through – strategic growth and acquisition, QUALTECH’s management team has ensured the continuity of their values through a well-trained and experienced team of professionals.
Today, QUALTECH has several divisions represented in multiple cities across Canada and the United States. The original location in Quebec City now adds St-Hyacinthe, Laval, Mississauga, Richmond Hill and Sacramento California to the Family fold.
The QUALTECH family shines because of its devotion to customer service, as well as the many years of on-site experience and in-depth training. Clients are supported through the engineering and automation process, the fabrication of stainless steel equipment and the supply of components as well as spare parts distribution. More information at: www.qualtech.ca.
We have an immediate opening for a TECHNICAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE specialized in cheese-making equipment to develop the US market.
Under the supervision of the Sales Manager, you will mainly be responsible to stimulate interest in potential customers for QUALTECH Cheese-making products. By your activities, you will support our agents and distributors in those territories and develop new clientele in order to meet sales objectives.
Among other things, your responsibilities will be to:
- Support and bring technical expertise to our existing agents and distributors in those territories.
- Plan and organize technical presentations on our products with engineering firms, other organizations and the distribution network of the company;
- Maintain and develop business with our existing customer base
- Offer technical support to our customers;
- Identify potential customers targets and implement the best strategy to approach them
- Participate in planning promotion activities such as expositions, technical presentations and special events;
- Participate in preparing proposals;
- Frequently travel to Canada and United States.
- Bachelor Degree in mechanical engineering, College Diploma in dairy science or mechanical engineering technology and equivalent relevant experience;
- 5 years of relevant experience in sales and at least 3 years in cheese making or cheese-making equipment field;
- Good knowledge of cheese-making process;
- Good knowledge of PMO standards;
- Good knowledge of Windows software;
- Must be available to travel up to 60% of the time in Canada and United States;
- Customer service oriented.
- Salary to commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Commissions on sales
Supplemental training according to employee, market or company need
3/16/15 – Cheesemaker & Creamery Manager
Jasper Hill is looking for an experienced cheesemaker to lead the production team at our newest facility. We seek a dynamic leader who understands the science, art, and craft of cheesemaking. The ideal candidate is interested in advancing their skills through study and hands-on experience, has food safety knowledge, is willing to lead through an Open Book Management business structure, and appreciates opportunities for continued growth and education. Jasper Hill cheesemakers are not isolated in production, they work closely with our farm, quality, aging and sales teams as we strive to produce the world’s best cheese.
Jasper Hill is looking for a cheesemaker as an addition to our talented creamery staff. The ideal candidate has professional cheesemaking experience and is confident making decisions based on sensory and scientific indicators. Our culture at Jasper Hill is based in food safety and Open Book Management and we offer many opportunities for continued growth and learning. Jasper Hill cheesemakers are not isolated in production, and work closely with our farm, quality, aging and sales teams as we strive to produce the world’s best cheese.
Please contact Emily at email@example.com to learn more or send a resume. Check out our website for a full listing of our open positions. http://www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment
3/16/15 – Assistant Manager (Ferry Building Cheese Shop)
Cowgirl Creamery is looking for an experienced individual to be an Assistant Manager at our Ferry Building Cheese Shop.
We specialize in artisan cheese and accompaniments. We support sustainable artisan cheesemaking through educational events, promotions and sales. We invite you to join our team of hard working cheesemakers, cheesemongers and sellers of the finest handmade artisan cheese in the country.
To provide leadership and coaching for staff, to direct the smooth, friendly and efficient operation of the store, to maintain existing programs and implement new ones in accordance with the company’s strategic plan, and to act as Manager on Duty when the manager is not present.
- Retains and empowers staff thru ongoing training and education
- Exemplifies excellent service
- Limits workplace injury
- Follows and maintains sanitation procedures and documentation
- Ensures reports are submitted as scheduled
- Grows sales.
This is a full time, hands on job requiring weekend and holiday availability. Benefits include competitive pay, paid time off, health and dental care, 401k, and a discount on cheese!
If interested, please respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and two references included in the body of the text or as a PDF.
3/4/15 – Senior QA Manager
Senior Quality Assurance Manager, Rural New England location
- Maintain (and always be ahead of the requirements) BRC “A” rating and drive for Continued Improvement
- This is a rare…one man show QA Manager Opportunity…managing (1) Lab Technician
- Must live and breathe authentic passion for Top Notch Quality Assurance Standards
- Maintain HACCP, employee trainings, audits, regulatory compliance, safety and collaborate with R&D as needed
- Must possess outstanding communication skills with demonstrated effectiveness at driving results
- Degree highly preferred.
- Min 3-5 years quality assurance experience in the Dairy Industry is highly preferred.
Excellent Compensation, bonus, and relocation assistance
……….Unique Role! First class Employer! Couldn’t get a better boss!…….
Interested in the position, contact Therese Seefeldt, Dairy Industry Specialist with Management Recruiters of Boise at 877-520-3990 or email@example.com
3/4/15 – Creamery Manager
Creamery Manager (Cheesemaker), rural New England area with lower cost of living
Client is a privately held specialty cheese company been in business over 10 years. Mission is the highest quality product possible.
- Min (3) years of Cheese making experience and (2) years of managing process and people
- Oversee (and participate in) production and drive for continued improvement
- Receive milk into vat, make cheese and troubleshoot process
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety and Chemical usage
Must be passionate about cheesemaking and possess a track record of managing and developing people. Competitive salary and relocation assistance! Positive internal culture! Great quality of life opportunity!
