The Cheese Plant Manager is responsible for all cheese and SHD plant operations to efficiently produce specified quality and quantity of products and meet all process and customer quality specifications. Must have a strong technical knowledge to understand and troubleshoot all process and equipment related issues. Full plant understanding is required to serve in the manufacturing coverage and on-call rotation.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
List of duties include:
- Supervision and Performance Management – Develop departmental structure, assign responsibilities and schedule, delegate authority, hire, train and develop employees
- Cheese Plant Operation – Planning and manufacture of cheese to meet or exceed established operational targets; milk storage and production scheduling - a collaborative effort with the Production Manager
- Product Quality – Ensure manufactured products meet customer compositional and microbial standards, work in collaboration with the Quality Assurance Team to ensure process quality and cheese compositional targets are met; troubleshoot and resolve any customer quality issues
- Cleaning and Sanitation – Monitor performance and adhere to the cleaning and sanitation protocols; collaborate with QA to establish cleaning and sanitation protocols
- Process Improvement – Improve product quality and yield performance though continual process improvement efforts
- Purchasing – Manage purchasing and inventory of all cheese/plant supplies and material at the most favorable cost consistent with quality standards and production schedule needs
- Safety – Ensure safety policies and procedures are strictly followed and enforced; work closely with Safety Coordinator to develop and modify safety procedures for production operation
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Food Manufacturing - dairy plant preferred
- 5 years of experience in managing plant operations in food manufacturing, including managing & supervising teams
- Significant knowledge of cheese manufacturing processes experience is highly desired.
- Strong experience and knowledge base to identify and solve potential problem areas in operations, quality, financial, and regulatory compliance to minimize risk to the organization.
- Proficiency in operational finances, capital expenditures, and industry standards.
- Ability to interact with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to assess issues, make quick decisions, implement solutions, and influence change.
- Strong project management skills to include capable presentation experience.
- Working proficiency level of knowledge of food certification programs
Desired Licensing or Certification
- Master Cheesemaker preferred
How to Apply
Please send resume to: [email protected]