American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-2788.
7/24 – 8/24: Cheese Making Internship Available
Nettle Meadow is an award winning artisan cheese company in the Adirondack foothills near Lake George. We are looking for a three-month intern interested in learning every aspect of cheesemaking for the following time periods:
- September 1, 2016 – November 30, 2016
- December 1, 2016 – February 28, 2017
- March 1 – May 31, 2017
This is a fabulous educational opportunity for anyone considering working in any aspect of the cheese world.
- Learning to make a variety of our cheeses
- Hand packing and packaging cheese
- Helping to care for cheese in our underground cheese caves and maintaining an optimum environment;
- Helping prepare cheese for sale;
- Selling cheese in our on-farm shop and at special events
- Helping to clean up after cheese making.
- Dishwashing and maintaining a clean environment pursuant to Food Safety Modernization Act standards, Intern should be hard-working, eager to learn and must work well with others and independently. This is a physical job – you must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and spend all day on your feet in a fast-paced environment, and be able to work in cool damp aging caves for long periods of time. Strict attention to detail is a must! Shifts start very early so early risers are particularly encouraged to apply.
We offer excellent first-hand experience, an opportunity to work with a dedicated group of people on a highly regarded farm making a wide range of wildly popular hand-crafted cheeses. You will also be exposed to all aspects of running a dairy farm and cheese business for a well-rounded educational experience.
Compensation: Housing, electricity, garbage, wifi in a lovely secluded A-Frame and an internship stipend dependent on experience.
Please email email@example.com for more information and to tell us about your interests and qualifications.
7/23 – 8/23: Cheesemonger
Niemann Foods Inc. (NFI) proudly announces the introduction of an entirely new grocery store experience to the Champaign-Urbana, Illinois market: Harvest Market.
NFI, based in Quincy, Illinois, has been in the grocery store industry for nearly 100 years, and in that time, we have constantly been adapting to evolving tastes, new customer habits and the changing food culture around us. It is time to set a new standard for grocery stores and that’s why NFI has launched the Harvest Market brand. Shopping Harvest Market will be more relevant, engaging and exciting than the average shopping experience.
Cheese Monger SUMMARY
To prepare, display and promote cheese items. Emphasis in this position is to consistently service customers, prepare and display, and promote cheese products for maximum daily sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes Genuine Customer Care 100% of the time
- The expert in cheese, cheese pairings and cheese accoutrements
- Educate shopper on the cheese attributes & uses
- Understand the shopper’s cheese application and help them determine the best option for their needs
- Prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in the cheese department
- Manage inventory dollars
- Work with internal culinary departments to utilize cheese in other end products
- Maintains NFI Sanitation and refrigeration standards, adhere to all state, local and federal health department regulations
- Maintains detailed records on product and freshness.
- Ensure product is properly stores and handled for optimal shelf life and product quality
- Maintains ordering and receiving standards by communication and follow through with Executive Chef
- Promote and encourage sales culture
Compensation will be based on experience. FT, Hourly position with benefits that include annual wage and performance reviews, medical, dental, prescription and life insurance, paid holidays, vacations and PTO. We are an Associate owned company with a retirement plan that includes Profit Sharing and 401K
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
7/21 – 8/21: Cheese Press-Four Stamp Mechanical
Excellent Condition. Purchased new from C’Vant. Stainless Steel, complete with 12 weights and 12 stainless press boards
7/7 – 8/7: Affineur + Assistant Cheesemaker
The Grey Barn and Farm is a 100 acre certified organic 100% grass-fed dairy and farm located on Martha’s Vineyard. We are committed to sustainability for the land and our community and hope that any individual applying for this position has the same aspirations.
We are looking for an Affineur to round out our creamery team. This person will focus on the aging, packaging and sales of our cheeses, while also cross-training as assistant to cheesemaker on production days.
- Care for aging cheeses, in cooperation with cheesemaker.
- Monitor inventory, anticipate shortages and plentitudes.
- Wrap cheese when ready; pack orders for sale.
- Maintain QA/QC and food safety programs, in cooperation with cheesemaker.
- Assist cheesemaker in production 3 days/week. Gain ability to make independently when lead cheesemaker is off.
- 1+ years experience working with cheese
- Professional attitude.
- Ability to work independently at times, collaboratively at times.
A great opportunity for someone looking to grow a career in all aspects of cheese, from production to marketing.
This is a full time, year-round, salaried position. Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
Please send resume + letter of interest to: email@example.com./
7/7 – 8/7: Wholesale Sales Associate
DO YOU LOVE CHEESE?
Are you a matchmaker? We are a cheese distributor looking for an experienced team member who will help us build sales of artisan cheese and all good things that pair well! Compensation: Based on Experience. Come Sell Great Cheese with us in Petaluma, CA.
Job Description: Inside Artisan Cheese Sales
Title: Wholesale Cheese Sales Representative
Based at: Tomales Bay Foods, Petaluma California
We are looking for a motivated, enthusiastic and organized individual who loves great cheese and has what it takes to sell it well. We service customers nationally including fabulous chefs and restaurants, cutting-edge retailers, wineries and caterers. We offer small production artisan cheese and accoutrements with a focus on American producers. Our goal is to build a sustainable future for artisan cheese makers and their public. This position requires extensive customer phone and email contact. Brimming enthusiasm is a plus.
- Matching the right cheese with the right customer
- Building long-term sales and customer loyalty
- Providing knowledgeable, enthusiastic and efficient service
- Upholding high standards of customer service through every encounter; including recommendations, awareness of variations in seasonal flavors and background information about cheese.
- Generating sales orders and invoices accurately and efficiently.
- Working closely with sales and warehouse team while demonstrating an inherent sense of urgency and accuracy
- Experience in selling cheese
- Professional communication
- Ability to multi-task without sacrificing speed or accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exuberance, energy and efficiency
- Attention to detail and completion of tasks
- Experience with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office
- Experience in pairing cheese with beer and wine
- A cooperative spirit
- Fluency in English
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Working both in office at desk (75%) and warehouse-on your feet (25%)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in 41 degree walk in for short periods of time
- Ability to move quickly in crowded environment
- Ability to use computer keyboard and phones for 6+ hrs day
The hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm. Please respond with an appropriate cover letter, resume and references. The ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have great customer service, a sense of humor and appreciate success through teamwork. Respond by EMAIL ONLY to firstname.lastname@example.org, with everything embedded in the email or attached as a PDF with TOMALES BAY FOOD CHEESE SALES in the subject line.
- Benefits: Health + Dental insurance
- 401K, Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Participating in a forward thinking, socially and environmentally conscious company committed to sustainable agriculture and organic production.
7/5 – 9/5: Farmstead Creamery Cheese Maker/Manager/Marketer
Brand new seasonal creamery at North Branch LLC in Monroe, ME needs a cheesemaker/manager/marker. We are currently set up to produce hard, cave-aged cheeses for local and mail-order wholesale from our grass-fed herd of 11 and growing cows.
We are looking for someone with at least moderate cheesemaking experience, with a possibility for some onsite training.
Depending on experience, starting out hourly, moving towards commision. Housing could be part of compensation.
Less than full-time, 25-30hrs during milking season (april thru November) less during the off season. Possibility of other farm work to bring up to full time if mutually beneficial
North Branch Farm
122 Stream Rd
Monroe, ME 04951
6/30 – 7/30: Import Sales Manager
Looking for an Import Sales Manager, based in New York City, willing to travel (50%) and who will manage, develop and lead sales activities of our existing and vibrant network of importers, distributors and retailers throughout the US.; identify and develop new opportunities to market the diverse new products our worldwide acquisitions bring.
- The #1 dairy company in the world
- The 15th largest food processing manufacturer in the world
- Europe’s leading milk collector
- 75,000 employees worldwide
- Over 200 production sites
- Key brands: Président®, Galbani®, Parmalat® Société Roquefort.
Lactalis Deli is a US subsidiary of Groupe Lactalis, dedicated to the manufacturing, import, export and marketing of specialty cheeses in the US, Canada, and Latin America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage sales activities to reach territory’s annual sales volumes and contribution levels targets at our importers/distributors and retailers during national trade shows, customer food shows and sales calls.
- Develop sales for Lactalis new synergies following our group acquisitions worldwide and find new channels to sell those products in the US. Products will be coming from Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania and South America. Products will be cheese but also dairy products as well as other businesses.
- Cultivate trust and nurture long-term business relationships with key decision makers (often buyers; merchandising directors; company owners) to engage and seize opportunities with our stakeholders (importers/distributors; retailers).
- Look out for business opportunities (market trends, new products, industry happenings/mergers…) to helps us adapt our product portfolio with our marketing team support.
- Collaborate with entire Import division team (Director of Sales – Import division, and customer service) to prepare and roll out new price lists to customers in a timely and strategic manner.
MARKETING BUDGETS/PROMOTIONAL TOOLS:
- Support partners (importers/distributors and retailers) with tailored and pre-negotiated annual marketing budgets & programs (features/ads, bill-backs, contests, trainings, trips to France…)
- Control marketing budget expenditures and implement rules and guidelines to avoid negative balances and deductions.
- Maintain a positive balance of payments to reduce AP/AR risks and disruptions.
- Provide world-class customer service when solving product quality issues and credit claims with plants or any other third party involved.
- Communicate frequently with Sales Director to share sensitive market information (trends, industry mergers, competitive prices and promos) and personal initiatives for immediate feedback and adjustments.
- Report weekly and monthly actions to hierarchy and team.
- Work on synergies (meetings, sales calls, customer information sharing, field information…) to boost successes across Lactalis American Group business units.
- Frequently interact with France, Spain and other countries where Lactalis is present to provide broader scope of our activities to our plants and export directors and fight lack of market visibility and understanding on their side.
- Be a reliable resource to the import team and other Lactalis peers anytime they need help or guidance to succeed in reaching or exceeding their goals with the group.
Education and/or Experience – Incumbent will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in international business from a four-year college or university. Successful previous commercial experience (5 to 10 years) in the specialty gourmet food business, ideally in a cheese company.
Mathematical Skills – Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as exchange rates, discounts, interests, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volumes. Capacity to quickly convert prices from Euro/Kilo to USD/Lbs
- Passionate about food / cheese business.
- Working knowledge of US retailers.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with demonstrated capacity to communicate and work effectively across functional groups.
- Aptitude to think strategically and translate strategy into operational tactics.
- Good project management and presentation skills; strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Decision-making oriented & able to quickly react to changing environment, dealing with complex situations.
- Bilingual French-English.
To apply, please email us at email@example.com
6/20 – 9/20: Cheesemonger
Caputo Cheese Market, with locations in Melrose Park and Lake Forest, IL. is seeking all levels of cheesemongers to join our team. Caputo Cheese Market offers over 1000 cheeses to consumers as well as a full deli, bakery, grocery and meat department. Caputo Cheese Market is open to the public 7 days a week. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers, engage customers, provide highest level of customer service.
- Stock grocery shelves.
- Cut, wrap and price cheese.
- Slice, package and price deli meats.
- Prepare various deli salads and sandwiches.
- Check code dates on products. Rotate products to ensure a fresh display by removing out-of-date products.
- Prepare and serve restaurant and cafe food and drink such as sandwiches, coffee, tea, baked goods, etc.
- Cleaning and sanitizing deli cases as well as retail floor. Sweeping, mopping, cleaning or clearing of tables. Garbage removal.
- Sample product. Highlight, display and merchandise cheese products.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all Grocery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Caputo Cheese Market team member must be at least 17 years old and have good communication skills. In a fast paced environment, each team member must be willing to engage multiple customers and transition to multiple departments at all times. Team members sometimes are required to lift boxes that could weigh up to 50 lbs. Be punctual and be willing to work.
Starting hourly pay at $15/hr. Advancement to management level is available and expected.
Contact Morgan LaPorte, Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/20 – 8/20: Cheesemaker Wanted
Since 1996 Samish Bay Cheese has been making organic farmstead cheese at our dairy farm in Bow, Washington. We make Goudas, Cheddars, and a unique selection of fresh cheeses, including our ACS award winning Ladysmith, from our small herd of Milking Shorthorn cows. We also make yogurt and kefir, raise pigs and sell beef and pork. We sell on site, at farmer’s markets, and wholesale in the Northwest.
Now just having moved into a new 3000 sq. ft. state of the art production and aging facility on the farm, we are seeking new talent to help us take our operation to a new level. We are hiring for two positions: an experienced Cheesemaker and a Production Assistant/Trainee.
Compensation depends on experience and includes a medical plan after two months and paid vacation after one year.
Applicants should have a strong sense of sanitation and good manufacturing practices and be dedicated to high quality standards.
Applications can be found on our website: www.samishbay.com/jobs or email email@example.com or call Roger Wechsler at 360-766-6707.
5/10 – 8/10: Multiple Openings in Rwanda – Masaka Co.
Masaka Creamery (formerly ACCE Rwanda) is a dairy processing company based in Kigali, Rwanda, with a vision to “pioneer breakthrough of barriers limiting development of dairy in Rwanda, produce high quality products and provide leadership and inspiration to the sector, while directly and positively impacting the poor.” Launched in response to a dairy sector defined by poor quality products and processes, Masaka Creamery will serve consumers, suppliers, the sector and the poor through the delivery of quality products and services that address key market and development gaps.
We have multiple opportunities available to interested and qualified candidates. Please follow the links below to access more details and application instructions for each open position.
General/Technical Manager – opportunity for dairy professional with min 8-12 years production and business management experience to provide ongoing support in business management, marketing, QA, product development, and direct production at an top-management level.
Technical Advisor Fellowship (6-12 months, extendable) – opportunity for an early-career dairy professional to provide support in QA, product development, standards implementation and direct production at an advisory support level.
Other short-term opportunities (2 weeks – 3 months) – opportunities for dairy professionals with specific skill sets to provide intensive support in areas relating to product development, standards implementation, and other training.
If you are interested in one of these opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request full job details and application instructions.