In response to COVID-19, and to help promote industry events and awareness, we’ve temporarily waived the membership requirement to post events to our industry Event Calendar.
CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR EVENTS TO THE INDUSTRY EVENT CALENDAR!
- This event has passed.
HACCP Plan Development for Food Processors
October 16, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:30 pm MDT
Discover the basic concepts of HACCP and how to develop a plan for your company
This three-day workshop will take you through the steps for writing and implementing an intelligent and effective HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) plan. Because you learn HACCP planning best by doing it, you will actually write a sample plan in class! Working in small groups, you’ll complete hands-on exercises covering how to:
- Conduct a hazard analysis of your food process, including proper flow charting.
- Determine the critical control points (CCPs) and understand the difference between a control point and a critical control point.
- Establish critical limits for each control point.
- Establish monitoring procedures and corrective actions.
- Establish verification procedures to ensure your HACCP system is working and validation procedures to ensure your food products are safe.
- Establish recordkeeping and documentation procedures.
- Plus, you will review examples of real HACCP plans and learn about common reasons why HACCP plans fail, so you can make sure your plan succeeds. HACCP plan implementation procedures, as well as problems you may face when implementing a HACCP plan and potential solutions for those issues, will also be covered.
Protect Your Business’s Reputation with an Effective HACCP Plan
No company can afford to have a sub-standard HACCP plan. By implementing a successful plan, your facility can avoid the costs and liability associated with food contamination. HACCP principles help your employees understand the reasons behind your food safety controls, making it easier for them to do their job. It also leads to faster, more thorough product inspections, helping your facility earn a reputation for effective food safety.
HACCP Plan Development Course Format
Donna Schaffner, a trained Lead Instructor with the International HACCP Alliance (IHA), will guide you through every step of the HACCP plan development process so you don’t get overwhelmed. In addition to lectures, this course will feature many opportunities for interaction and participation through group exercises, presentations, and discussions. Participants who successfully complete the program (including the final exam) will receive a certificate of completion affixed with the IHA seal.