Tuesday, July 29 – Friday, August 1, 2014
Sacramento Convention Center
The ACS community recently gathered in Sacramento for ACS 2014: Celebrating the American Cheese Plate! Sacramento holds the title of “Farm to Fork Capital” of the United States. As a central location for the state’s agriculture and food production, the city was in a unique position to celebrate the incredible bounty of a vast variety of specialty foods and beverages — including produce, wine, craft beer, and cheese, all produced in or near the central valley of California.
The 2014 ACS Conference enhanced the idea of local, to reflect the excitement and growth of the artisan and specialty cheese community throughout North America. Just as a good cheese plate brings together a variety of tastes, textures, and experiences, so too did the ACS Conference. Nearly 1,000 industry leaders came together in Sacramento to celebrate, collaborate, learn from one another, and sample great products.
- Opening celebration in Sacramento’s historic Memorial Auditorium
- Poolside reception for new ACS members and first-time conference attendees
- Educational sessions tailored to all industry segments and experience levels
- Keynote by California culinary trailblazers Darrell Corti and Narsai David
- Meet the Cheesemaker featuring 70+ producers
- Awards Ceremony recognizing the top cheeses and cultured products of 2014
- Festival of Cheese featuring 1,700+ competition cheeses and gourmet foods
- Pub Crawl and Dine-Around pairing Sacramento chefs, brewers, and restaurateurs with American cheesemakers for unique dining and networking experiences