The ACS Conference & Competition takes place with the support of hundreds of volunteers who contribute their time to help make our events successful. A key member of our volunteer team is the Receiving Manager, who ensures that all products for the Conference are received, catalogued, organized, and accounted for.
The Receiving Manager is responsible for:
• Checking-in and monitoring the movement of hundreds of cheeses, specialty foods, and dry goods for Conference sessions, meals, and special events.
• Ensuring products are received, handled, and stored according to ACS procedures – including ensuring that perishable products remain within safe temperature ranges throughout the Conference.
• Following up with producers via phone or email regarding damaged, out of temperature, or missing items.
• Maintaining meticulous lists and records for products and supplies that are checked-in and checked-out.
The Receiving Manager should possess:
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Proficiency in Google Docs and Microsoft Office
• Strong customer service skills
• Ability to work with many different volunteers and teams
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Catering/Back of the house food service experience preferred
• Knowledge of food safety or ServSafe training preferred
• Experience with large events preferred
May to July (before the Conference): 2-4 hours per month
The pre-Conference work will include but is not limited to:
- Attending conference calls with ACS staff and the Conference planning team, including the Official Conference Cheesemongers
- Reviewing Conference product documentation/lists in preparation for on-site receiving
The Receiving Manager must be available to participate in the set-up and execution of the Conference product receiving day, and to remain onsite for the duration of the Conference. The total time commitment is approximately 10 days. During the Conference, the Receiving Manager will work closely with the Official Conference Cheesemongers, ACS staff, and key volunteers on-site, behind the scenes. This position may require extended hours on-site; some days may average 12 hours or more.
- Travel to/from Host City
- Lodging for the duration of the Conference
- Opportunity to attend Conference sessions and events whenever job duties allow
- A personalized embroidered ACS chef coat
If you are interested in the Receiving Manager position, please contact ACS to learn more!
Past ACS Receiving Managers
- 2018 – Ryan Foote, ACS CCP