Fisher’s Cheese + Wine is a new cheese shop and cafe at the Marin Country Mart in Larkspur, CA. Our sister location is The Cheese School of San Francisco, and the leadership core of Fisher’s came from The Cheese School.
In a nutshell we’re a cheese-obsessed, hard-working, fun-loving, and passionate group. We thrive doing work we’re proud of while helping each other succeed. Our motto is “eating is learning”, and we want to give our customers opportunities to taste and learn as soon as they come into our shop. It’s how we build relationships, connect with our base and each other.
Our cafe, cheese, and wine shop is a counter service space. As you ring people up, you’ll talk about our menu offerings or wines by the glass. As the Lead Cheesemonger, you’ll assist the Cheese Buyer with maintaining the retail offerings. As the Floor Supervisor, one key task is to ensure that things are running smoothly and projects are getting completed during our “slow” times.
We are seeking a Floor Supervisor with a background as a cheesemonger and strong customer service/sales skills. Our ideal new team member loves talking about cheese and has the knowledge to back that up, leads by example, and puts customers first. If you love arranging a cheese case, discovering new pairings and talking about them with customers, and are also willing to break down boxes or do whatever needs to get done, we’d love for you to join our team!
- Basic knowledge of cheesemaking and cheese industry
- Familiar with different cheese styles with the ability to explain the differences
- Strong knowledge of cheese retail, handling, and sanitation
- Assembles cheese, charcuterie boards and catering platters
- Checks in retail deliveries and maintains retail merchandising
- Assists with cheese training for team members
- Maintains backstock of retail inventory
- Ensures proper opening & closing procedures of deli cases
- Helps to ensure SOP’s are executed properly by team
- Assists in training new team members
- Resolves guest concerns and complaints when GM is not present
- Ensures proper opening & closing procedures for front of house
- Ring guests up, ensures orders are correct for kitchen staff execution
- Runs food and beverages with proper tableside etiquette
Description of our ideal candidate:
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining FCW standards of performance
- Upholds highest standards of customer service
- Self-motivated and fast learner
- Strong sales skills with the ability to recognize up-sell moments
- Strong attention to detail and organizational habits
- Thrives in a collaborative work environment
- Eagerness to train and educate others on cheese, wine and other fine foods
- Personable and dedicated to forming good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Fluency with google docs and sheets
- Strong in person and email communication skills
Hours + Benefits:
Pay is DOE. Full-time position 32-40 hours a week that includes tips and health care. Must be available to work nights and weekends.
How to Apply
Email a comprehensive cover letter and resume outlining your experience to [email protected] Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.