The Cheesemaker will participate in the production of Cheese and other dairy products.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following essential job functions are performed as a Cheesemaker:
- The Cheesemaker will be proficient and productive in all aspects of our dairy product production including, but not limited to:
- Cheese, yogurt, and kefir production
- Turning and caring for aging cheese in the aging rooms
- Packing, packaging, and preparing cheese for sale
- Clean-up and sanitation requirements
- Quality control
- Attending scheduled meetings
- The employee is expected to follow all safety procedures and standard operating procedures at all times relating to this position.
- The employee must work well under pressure, meeting and completing deadlines.
- The employee shall, at all times, demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors.
- Being at work on time and maintaining good attendance is a condition of employment and is an essential function of the job.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience
- Food Production Experience, preferably with cheese or other dairy products
- 21 years of age or older
- Minimum height of 5’6”
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Must have good attention to detail
- Must be able to bend, lift up to 50 lbs easily, reach, stoop, and walk and stand for long periods of time
- Must have clean and neat appearance
- Must have good sense of cleanliness and sanitation
- Must be respectful and maintain professional conduct
- Must have good work ethic and attendance, be reliable and trustworthy
- Have a Food Handling Permit
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation: $15/hour or more, depending on experience
How to Apply
To Apply: Email a résumé and cover lettter to [email protected] and we will send you an application.