Promote your event with ACS! If you are an ACS member, we invite you to post your events in our Industry Event Calendar, updated weekly. Submit your events to the Event Calendar!
- This event has passed.
Food Safety Plan Coaching Workshop
December 13, 2018 - December 14, 2018$49
• Description of the workshop: This coaching workshop is offered throughout the country and is intended for Artisan Cheese and Dairy Food Producers who are preparing to create, or are already developing, a Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) compliant, preventive control (PC)-based, food safety plan for their facility. The goal of this workshop is to provide Food Safety Plan review and coaching sessions that guide attendees through each step in development process. Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) lead trainers will be present to review key food safety plan topics and after each section participants will split into groups and develop those sections of their food safety plan with coaching from the trainers. Templates (digital and paper) will be provided to facilitate plan development; attendees are encouraged to bring their current or in-progress plans. Note: This course is NOT intended to provide PCQI certification, it is strongly recommended that attendees complete the Food Safety Preventive Controls Alliance (FSPCA) PCQI certification course or similar program before attending this workshop. Attendees are also encouraged to enroll and complete the Food Safety for Artisan/Farmstead Cheesemakers prior to taking this workshop. The link, along with a code, to this online training will be provided upon registration.
- Workshop is limited to the first 20 registrants. Additional registrants will be added to a wait list and additional workshops scheduled as needed to meet demand.
- PCQI certification is a recommended (but not required) prior to enrollment
- Attendees should bring a plan to develop. Multiple products may be grouped under a single plan; please work with the course instructor ([email protected] ) if you need assistance determining if products should be grouped or split.
- Attendees who wish to work on digital versions of their plans are encouraged to bring their own laptops. Please visit artisan-dairy-food-safety-coaching for future dates and locations
Who Should Attend: Artisan cheese and dairy food producers just starting off, those taking the next step in their Food Safety Plan Development, and those looking for a review of their current plans.
- The course runs from 8:30-4:30 both days.