If you are interested in applying, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2/20/15 – East Coast/ Mid-West Regional Sales Representative
Beecher’s is looking for a full time Regional Sales rep who has a passion for foods free of artificial ingredients and a love of artisan cheeses. This position will assist with sales for Beecher’s Handmade Cheese on the East Coast and the Mid-West.
Founded in 2003, Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is an urban cheesemaker operating out of Seattle’s Pike Place Market and New York City’s Flatiron District. Visitors to Beecher’s glass-walled cheesemaking kitchens witness first- hand the crafting of their signature favorite, Flagship cheese, as well as many of the other award-winning cheeses Beecher’s has to offer. Everything produced by Beecher’s, from the handcrafted cheeses to the delicious side dishes and crackers, is free of artificial preservatives, coloring, and flavor enhancers.
This job will include:
- Working with the National Director of Sales to build relationships with retailers, food service and distributors
- Identifying and attending public and trade events appropriate to both brands, and sampling / promoting products at these events
- Have at least two years outside sales experience, preferably in the East Coast & Mid-West markets
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
- Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
- Be located in the greater New York Metro area
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and availability to travel out of state
- Have a passion for authentic foods free of artificial preservatives, colorings, and flavor enhancers, and for selling these types of quality, wholesome products
This is a non-commission Sales position. Salary – DOE. Full benefits.
Beecher’s is part of the Sugar Mountain family of businesses whose mission is to “Change the Way America Eats.” To that end, one percent of all sales is donated to the Beecher’s Pure Food Kids Foundation (www.purefoodkids.org), founded by Beecher’s in 2004, empowering kids to make healthy food choices for life.
2/20/15 – Apprentice/Intern
Caromont Farm is currently filling positions for Spring/Summer Apprentice/Interns. Duties would include milking 90 goats twice a day, farm maintenance, making both raw and pasteurized cheeses, washing cheese, and aging room maintenance.
Lodging and meals provided. Weekly stipend provided. If you are interested in this position, please email resume to email@example.com.
2/18/15 – Sales/Marketing
Arethusa Farm Dairy, located in the Litchfield hills of CT, produces a diverse line of dairy products from its single herd of Holsteins, Jerseys and Brown Swiss cows.
Arethusa Farm Dairy is seeking a sales and marketing representative for the CT, Westchester County and New York City area. Full or part time depending on the level of skills.
- Develop strong relationships with current and new customers
- Work cohesively with the Arethusa team
- Service accounts weekly
- Support sales related activities, including customer service, setting up sales sample request, and other sales duties
- Train and educate sampling/demo team members
- Successful food sales experience, 2 plus years’ preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- A sense of humor and creativity
- A love of cheese and dairy products!Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
2/18/15 – Cheese Farm For Sale
Beautiful 60 acre cheese farm for sale near Duluth, Minnesota. Retail store/café with state approved kitchen, cheese processing facility and aging room; milking barn (pipeline set-up included) with milk house and hayloft, large pole building, custom built farm house (2,366 sq. ft. w/full basement; 5 bed, 2 bath, built in 1987), pond and small apple orchard. Great opportunity to own your own business! $299,000. For more information, email Joy at email@example.com.
2/11/15 – Artisan Cheesemaker, England
Experienced, artisan cheesemaker wanted for Daylesford Organic in the heart of the Cotswolds, England. Would suit an enthusiastic cheesemaker who is able to lead a small team and be pro-active. Good package available with a two-bedroom cottage in the village available if necessary. Please contact Michael Rolfe on +447961 259283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about Daylesford Organic, please visit our web site www.daylesford.com
1/22/15 – Do You Love Cheese
Are you a matchmaker? We are a cheese Distributor looking for a good person who has worked with cheese (retail is exceptional training) and loves to build sales of Artisan Cheese and all things that pair well!
Job Description: Inside Sales
Title: Wholesale Cheese Sales Representative
Based at: Tomales Bay Foods, Petaluma California
We are looking for a motivated and organized individual who eats great cheese and has what it takes to sell it. We service customers nationally including fabulous chefs and restaurants, cutting-edge retailers, wineries and caterers. We offer small production artisan cheese and accompaniments with a focus on American Producers. Our goal is to build a sustainable future for artisan cheese makers and their community. This position requires extensive customer phone and email contact. Brimming enthusiasm is a plus.
- Matches the right cheese with the right customer!
- Builds long-term sales and customer loyalty.
- Provides knowledgeable, enthusiastic and efficient service.
- Works closely with sales and warehouse team with inherent accuracy and urgency.
- Upholds high standards of customer service through every encounter.
- Generates sales orders and invoices accurately and efficiently.
- Participates in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Professional communication
- Multi-tasking without sacrificing speed or accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Energetic and efficient
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven
- Experience with Microsoft Office and competent in PC use
- QuickBooks experience
- Experience in pairing cheese with beer and wine
- Experience in selling cheese
- Cooperative team player
- Fluent in English
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Physical Requirements of the job:
- Working both in office at desk (75%) and warehouse-on your feet (25%)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in 41 degree walk in for short periods of time
- Ability to move quickly in crowded environment
- Ability to use computer keyboard and phones for 6+ hrs. day
- The ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have great customer service, a sense of humor and appreciate success through teamwork.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Please respond by EMAIL ONLY, with everything embedded in the email or attached as a PDF with TOMALES BAY FOOD CHEESE SALES in the subject line to Debra Dickerson at email@example.com. Please include cover letter, resume and 2 references.
Compensation: $15.00-$22.00/HR; Benefits: Health + Dental insurance; 401K, Paid Time Off; Employee Discounts; Participating in a socially and environmentally conscious company committed to sustainable agriculture and organic production.