American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-7728.
1/29/15 – Specialty Cheese Lead and Cheesmongers Needed!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality – from our flame roasted prime rib, house made quiche and pot pies, to our huge cheese counter filled with award winning Artisan, Local, Specialty and Farmstead cheeses from the Northwest and beyond!
We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. These fast-paced positions throughout our stores provide ample opportunity for growth and development within the Company. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals, who love cheese, and who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
- Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
- Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
- Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Pension Plan
- Generous Employee Discount
- Employee Sponsored ORCA Card Program
How to apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job description for the Specialty Cheese Lead and Cheesemonger positions.
- Go to metropolitan-market.com
- Select the Careers section
- Complete a general application and create a profile
- Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
1/29/15 – Seeking a ACS Certified Cheese Professional (TM)
Springside Cheese Corp. is looking for a Certified Cheese Professional to fill the role of Lead Cheesemonger & Retail Manager to drive consistency of the Springside mission and brand as it is expressed through people, products and environment; guaranteeing both an outstanding shopping experience for our customers as well as an outstanding employment experience for our retail workforce.
Roles / Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
- Drives the implementation of the company mission by developing action plans and directly instructing and motivating the store team to meet operational and organizational objectives.
- Ensures a positive customer experience, providing guests with a unique, enthusiastic and informational experience.
- Represents the company at events and food shows by serving cheese and beverages to support brand growth and public awareness.
- Solicits customer feedback to understand customer needs and the needs of the local community.
- Identifies, purchases, and maintains a product listing that fits unique local buying habits and seasonal variations.
- Manages and oversees 5-15 hourly associates providing leadership that will ensure excellent customer service and develop high morale.
- Displays a customer first attitude by training and holding associates accountable for delivering world class customer service.
- Plans and coordinates store merchandising and promotions in partnership with marketing staff.
- Monitors and manages store staffing levels to ensure associate development and talent acquisition to achieve and maintain store operational requirements.
- Develops and retains a strong team; ensuring that new hires are guided properly and completely through the “on-boarding” process and are transitioned into the Springside Cheese culture with consistent communication and coaching.
- Demonstrates a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events and manages smooth transitions thereafter to keep the store operating to standard and set a positive example for the store team.
- Constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
- Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Springside Cheese.
- ACS Certified Cheese Professional strongly preferred
- Degree in business, hospitality, culinary arts, or equivalent experience
- Extensive knowledge of and passion for cheese and wine
- Ability to identify, hire and develop top talent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead by example, strong leadership profile
- Ability to work well with all levels to build teams and partnerships
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to develop, plan and execute strategies to maximize opportunities
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Point of Sale systems
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to travel up to 30%
For additional career opportunities with Springside Cheese, please visit us at www.springsidecheese.com/careeropportunities.html. Individuals can apply in-person, download an application online or send a resume to email@example.com
Rich in the tradition of Wisconsin cheese making, Springside Cheese Corp. is a family owned and operated business that carries on a legacy of producing the finest hand-crafted, natural cheeses. In addition to the cheese store attached to the factory in Oconto Falls, Wisconsin, Springside Cheese Corp. has stores in Stiles, Wisconsin and Pueblo, Colorado. For more information, please visit www.springsidecheese.com.
1/23/15 – East Coast Sales Manager
Champignon North America, Inc. imports and sells specialty cheeses from Käserei Champignon, a family-owned cheese manufacturer in Bavaria, Germany. We are proud of our long history of quality cheese production, innovation, and customer satisfaction. We are looking for the right candidate to become a part of our team and continue our growth. Champignon North America’s corporate office is located in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, just minutes away from New York City.
The East Coast Sales Manager is responsible for increasing sales in the East Coast territory (all states on the eastern seaboard, west to Pennsylvania and Tennessee) and developing and maintaining long-term partnerships with key distributors and retailers. This is a full-time salaried position with bonus and commission.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the specialty cheese business with direct sales to distributors and retailers
- Must have knowledge of the East Coast markets and distributors taking care of the specialty retailers
- Outgoing personality and ability to blend within a smaller organization
- Must be comfortable working in a small office and working from home
- Possesses the ability to be creative with promotions, structuring sales strategies and discovering opportunities with our products in new and existing retailers
- Needs to have an entrepreneurial approach to managing and growing the territory
- Must be accountable, and willing to take ownership of responsibilities
- Must be able to prioritize and multitask while maintaining a high level of work quality and detail
- Ability to stop, think, and analyze situations and make well-informed decisions.
