Highest Standard for Cheese Professionals The ACS Certified Cheese Professional® Exam (ACS CCP® Exam) – the only exam of its kind – encourages improved standards of comprehensive cheese knowledge and service, offering professionals in the cheese industry the opportunity to earn the distinguished title of ACS Certified Cheese Professional®, or ACS CCP®. The letters ACS CCP designate that an individual has acquired thorough knowledge and the level of expertise that is demanded within the cheese industry. An online directory of individuals with the ACS CCP designation is available for reference by organizations and individuals seeking employees, giving ACS CCPs and their employers a strong competitive edge.
The application period for the July 26, 2017 Certified Cheese Professional(r) (ACS CCP(r)) Exam is now open! Applications will be accepted through March 31, 2017.
- Carefully read the Certification Handbook.
- Apply to take the exam via the link provided in the Certification Handbook. Each application will be carefully reviewed to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria. Read more about the Application Review Process.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to register for the exam.
Candidates will have a maximum of 3 hours to answer 150 multiple choice questions. The exam measures candidates’ mastery of cheese knowledge and best practices, and evaluates candidates’ understanding of core competencies common to the majority of cheese industry jobs: retailers, cheesemongers, cheesemakers, distributors, importers/exporters, restaurateurs, educators, and food writers. Exam content is developed from domains within the ACS Body of Knowledge.
- Application Processing Fee (see step #2 above): $35
- Exam Registration Fee (see step #3 above): $500 for ACS members / $650 for non-members*
- Has your application been accepted? Please remember to log in to our website if you haven’t already done so, and then pay your Exam Registration Fee.
- If you request a deferral after the last date to defer, you will incur a $150 late deferral fee. For the 2017 Denver exam the last day to defer is June 1st, 2017.
*All fees are non-refundable. If you would like to become an ACS member to enjoy the lower exam registration fee, visit our Membership page or call 720-328-2788.
The next exam date is:
- July 26, 2017 in Denver, CO
A committee consisting of ACS staff and cheese industry leaders reviews all applications for certification. The American Cheese Society is responsible for administering the exam.
ACS CCPs will be required to renew their certification with ACS every 3 years by demonstrating continued professional development in the cheese industry. The application for recertification will go live on July 27, 2017. If you are an ACS CCP from the 2014 class, please download and carefully review the Recertification Criteria. Applications for recertification can be found at http://www.cheesesociety.org/recertification starting on July 27, 2017. Click on the right box that says “ACS Certified Cheese Professional- Start your Recertification Application” then follow the directions.