Emmi Roth, a subsidiary of Switzerland-based Emmi Group, is a leading producer of specialty cheeses. Our expansive portfolio displays a unique marriage of cheeses from two different worlds with very similar traditions and local values – from handcrafted award-winning Roth cheeses from Wisconsin to Emmi’s full range of traditional varieties imported from Switzerland.
The Emmi Roth Specialty Sales team currently consists of fun, hardworking cheese lovers that highly regard this industry. We are seeking a like-minded Regional Sales Manager based in the Midwest region. The ideal candidate will be very passionate about selling specialty foods. This person MUST have a working knowledge of the food industry. Because this is a sales position, the ideal candidate should have an outgoing personality, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. This job requires working from home and on the road and must reside in the Midwest.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage territory to meet or exceed the sales and profit goals of the annual budget
- Lead customer development at designated accounts
- Identify & secure new business prospects and increase sales volume in territory
- Keep current on industry trends and competitors utilizing data to drive results
- Create and deliver sales presentations
- Attend new store openings and conduct product trainings
- Coordinate marketing and merchandising efforts together with the customer and marketing team
- Coordinate sample requests, POP requests and product demos to assure compliance and execution
- Attend trade shows, sales meetings and industry events as necessary
- Actively participate in S&OP (demand planning) to provide accurate business forecasting
- Manage assigned budgets; including trade spend, T&E, promotional programs, etc.
- Coordinate market visits with stakeholders as well as individual store visits on a continuous basis
- Keep VP of Sales closely informed of all Business related activities
- Perform Broker Management with designated Brokers
- Train Broker and Distributor Sales force on Emmi Roth Company and products
- Participate in sales meetings or make sales presentations to Key Distributors and Brokers ensuring Emmi Roth Sales objectives are achieved
- Be required to obtain CCP certification
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of outside sales experience with a proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales objectives
- Experience in food industry; perishable, specialty food and or cheese experience a plus
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and other business systems
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Active affiliation with appropriate sales networks, organizations and community involvement preferred.
- Ability to travel approximately 60-70%
- Valid driver’s license
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Compensation & Benefits
Emmi Roth offers a comprehensive & competitive benefits and compensation package including additional perks such as a wellness program and pet insurance. We also offer 4 hours of paid time off to volunteer at a charity of your choice.
How to Apply
Please visit our careers page to learn more about working at Emmi Roth and to apply online at http://www.emmiroth.com/careers/