The application period for the 2018 ACS T.A.S.T.E. Test™ is now closed!
Applications for the 2019 test in Richmond, VA will be accepted from January 4, 2019 to the end of the business day on April 30, 2019.
Applications are reviewed by ACS Staff and by the Certification Committee within thirty days of receipt of a completed application and application processing fee.
Acceptance/Denial of Application
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will send you an email notifying you of your acceptance. The confirmation letter will contain registration and payment instructions. If you have been confirmed as eligible, you must complete your registration with 60 days of your eligibility notification.
- If, upon review of your application, the ACS determines that you fail to meet the eligibility requirements at the time of application, we will notify you by email.
Eligibility Denial Appeal Process
- If you are denied eligibility to sit for the exam, you may appeal the decision to the ACS Certification Appeals Committee (a sub-committee of the Certification Committee).
- You must submit your appeal in writing to the Appeals Committee within 30 days of receipt of the non-eligibility correspondence from ACS.
- The Appeals Committee will convene within 30 days of receipt of the appeals request.
- We will email a notice of the Appeals Committee’s final decision to you within 10 days of the decision.
When enough candidates have registered for an exam to fill the available capacity, exam registration will close to new applicants. If a candidate desires to take the current year exam, a wait list is available on a first-come-first-served basis. The wait list relies on those candidates who chose to defer taking the exam, and fills the vacancy.
- Any person wishing to defer taking the exam must notify ACS at least 60 days before the date of the exam.
- ACS staff notifies the next person on the wait list.
- If the wait list candidate wants to take the exam, they must accept the offer to sit for the exam within 3 days of notification and pay for the exam fee within 7 days after accepting the offer to sit for the exam.
Requests to defer taking the 2018 T.A.S.T.E. Test™ in Pittsburgh must be received, in writing or via phone call, by June 1, 2018. Confirmation of postponement will be sent via email. People deferring may take the next available exam without having to re-apply; no additional application payment is required. Requests for deferrals after June 1st will incur a $125 fee.