- Must have excellent communication and strong customer service skills to deal with very seasoned buyers
- Must have very high confidence in sales ability and in problem solving.
- Must present a clean, well-mannered image to customers, suitable for the industry and our company standards
- Ability to plan, organize, and attend trade shows and regional distributor shows, including setting up and taking down booth (able to lift at least 30 lbs.). Some weekend shows will be required
- Keep current with changing industry and changes in distributor and retail trends, economic indicators, and competitors
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales reports and contracts
- Able to maintain accurate records of all sales and activity reports
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.
- Must have a valid passport for occasional international travel
- Valid US driver’s license
- Prefer candidates residing in the greater NYC/ NJ area
If you are interested in the position, please contact Flynne Wiley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1/22/15 – Do You Love Cheese
Are you a matchmaker? We are a cheese Distributor looking for a good person who has worked with cheese (retail is exceptional training) and loves to build sales of Artisan Cheese and all things that pair well!
Job Description: Inside Sales
Title: Wholesale Cheese Sales Representative
Based at: Tomales Bay Foods, Petaluma California
We are looking for a motivated and organized individual who eats great cheese and has what it takes to sell it. We service customers nationally including fabulous chefs and restaurants, cutting-edge retailers, wineries and caterers. We offer small production artisan cheese and accompaniments with a focus on American Producers. Our goal is to build a sustainable future for artisan cheese makers and their community. This position requires extensive customer phone and email contact. Brimming enthusiasm is a plus.
- Matches the right cheese with the right customer!
- Builds long-term sales and customer loyalty.
- Provides knowledgeable, enthusiastic and efficient service.
- Works closely with sales and warehouse team with inherent accuracy and urgency.
- Upholds high standards of customer service through every encounter.
- Generates sales orders and invoices accurately and efficiently.
- Participates in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Professional communication
- Multi-tasking without sacrificing speed or accuracy
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Energetic and efficient
- Detail-oriented, deadline driven
- Experience with Microsoft Office and competent in PC use
- QuickBooks experience
- Experience in pairing cheese with beer and wine
- Experience in selling cheese
- Cooperative team player
- Fluent in English
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Physical Requirements of the job:
- Working both in office at desk (75%) and warehouse-on your feet (25%)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to work in 41 degree walk in for short periods of time
- Ability to move quickly in crowded environment
- Ability to use computer keyboard and phones for 6+ hrs. day
- The ideal candidates will enjoy working in a fast paced environment, have great customer service, a sense of humor and appreciate success through teamwork.
Hours are Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Please respond by EMAIL ONLY, with everything embedded in the email or attached as a PDF with TOMALES BAY FOOD CHEESE SALES in the subject line to Debra Dickerson at email@example.com. Please include cover letter, resume and 2 references.
Benefits: Health + Dental insurance
401K, Paid Time Off
Participating in a socially and environmentally conscious company committed to sustainable agriculture and organic production.
1/20/15 – Kusel Walker Vat
KUSEL WALKER VAT
For sale: Kusel walker style vat, approximately 150 gallon capacity. Bought from a commercial food lab, all electronics have been replaced with solid state controls and new drive motors. Vat is in excellent shape with little sign of wear. Perfect for artisanal plant. $9,800. Shipping and crating is separate. Please contact Flathead Lake Cheese at 406-883-0343 for pictures and additional information.
1/20/15 – Management Team at Righteous Cheese (Washington DC)
Are you a cheesemonger looking for a home? Righteous Cheese is a bustling cheese shop, located in the heart of DC at Union Market, and is seeking a cheese lover to join our management ranks.
Us: An artisanal cheese shop and bar, offering unique, uncommon handmade cheeses made locally and around the world. We always approach cheese with reverence but don’t take ourselves too seriously. However, we do have the highest standards for our products and ourselves.
You: excellent customer service, make customers laugh, love to learn, hardworking, can hustle your behind when necessary, task-oriented, very friendly and easy to get along with, loads of enthusiasm even under pressure, a great team player with a positive attitude, and most importantly – passionate about food!
Members of our management team need to be strong multi-taskers; be able to work both independently and within a team; and have excellent organization & communication skills in order to manage staff.
The job: Our management team handles new staff training, ordering, product development, inventory management, social media – and of course, cheesemongering. We are looking to hire an assistant manager to eventually develop into a senior manager. We value staffers that come in with a positive attitude every day and are excited about the artisan cheese industry. As a young business in a bustling market, our entire staff needs to be flexible, adaptable, and be able to think & move quickly.
