The Cheese School is a 7-year old San Francisco institution! We offer private dining, cheese tasting classes, team-building events, and off-site catering. Next month we are opening a Cafe and Cheese Counter in Ghirardelli Square!
We are a super collaborative team with years of experience in restaurant and cheese counter management and are looking for a creative team player to come and join us! We teach with passion, not pretension and our motto is ‘eating is learning’ - we want to inspire all of our customers to be adventurous and try new things in the cheese world! In addition, we want to create a supportive environment where everyone can learn to be their best, and develop skills they might not have known they had. We are big on training and internal promotion, and love developing people’s talents! If you have cheese experience, cooking experience, exceptional customer service or a passion for food - please apply!
We’re seeking full-time and part-time prep and line cooks to support the Cafe Kitchen Manager. The candidate for this position should thrive in wearing many hats. Be able to slice, dice, work a panini press, and have great time management skills to fulfill orders. During the downtime, you’ll prep recipes for the next shift, and take pride in having one of the cleanest kitchens this side of the bay!
We are a small, but passionate kitchen that is looking for people who want to help us grow; someone with ideas and creativity. We are a family of eaters and are looking for people who like to feed and be fed.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prep menu items; soups, salads, sandwiches and desserts
- Assist back of house team with preparation and organization in the kitchen
- Maintain prep area cleanliness at all times
- Kitchen training and food preparation
- Ensure high quality and efficient execution of menu items
- Maintain strong understanding of food safety from unpacking, handling, storage, and transportation
- Take direction and follow recipes
- Help maintain and enhance aesthetic presentation of packaged food & food served
- Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare menu for service
- Proper knife skills and food handling experience
- Hands-on experience in garnishing, arranging, and serving food
- Demonstrated ability to check freshness of food and ingredients prior to cooking
- Knowledge of food safety and handling procedures
- Well-versed in cleaning work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, and silverware
- Able to work in a team environment
- Self-motivated and organized
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position including lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, pushing, pulling, bending, walking, standing for extended periods of time
The success patterns for this position are:
- Can effectively handle multiple tasks and high stress situations
- Must be able to work at a fast pace
- Reliable transportation to and from work with varying start and end times
- Self-motivated, especially under pressure
- Able to accept constructive criticism and improve from it
- Can work independently and as a member of a team
- Communicate effectively and efficiently
- Works with attention to detail
Compensation & Benefits
Min. starting wage is $15 + tips. Part-time and full-time positions are available. Full time is 32-40 hours a week and includes 50% contributions to health care, discounts on food, retail and classes. Commuter benefits and Sick Pay Accrual. Must be available to work nights and weekends (we are open daily 11am-9pm).
How to Apply
Email a resume outlining your experience to [email protected] Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.