Highest Standard for Cheese Professionals The Certified Cheese Professional™ Exam (CCPE) – the only exam of its kind – was established to encourage improved standards of comprehensive cheese knowledge and service, offering professionals in the cheese industry the opportunity to earn the distinguished title of ACS Certified Cheese Professional™, or ACS CCP™. The letters ACS CCP™ designate that an individual has acquired thorough knowledge and the level of expertise that is demanded within the cheese industry. An online directory of individuals with the ACS CCP™ designation is available for reference by organizations and individuals seeking employees, giving ACS CCP™s and their employers a strong competitive edge.
Apply for the Certified Cheese Professional™ Exam Applications for the San Francisco exam will be accepted from August 1, 2015 until November 31, 2015. Applications for the Des Moines exam will be accepted from January 1, 2016 until March 31, 2015. Next exam dates:
- January 16, 2016 in San Francisco, CA
- July 27, 2016 in Des Moines, IA
Information about the exam:
- Carefully read the Certification Handbook.
- Apply to take the exam via the link provided in the Certification Handbook. Each application will be carefully reviewed to ensure that candidates meet the eligibility criteria. Read more about the Application Review Process.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria will be invited to register for the exam.
About the Exam The CCPE is given electronically. Candidates will have a maximum of 3 hours to answer 150 multiple choice questions. The exam measures candidates’ mastery of cheese knowledge and best practices, and evaluates candidates’ understanding of core competencies common to the majority of cheese industry jobs: retailers, cheesemongers, cheesemakers, distributors, importers/exporters, restaurateurs, educators, and food writers. Exam content is developed from domains within the ACS Body of Knowledge. Exam Eligibility Criteria All candidates must meet the CCPE eligibility criteria before applying to take the exam. Find out more about the Application Review Process. Exam Fees*
- Application Processing Fee (see step #2 above): $35
- Exam Registration Fee (see step #3 above): $500 for ACS members / $650 for non-members*
- Has your application been accepted? Please remember to log in to our website if you haven’t already done so, and then pay your Exam Registration Fee.
*All fees are non-refundable. If you would like to become an ACS member to enjoy the lower exam registration fee, visit our Membership page or call 720-328-2788. 2015 Exam Details The next exam will be administered in Providence, Rhode Island on July 29, 2015, immediately prior to the Annual ACS Conference & Competition. On May 6th, 2015, ACS offered an informational webinar for exam-takers with important information about the exam. View the webinar below. Exam Administration & Oversight A committee consisting of ACS staff and cheese industry leaders reviews all applications for certification. The American Cheese Society is responsible for administering the exam. Recertification ACS CCP™s will be required to renew their certification with ACS every 3 years by demonstrating continued professional development in the cheese industry. If you are an ACS CCP, please download and carefully review the Recertification Criteria.