In response to COVID-19, and to help promote industry events and awareness, we’ve temporarily waived the membership requirement to post events to our industry Event Calendar. Submit your events to the Event Calendar!
- This event has passed.
Theory and Practice of Italian Cheese
April 25 - April 29$1550
• Spend time in the diaries of five Tuscan artisan cheesemakers who have been making cheese all their lives and form part of a tradition handed down through generations
• Three types of milk: cow, sheep, goat
• Types of cheese: pecorino, hard & soft cow’s milk, hard & soft goat’s milk
• Ricotta (not cheese) made from the whey of each type of milk
• Dairies range from one-pot on gas ring on the floor to small mechanised
• Theory taught by Maria Sarnataro, instructor for Italian National Cheese Tasters
• Dinner in private homes
• Course extension (2 days following each course): visit parmigiano reggiano family dairy
• Course suitable for cheesemakers, cheese vendors, dairy animal farmers, chefs and amateurs who want to make cheese
• Maximum course size: 6 people
• Fee of 1550 Euros includes 5-day course, course booklet, course certificate, ground transport, accommodation, meals