Who we are!
The Cheese School is an educational institution - we offer cheese and wine classes, private team-building events, private dining and catering - check us out online! We are moving to Ghirardelli Square this summer and opening a Cafe and Cheese Shop and want a full-time Education Coordinator to join our education department.
We’re a cheese-obsessed, hard-working, fun-loving, and passionate group. We thrive doing work we’re proud of while helping each other succeed. Our motto is “eating is learning”, and we want to give our customers opportunities to taste and learn as soon as they come into our shop. It’s how we build relationships, connect with our base and each other.
The Education Coordinator will work with the existing team in the following tasks:
- Create The Cheese School public classes schedule
- Schedule instructors
- Procure product used in classes
- Promote classes online with monthly newsletter
- Teach 1-2 times per week: Cheese 101 and Cheesemaking classes
- Data entry: Tracking class registrations, payments, preferences and allergies information, and also tracking after-class feedback from guests
- Streamlining existing systems for class registrations and feedback
- Plan our 3-day professional course and farm visits; scheduling, product procurement, oversight of event as a whole, contributing to class content and student
- Grow education department sales and variety of offerings for our students, including additional professional/semi-professional classes and casual walk-in educational opportunities for passers by in Ghirardelli Square
- Outgoing person who loves cheese, cheesemaking and teaching people about it!
- Experience in education of groups of 6 to 30 adults
- Home or Professional Cheesemaking experience
- Tech savvy: Able to post classes and edits on website
- Organized, detail-oriented and works well in a team!
Compensation and Benefits:
40 hours p/week. Hourly wage doe Sick leave according to SF law After 90 days:
50% health insurance covered by employee Cell phone stipend
Discounted wines and classes
After 1 year:
401k matched by employer and bonus plan And a kick-ass team from Day 1!
The Cheese School is female owned and operated, and we encourage anyone and everyone with relevant experience to apply. This position has a lot of room for growth, as we are moving to a larger space and expanding our existing services.
How to Apply
Email your resume to [email protected]
Please include a cover letter explaining your relevant experience and why you want to work with The Cheese School.