The American Cheese Society offers two industry certifications: ACS Certified Cheese Professional® (ACS CCP®) and ACS Certified Cheese Sensory Evaluator® (ACS CCSE®). To obtain these certifications, eligibility criteria must be met and an exam must be passed.
Benefits of ACS Certifications
- Formally recognizes professional achievement at a national level
- Demonstrates cheese-related knowledge and skills to staff, peers, managers, and the public
- Exemplifies proven knowledge of various domains in the cheese industry
- Shows commitment to the highest levels of professionalism and care
- Opens career options for cheese professionals
- Elevates self-esteem and pride in one’s work
- Improves credibility with employers and the general public
- An online directory of ACS Certified Industry Professionals® is available online for reference by organizations and individuals seeking employees, giving ACS CCPs® and ACS CCSEs®, and their employers, a competitive edge.
The ACS Certified Cheese Professional® Exam (ACS CCP® Exam) offers professionals in the cheese industry the opportunity to earn the distinguished title of ACS Certified Cheese Professional® or ACS CCP®. The letters ACS CCP® designate that an individual has demonstrated the knowledge and competencies necessary to work effectively within all domains of the cheese industry, and is dedicated to continuing their professional development.
An ACS Certified Cheese Sensory Evaluator® (CCSE®) has successfully passed the ACS T.A.S.T.E. Test®, thus demonstrating the ability to evaluate cheese using sensory and organoleptic assessments. The ACS CCSE® certification is a mark of excellence and achievement that reflects a commitment to the best possible care for cheese and service to those who love it.
Use of the Terms “Certified Cheese Professional®” and “Certified Cheese Sensory Evaluator®”
Individuals who pass the ACS CCP® Exam may use the title “ACS Certified Cheese Professional®” (ACS CCP®™), and individuals who pass the ACS T.A.S.T.E. Test® may use the title “ACS Certified Cheese Sensory Evaluator®” (ACS CCSE®) in official correspondence and in all forms of address, including on letterhead and business cards. Use of the titles by persons who have not passed the ACS CCP® Exam or T.A.S.T.E. Test® is prohibited. Businesses may claim “Certified Cheese Professionals® On Staff” if at least one member of active staff holds a certification in good and current standing. Note: CCP® is also a designation used by the IACP for Certified Culinary Professionals; CCP® is a common abbreviation used by numerous certification programs. For clarity’s sake, we recommend that you use the full designation: ACS Certified Cheese Professional®, or ACS CCP®. For more information about the use of ACS names, see our complete Privacy & Terms