Capriole is seeking to add a full-time member to our team of dedicated and diverse cheesemakers. Our singular goal is making exceptional cheese; if you believe you possess the skills to aid that endeavor, we would love to hear from you.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Learn the procedures and protocols that accompany each "make" of cheese.
- Employ rigorous sanitation standards at every step of production (the majority of cheesemaking!)
- Overseeing the affinage, or proper cheese aging, of our product line.
- Help update and enforce the HACCP/HARPC program and stay current on the regulatory framework we operate within.
- Manage plant inventory.
- Help further the marketing and sales footprint of Capriole with demos, festivals, and tastings.
Skills & Experience
No cheesemaking background is required, but is a plus. Passion to learn about cheese, its science, its traditions, and how both inform what we do at Capriole, is a must.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive wage based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested individuals should send a resume and brief introduction to [email protected]