Applicants must have 1 year + of cheese experience. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter and resume if you’re interested! No phone calls please.
1/13/15 – Cheesemonger / Manager
The Pink House is looking for a cheesemonger to help establish and manage a specialty meats and cheeses shop in Genoa, NV.
Duties would include establishing vendors, assisting with equipment purchase, hiring and training personnel, setting up and maintaining shop, and assisting with promoting items.
Excellent pay, health insurance, 401(k) and other benefits. Possible ownership if interested.
Genoa, NV is a quaint, historic town located in the Carson Valley, about 20 minutes from Lake Tahoe, CA.
Please send resume to: Lois Wray, email@example.com
1/13/15 – National Sales Manager
My client is a vertically integrated company that produces and distributes buffalo milk products from Colombia such as Mozzarella, Burratta, Yogurt, Milk Crème, and Milk Caramel; is looking for an energetic candidate that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
They are looking for a dynamic individual with a passion for cheese to represent their product to retailers and restaurants across the country. The ideal candidate will enjoy generating new business, understand the industry and what it takes successfully partner with customers. This is an exciting opportunity be part of building a brand!
The beginning of something great often starts with a passion and the urge to share that passion with others. With the love for home made and fresh food, my client began by making their own types of cheeses in a home kitchen. After years of experimenting and enjoying culinary masterpieces of all sorts, specifically in the dairy category, they realized there was no comparison between the texture, aroma and taste of cow milk and buffalo milk. As they decided to share their passion with the world, they had only one buffalo – This is where the company began. Slowly, they have acquired more buffalos to currently have 200 buffalos. They give the company the richest milk to make unique products.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jean Forney at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 672-1230.
1/13/15 – Cheese Merchandiser/Sales
My Client is a vertically integrated company that produces and distributes buffalo milk products form Colombia such as Mozzarella, Burratta, Yogurt, Milk Crème, and Milk Caramel; is looking for an energetic candidate, that enjoys working in a dynamic environment. This position is in Chicago and will be a “home-office” environment.
The role will service existing supermarket customer and evolve into generating new customers in the grocery and/or restaurant industry.
Candidate will visit stores on weekly basis to merchandise product, assist with inventory/order quantities, evaluate sales and make recommendations on product levels, in-store demonstrations, etc.
Exciting growth opportunities!
If you are interested in this position, please contact Jean Forney at email@example.com or (561) 672-1230.
1/8/15 – Quality Assurance Manager
Vermont Creamery, one of the country’s leading artisan cheese makers, recently B Corp Certified with 30 years of successful business, is looking for a full-time Quality Assurance Manager to join our busy team. Responsibilities include managing the overall Quality Department, company BRC certification, plant and program audits, regulatory compliance, and employee training programs. The right candidate must have experience with GFSI requirements, food processing, have at least 2 years of quality job experience and a college degree. Applicant must be detailed oriented, dynamic, be a good communicator, able to taste cheese and be effective in problem solving. Knowledge of Microsoft, HACCP and third party certification program management is required. Competitive salary based on experience, benefits package, cheese privileges. Send resume and letter by mail or email, or stop in for an application.
PO Box 95
Wilson Industrial Park
Websterville, VT 05678
1/6/15 – Artisan Sheep Cheesemaker and Affineur
Tucker Family Farm is a family owned and operated farm. We are searching for a self-motivated, driven, sustainably minded cheesemaker who is looking for a cheese making career. We practice sustainable and organic production of sheep milk, and are looking for a like-minded individual. We prefer an experienced cheese maker but are willing to consider an extremely driven and motivated newcomer.
Our farm and creamery are nestled against the mountains in Bitterroot Valley, Montana. The majority of our products are direct marketed in our area and throughout Montana. We have an underground cheese cave for aging as well as a brand new creamery facility. While we have specific cheeses we wish to produce, we are looking for a cheese maker who is innovative, likes to experiment, and is driven to create the highest quality of cheese.
This position would include making and aging cheese as well as selling, organizing and running tasting/pairing events, and expanding our current area of sales.
This position of Cheesemaker and Affineur for our artisan farmstead creamery offers the following:
Unique Opportunity – Make artisan cheese, grow with a new business, develop your own cheese recipes, and have your name attached to the cheese, as well as utilizing a new facility with an underground cheese cave for aging.
Diverse – The opportunity to be in charge of cheesemaking and aging as well as new recipe development, new ways to age, marketing, selling, event organizing, tastings, and pairings.
