In response to COVID-19, and to help promote industry events and awareness, we’ve temporarily waived the membership requirement to post events to our industry Event Calendar.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR EVENTS TO THE INDUSTRY EVENT CALENDAR!
- This event has passed.
Theory & Practice of Italian Cheese
August 26, 2021 - August 30, 2021
• Spend time in the diaries of five Tuscan artisan cheesemakers who have been making cheese all their lives and form part of a tradition handed down through generations
• Three types of milk: cow, sheep, goat
• Types of cheese: pecorino, hard & soft cow’s milk, hard & soft goat’s milk
• Ricotta (not cheese) made from the whey of each type of milk
• Dairies range from one-pot on gas ring on the floor to small mechanised
• Theory taught by Maria Sarnataro, instructor for Italian National Cheese Tasters
• Dinner in private homes
• Course extension (2 days following each course): visit parmigiano reggiano family dairy
• Course suitable for cheesemakers, cheese vendors, dairy animal farmers, chefs and amateurs who want to make cheese
• Maximum course size: 6 people
• Fee of 1495 Euros includes 5-day course, course booklet, course certificate, ground transport, accommodation, meals