Each year, the ACS Nominating Committee seeks nominations of cheese industry professionals to serve in leadership positions on the ACS Board of Directors. The number of slots available and category of nominees sought is announced each year in advance of the nominating period.
Submitting a Nomination
Nominations are now being accepted through February 28, 2020. Submit your nomination today.
Election process & deadlines
Below are the key dates and activities that make up the election process.
- December: Call for Nominations announced in December CheeseBytes newsletter and on ACS website.
- February 28: Deadline for Nominations.
- March: Nominating Committee members interview all Nominees
- April: Nominating Committee recommends slate of Candidates for Board approval.
- April: Candidates must submit a photo, brief biography, and statement of intent to the ACS office.
- May: ACS members with voting privileges will receive an online ballot, and will be asked to select candidates. (Note: additional reminders to vote will be sent to those who have not yet voted up until the deadline.)
- June 30th: Election closes, the candidate(s) who receive the most votes will be elected.
- July 15th: Candidates will be notified of results within two weeks of close of elections.
- At Annual ACS Conference: New Board members will be introduced at the ACS Business Meeting/Lunch at the Annual Conference.