ACS is the leader in promoting and supporting American cheeses.
ACS provides the cheese community with educational resources and networking opportunities, while encouraging the highest standards of cheesemaking focused on safety and sustainability.
Engagement: Support, promote, connect, and represent cheesemakers to the broader community and industry.
Education: Create and provide access to resources, programs, and education for our evolving industry.
Sustainability: Commit to a holistic approach to sustainability ensuring long-term physical and financial viability, so members survive and thrive.
Membership in the American Cheese Society is available to anyone involved in the trade or simply passionate about American-made specialty and artisanal cheeses.
Membership in ACS is constantly growing, with memberships available at the Associate, Individual, Small Business, and Corporate levels. ACS members identify themselves according to the following professional demographic:
- 38% Cheesemakers/Buttermakers
- 20% Retailers
- 15% Distributors/Brokers
- 4% Advisors/Academics/Students
- 4% Enthusiasts, who are mainly consumers
- 3% Trade Equipment Suppliers
- 2% Cheese Guilds/Supporting Organizations
- 2% Press/Writers/Public Relations
- 1% Government Agencies
- 1% Restaurants/Food Service/Chefs
- 1% Specialty Food Producers
- 1% Dairy Suppliers
- 3% Other