Locally Driven – As a sustainable farm, we are always looking for ways to utilize products close to the farm to enhance our products with local flavors. We are looking for a cheese maker with a similar philosophy, one who is driven by finding ways to utilize the unique local abundance in new and interesting ways.
Hands-free Creativity – We do not want someone who is just here to follow our recipes. We want an innovator, a creator, someone who wants to make the best cheese and will not give up trying to actualize their dream. We succeed only when you are pushing the boundaries and creating an ever-improving product.
Long term career – We want someone who is interested in a career. Develop your name as a cheese maker along with our farm. We want this to be your dream.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please address any further inquiries to this address as well.
12/29/14 – Sales Manager – 5 Spoke Creamery
5 Spoke Creamery makes grass-fed, raw milk cheeses in beautiful Hudson Valley, NY from our herd of Ayshire cows. We are looking for a hard working, passionate sales manager with at least a 4-5 year track record of successful sales in cheese or other speciaty foods.
Our farm and creamery is in Goshen, New York – one hour north of New York City. As this is a sales position, the job entails working from home, the road, or the farm – including bringing key buyers to our farm. A Northeast home base is preferred, but not mandatory.
JOB REQUIREMENT AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Experience caling on high level buyers – both foodservice and retail
- Ability to bring in, grow and work with large regional and national food distributors and specialty retail accounts
- A high level of cheese knowledge is critical to this position
- Execellent organizational skills including database management
- The ability to work independently is essential while still being a part of our farm and creamery team
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Some travel is required, whether to meet with new accounts or manage trade show booths
- Minimum of a college BA or BS degree
We offer competitive compensation and are looking for someone who wants to grow with our company.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
12/15/14 – Director of Cheese at Artisanal Cheese Production Company
The Director of Cheese will support the development of a new artisanal cheese making company. The ideal candidate will help launch and steer the company’s growth, coordinate and oversee discrete facets of its operations, and help ensure that the company reaches its full potential. The position will also act as the day-to-day point person and be one of the key public faces of the company.
The Director of Cheese will be supporting the formation of a company that is bringing a fresh approach to producing locally-sourced cheese. Our business model is at the forefront of the cheese industry because it allows dairy farmers of all sizes access to avenues of high-margin revenue they did not have before. The Director of Cheese will work with a team of experienced entrepreneurs and executives that have grown new and existing businesses for over two decades, including a multi-location enterprise recognized as one of the top 20 fastest growing companies by Inc. magazine. The company will be a highly-regarded small batch cheese-production house and the producer of award-winning and much appreciated cheeses.
- Passion about cheese, local food and agriculture
- A self-starter, self-motivator and self-manager
- A networker and relationship-builder
- Hunger to spearhead a new project and the willingness to forge a new business model
- A person who thrives in a start-up environment
- Excellence at wearing multiples hats and playing multiples roles
- Desire to be an industry expert and leader, as well as active in the cheese industry’s community
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly
- A person with integrity, and a strong and genuine work ethic
To see complete job description, please click the link below.
Director of Cheese at Artisanal Cheese Production Company
The position will begin as half-time and will expand to part-time within six months. National and regional candidates will be considered. The salary is competitive and will include benefits. Please send a letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
10/28/14 – Artisan Cheese Business For Sale
My partner in our cheese business died in April and I have lost interest in cheese making. I have a mature farmstead cheese business in North Carolina. All equipment and an inventory of award winning cheese for sale. It is packed up in tractor trailers and ready to deliver to your location or you may locate here near Raleigh where we have a loyal customer base. Call Sam Galphin if you are seriously interested at 919-612-9092 or email email@example.com.
10/27/14 – Artisan Cheese Production
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese in the Pike Place Market in Seattle is looking for cheese makers!
Love early mornings? Love hard work? We are increasing production and are looking for a full time, early morning cheese makers to work on the production floor and in the cold room.
Currently, we have both entry level cheese making positions (with possibility of advancement within one year) and a position for someone with 2+ years cheese making experience.
This is a full-time position that is seriously cool and seriously hard work!
Things that are musts:
- Ability to lift 65 lbs, repeatedly
- Strong work ethic
- Availability to work early mornings at 3am
- Strong understanding of food safety, cleaning and sanitation
- Food Handling Experience
- A love of all things cheese!
Follow the link to apply:
Beecher’s is a non-smoking company.
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is part of the Sugar Mountain family along with Pasta & Co, Bennett’s, Liam’s, Maximus/Minimus, and the Pure Food Kids Foundation.