Each year, the American Cheese Society, in conjunction with the American Cheese Education Foundation and the John Crompton Memorial Scholarship Fund, awards full and partial scholarships to cheesemakers, retailers, students, and local chefs to attend the Annual ACS Conference and Competition.
Full scholarship recipients receive four nights’ hotel accommodation in the conference host city, up to $600 toward travel expenses (reimbursed upon submission of a post-conference essay), and a complimentary conference registration. Partial Scholarship Recipients receive a complimentary conference registration.
If you would like to contribute to the ACS scholarship fund, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to the nonprofit American Cheese Education Foundation.
Click on each scholarship recipient’s name below for a downloadable PDF of their post-conference essay, and get inspired by their experiences!
- Jessica Affatato, Harbor Cheese Company
- Gigi Berardi, Western Washington University
- Dani D’Antonio, Praire Fruits Farm and Creamery
- Sam Frank, Crown Finish Caves
- Tim Johnstone, Capriole Goat Cheese
- Jessica Keahey, Sweet Freedom Creamery
- Marge Porter, Whole Foods Market
- David Rice, Clover Creek Cheese Cellar, LLC
- Rosalie Shestak, Whole Foods Market
- Sabrina St. Martin, Naked Cow Dairy Farm & Creamery
- Agela Abdullah, Monadnuck Food Co-op
- Emily Acosta, Eataly
- Stefanie Angstadt, Valley Milkhouse Creamery
- Stephanie Box, Chatham University
- Elsie Gawler, North Branch Farm
- Devin Lamma, Whole Foods Market
- Marie Ann Limoges, University of Vermont
- Julia Lowry, Cowgirl Creamery
- Lesley Million, Terrell Creek Farm
- Rosy Neale, Monforte Dairy Co.
- Magdalena Polak, The Cheese Shop
- Teresa St. Peter, New World Cheese