Jasper Hill Farm is a mission-based company, working to preserve Vermont’s agricultural soils and working landscape through farmstead cheese production. Our family of businesses includes two dairies, two creameries, and a state-of-the-art underground aging facility that matures & markets cheese for 6 creameries. Our farm is located in the beautiful, rural, rolling hills of Greensboro, VT. Our business is growing, and we’re looking for great people to join our world-class team!
Just as milk is key to cheese quality, our team is critical to the success of our business as a whole. We value teamwork and collaboration, encouraging both individual and collective success. As a growing and diverse business, there will always be opportunities for those who excel at their work and take pride in building something new.
Jasper Hill Cheesemakers are driven to their best. The work is physical, fast-paced and mentally stimulating. The capacity to think ahead to plan your workflow, stamina to keep moving, and ability to continually improve the process are essential. This role starts early, a majority of the time is spent cleaning, and it requires working at least one weekend day. Someone who enjoys fast paced production work can find deep satisfaction in creating a delicious product with a team that works well together. Tasting and evaluating the cheese produced is an important and tasty part of cheesemaking. Be a part of a team that has a sense of purpose and pride in the work they do.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
· Follow recipes to produce a variety of cheeses
· Cleaning and sanitizing all cheesemaking and cheese care equipment
· Following established protocols for cheese quality and food safety
· Use of pH meter, moisture analyzer, and other technical equipment
· Record keeping to maintain cheesemaking database
· Assist in training visitors and new employees
Skills & Experience
· Detail- and process-oriented
· Reliable & dependable
· Good communication skills
· Self-motivated asks questions, seeks information, shares concerns & problem solves
· Ability to work with others in a respectful, cooperative manner
· Ability to work on your feet for long stretches, and lift 60+ pounds
· Two years of cheese production work preferred
· Chemistry, Microbiology or culinary studies preferred
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation based on experience
· We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance and PTO for full-time employees.
· This position is 40-45 hours a week.
How to Apply
Email us at [email protected] to request an application or submit your resumé and 3 references.
Learn more about our company and open positions at www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment