Each year, the ACS Nominating Committee seeks nominations of cheese industry professionals to serve in leadership positions on the ACS Board of Directors. The number of slots available and category of nominees sought is announced each year in advance of the nominating period. Review the eligibility requirements here.
Now Accepting Nominations
Nominations for 2021 Board of Directors has closed. In 2021 the Nominating Committee is seeking to fill 3 positions in 2 categories:
1 PRODUCER MEMBER
The Producer category is for cheesemakers only—individuals and companies involved in the production of cheese and dairy products. Learn more.
2 TRADE AFFILIATE MEMBERS
The Trade Affiliate category is for individuals and companies involved in the distribution and marketing of cheese and/or cheese-related products—retailers, foodservice/restaurateurs, distributors, suppliers, writers/PR, educators, affineurs and technical members. Learn more.
ACS members with voting privileges will receive a ballot sent out in May of each year.
Election process & deadlines
Below are the key dates and activities that make up the election process.
- February: Call for Nominations announced in Weekly News Roundup and on the ACS website and social media channels
- March 14: Deadline for Nominations
- March: Nominating Committee contacts all nominees to explain next steps and conduct interviews
- April: Nominating Committee recommends slate of Candidates for Board approval
- April: Candidates must submit a photo, brief biography, and statement of intent to the ACS office
- May: ACS members with voting privileges will receive an online ballot, and will be asked to select candidates. (Note: additional reminders to vote will be sent to those who have not yet voted up until the deadline.)
- June 30th: Election closes, the candidate(s) who receive the most votes will be elected
- July 15th: Candidates will be notified of results within two weeks of close of elections
- At Annual ACS Conference: New Board members will be introduced at the ACS Business Meeting/Lunch at the Annual Conference