American Cheese Month
This American Cheese Month and all year, we’re asking you for help in boosting American cheese sales by promoting artisan cheese to the public. Our cheese community needs us now more than ever. Let’s get as much cheese into consumers hands as possible! There are a few easy steps you can take to help in this effort:
- Use the graphics, social media copy, and materials we’ve created for you here to help inform consumers online and in-store about buying cheese.
- Follow the American Cheese Education (ACE) Foundation on Facebook and Instagram for easy, shareable content to repost.
- Let us know what you’re doing for American Cheese Month. We’ll share your posts as much as possible!
- Tag the ACE Foundation (Facebook: @americancheeseeducationfoundation, Instagram: @cheeseeducationfoundation).
- Use the hashtags #americancheesemonth, #buyamericancheese, and #victorycheese.
Download all the social media and email graphics, as well as suggested social media copy here.
If you have questions or need an invoice before donating, please contact us.
What is American Cheese Month?
In 2019, The American Cheese Education Foundation (ACEF) Board of Directors voted to move American Cheese Month from October to May to better support the needs of cheesemakers and retailers.
American Cheese Month is a grassroots celebration of North America’s delicious and diverse cheeses, and the farmers, cheesemakers, retailers, cheesemongers, and chefs who bring them to your table. Each American Cheese Month, we aim to:
- Recognize and raise awareness of the quality and diversity of American cheeses
- Support and promote great cheese, local foods, family farms, traditional methods, and sustainable production models
- Generate funding for the nonprofit ACEF
Planning an Event?
American Cheese Month events are planned and led by anyone who loves great cheese, from cheese professionals to cheese enthusiasts, and events take place around the country, and sometimes internationally. While ACS does not organize individual events, we celebrate and promote them on our website. We encourage you to get creative! If you hold an event, please consider donating a portion of proceeds to ACEF. Your donation helps to support critical industry research, education, and scholarships. Post your Event on our calendar!
American Cheese Month Proclamation
Has a proclamation been issued in your city or state? We’d love to know! Contact us with a copy to share via social media in May.
Thank You to Our Generous 2020 American Cheese Month Participants:
Allium Market and Café
Aniata Cheese Company
Antonelli’s Cheese Shop
Di Bruno Bros.
Fairfield and Greenwich Cheese Company
Jasper Hill Farm
Meat & Cheese
Mill City Cheesemongers
Orrman’s Cheese Shop
Second Mouse Cheese
Talbott & Arding
The Cheese School of San Francisco
The Cheese Traveler
The Fox and The Crow
Uplands Cheese Company
Whole Foods Market
World’s Best Cheese