If you are shipping food products to be used at conference for any event, ACS requires that you complete the Product Information Form. This does NOT include SWAG bag items. If you were approved to submit a SWAG bag item, you will receive a separate e-mail with shipping instructions. Contact Us if you need those instructions provided.
Deadlines for filling out the Product Information Form:
June 28th – Product to be used during Tasting Sessions
June 28th – Product to be used during Sponsored Events or Meals
June 28th – Product to be shipped for Meet the Cheesemaker, Supporting Trade Tables, Networking Salons
To help ACS manage the large volume of shipments received at the conference, we require that all packages shipped have additional identifying information. Companies transporting product to the ACS Conference are required to complete the following:
1. Product Information Form
Fill out the Product Information Form as well as provide the following supporting shipping materials:
2. Packing Slips
Upon completion of the Product Information Form, you will receive an email confirmation of your submission. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please Contact Us. Print this form and save to use as a packing slip for your shipment. Your product will not be accepted if you do not include a packing slip. The packing slips help us ensure we have the details for every product we receive. It is recommended that you make a copy of your packing slip(s) for your own records. Please print this document on standard 8.5 x 11 copy paper.
3. Shipping Labels and Box Labels
If you are a Supporting Trade Table or Networking Salon company –
Create labels in the OneView online portal for all shipment of materials and products. OneView is your online portal with the official services contract for the ACS conference. Labels can be accessed from the Shipping and Material Handling dropdown in the center of your Dashboard.
If you are NOT a Supporting Trade Table or Networking Salon company –
Non-perishable items ONLY – use these package labels to ship to the Fern Advance Warehouse between June 15th – July 14th. If necessary, you may ship direct to the Show Site no earlier than Sunday, July 16th. On the labels, please make sure to denote what event(s) the item(s) are for.
Perishable items – use these packing labels. Items must be shipped directly to the Show Site for delivery no earlier than Monday, July 17th. On the labels, please make sure to denote what event(s) the item(s) are for. Meet the Cheesemaker and Meet the Cheesemaker – Marketplace Sponsors, please use this label for you perishable items.
If you are shipping a mixture of Perishable items AND Non-perishable items together – please use the Perishable items labels.
You must affix these labels to the outside of your package(s) to clearly identify your shipment. Please affix one label to the exterior of each box being shipped, making as many copies as necessary to ensure one label is affixed to each box. If you are not sure which label to use, please Contact Us.
4. Carrier Shipping Labels
Along with the above noted labels, you will need to affix to the package(s) the label of the carrier you plan to use (UPS, FedEx, etc.). Fern Transportation is the ACS carrier and can help if you need assistance. Please reach out to Jaime Huxford at [email protected].
If you are NOT a Supporting Trade Table or Networking Salon company – Your perishable products should be shipped to arrive at the Iowa Events Center on Monday, July 17th or Tuesday, July 18th. For deliveries on Wednesday or Thursday, they will need to be dealt with on an individual basis.
- Deliveries received prior to Monday, July 17th will be refused upon delivery and sent back.
- Keep your shipment tracking information on hand! Should there be any issue in receiving your shipment, you will be contacted by a representative of ACS.
- Be aware of when your cheese must arrive and when you need to ship to get it there on time and within an acceptable temperature range (32-45 degrees).
Receiving Day Schedule
- Shipments from Common, Private Carriers will be accepted between 10:00 am – 4:00 pm on July 17th and July 18th at an open Hy-Vee Hall loading bay, #s 2-5, accessible from 5th St. and Center. These will all be received by Fern Expo.
- Hand Deliveries will also deliver here during this time. This is an active loading and unloading zone only, no parking. You can relocate your vehicle to the Far North Lot located north of Veterans Auditorium. Ask for the ACS Receiving Manager to check your product in upon your arrival. A hand delivery is defined by anything that can be delivered by hand carrying or the use of a personal dolly to go to show floor. If a shipment needs a larger flat cart, forklift, pallet jack, or a loading dock to be delivered, it needs to be checked in by Fern Expo.
Where to Ship
Fern Advance Warehouse between June 15-July 14:
Attn: ACS Conference/(Your Company Name)
5570 NE 17th Street
Des Moines, IA 50313
Show Site no earlier than July 16:
Attn: ACS Conference/(Your Company Name)
730 3rd Street
Des Moines, IA 50309
If you are shipping product for a Sponsored Event or Meal –
- For any product that the catering team at the Iowa Events Center will be prepping and serving as a part of a meal function, you would get the product shipped to Dock B with Attention to OVG Hospitality with the ACS Annual Conference name on it and a note stating “freezer” or “cooler”. All shipments are to arrive on July 14th, July 17th, or July 18th by 5:00PM. We cannot guarantee the acceptance of shipments scheduled to arrive before July 14th.
- NOTE: All perishable items must be received within proper holding temperatures. OVG Hospitality/Iowa Events Center reserves the right to refuse product should it not be within proper temperature.
- Deliveries to the Iowa Events Center – Deliveries are accepted at Dock B on Friday, July 14th, Monday, July 17th, and Tuesday, July 18th between the hours of 8:00AM-5:00PM. It is located at the corner of 5th and Center Streets. If you need further assistance, please contact the Senior Catering Sales Manager, Calli Crew at 515-418-2629.
Iowa Events Center
Attn: OVG Hospitality/ACS Annual Conference – Freezer or Cooler
833 5th St.
Des Moines, IA 50309
Please see map below –