American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-2788.
5/5/15 – Wholesale Sales Associate
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese has been producing award winning, hand-crafted cheese since 2003 using only the purest ingredients and artisanal methods.
We are looking for a full time, Wholesale Sales Associate who has a passion for pure, all natural food, a love of cheese and a drive to excel, to assist with sales of Beecher’s Cheese’s, West Coast and Nationwide as needed.
- Have at least two years sales experience with distributors, headquarter calls in specialty food, artisan cheese.
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
- Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
- A valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation and is available to travel out of stateBe passionate about food and selling quality products
The job will include:
- Working with Wholesale Director of Sales to sell directly to retail accounts and distributors
- Identifying and attending events sampling and promoting Beecher’s Handmade Cheese and products
- Coordinating and conducting retail demos/tastingsFollow the link to apply:https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6959&jid=290631
This is a non-commission Sales position. Salary – DOE Full benefits
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is part of the Sugar Mountain family and is committed to pure, all-natural foods. In keeping with our commitment to pure food, Sugar Mountain companies contribute 1% of all sales to the Pure Food Kids Foundation, founded by Beecher’s in 2004.
4/24/15 – Cheesemaker Job Openings
Jasper Hill is looking for an experienced cheesemaker to lead the production team at our newest facility. We seek a dynamic leader who understands the science, art, and craft of cheesemaking. The ideal candidate is interested in advancing their skills through study and hands-on experience, has food safety knowledge, is willing to lead through an Open Book Management business structure, and appreciates opportunities for continued growth and education. Jasper Hill cheesemakers are not isolated in production, they work closely with our farm, quality, aging and sales teams as we strive to produce the world’s best cheese.
Jasper Hill is looking for a cheesemaker as an addition to our talented creamery staff. The ideal candidate has professional cheesemaking experience and is confident making decisions based on sensory and scientific indicators. Our culture at Jasper Hill is based in food safety and Open Book Management and we offer many opportunities for continued growth and learning. Jasper Hill cheesemakers are not isolated in production, and work closely with our farm, quality, aging and sales teams as we strive to produce the world’s best cheese.
Please contact Emily at email@example.com to learn more or send a resume.
Check out our website for a full listing of our open positions. http://www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment
4/21/15 – Cheese Intern Wanted
Small growing farmstead cheese dairy currently seeking interns in cheese making, grazing, cow care and all around experience on working farm. Housing available and food provided. Weekly stipend available. Any talent appreciated and can be used in these areas please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4/17/15 – Cheese Sales Manager – Shelburne Farms
Manage the sales of Shelburne Farms cheese and farm products while enhancing the mission of Shelburne Farms. For a job description and information on how to apply:
4/13/15 – Artisan Cheesemaker – Paid Apprenticeship
Nature’s Harmony has an immediate opening for a paid Cheesemaking Apprenticeship based in Elberton, Georgia.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key contributor to a growing operation, learn cheesemaking and affinage from a senior cheesemaker, and have a lot of fun.
Applicants should be very hard-working, have a passion for artisanal food, and have excellent attention to detail. This position starts soon and requires a year+ commitment.
If you or someone you know might be interested, please email email@example.com with your story and background.
4/6/15 – Dairy farm, cheese business and composting business for sale!
Smith’s Country Cheese, (Otter River Farm) is a diversified business operation in Winchendon, MA that combines a modern 200 cow freestall facility, with an established cheese business and a growing compost operation which includes a recently added 30,000 + square foot permitted composting facility that is undercover. All three ventures are profitable with low capital overhead.
The 43 acre (purchase feed) farm is improved with all buildings necessary, along with four homes and a 2 bedroom house trailer. Energy efficiency improvements have recently been completed including an extensive solar panel system.
Well established markets are in place for both the cheese and the compost. The owner is willing to consider owner financing toward the ultimate purchase.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
3/23/15 – Territory Sales Manager – Cheese
Emmi Roth USA produces award-winning, specialty cheeses in Monroe, Wisconsin. As a subsidiary of Emmi Group, our history is rich with generations of cheesemakers and dairy families making high quality cheese. Our geographic location allows for access to high quality milk with a strong Swiss heritage in cheesemaking. Emmi’s artisanal cheeses are crafted with pride in Switzerland, Europe and the United States. Emmi Roth’s Specialty Sales Team includes fun, hardworking cheese lovers with a high regard for our industry.
We are seeking a like-minded Territory Manager to cover territories in Salt Lake, Park City Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Kansas, Colorado, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas.
An ideal candidate would be very passionate about cheese and specialty foods. This person should have a working knowledge of the local retailers, as well as the food industry. As this is a sales position, the ideal candidate should possess an outgoing personality, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. This position requires working from home and on the road.
- Maintaining a call pattern with existing customers. Excellent customer service is required for soliciting orders, maintaining market share and general sales support.
- The ability to work independently is essential, yet, still being team player-minded.
- Travel required is approximately 50% of the time to customers for new store openings, training key customers, coordinating store merchandising efforts, etc.
- Cheese knowledge is critical to this position.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy and high quality customer service is essential
- excellence in oral and written skills
- effective time management
- working knowledge of computer based programs such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
- This job requires the ability to identify new business opportunities with existing customers, new customers and new venues. This includes having the knowledge and ability to work with brokers.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Sales networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Sales techniques.
Emmi Roth USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested in the position, please visit http://us.emmi.com/en/ask-us/careers.html.
3/4/15 – Senior QA Manager
Senior Quality Assurance Manager, Rural New England location
- Maintain (and always be ahead of the requirements) BRC “A” rating and drive for Continued Improvement
- This is a rare…one man show QA Manager Opportunity…managing (1) Lab Technician
- Must live and breathe authentic passion for Top Notch Quality Assurance Standards
- Maintain HACCP, employee trainings, audits, regulatory compliance, safety and collaborate with R&D as needed
- Must possess outstanding communication skills with demonstrated effectiveness at driving results
- Degree highly preferred.
- Min 3-5 years quality assurance experience in the Dairy Industry is highly preferred.
Excellent Compensation, bonus, and relocation assistance
……….Unique Role! First class Employer! Couldn’t get a better boss!…….
Interested in the position, contact Therese Seefeldt, Dairy Industry Specialist with Management Recruiters of Boise at 877-520-3990 or email@example.com
3/4/15 – Creamery Manager
Creamery Manager (Cheesemaker), rural New England area with lower cost of living
Client is a privately held specialty cheese company been in business over 10 years. Mission is the highest quality product possible.
- Min (3) years of Cheese making experience and (2) years of managing process and people
- Oversee (and participate in) production and drive for continued improvement
- Receive milk into vat, make cheese and troubleshoot process
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety and Chemical usage
Must be passionate about cheesemaking and possess a track record of managing and developing people. Competitive salary and relocation assistance! Positive internal culture! Great quality of life opportunity!
If you are interested in applying, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2/20/15 – Apprentice/Intern
Caromont Farm is currently filling positions for Spring/Summer Apprentice/Interns. Duties would include milking 90 goats twice a day, farm maintenance, making both raw and pasteurized cheeses, washing cheese, and aging room maintenance.
Lodging and meals provided. Weekly stipend provided. If you are interested in this position, please email resume to email@example.com.
2/18/15 – Sales/Marketing
Arethusa Farm Dairy, located in the Litchfield hills of CT, produces a diverse line of dairy products from its single herd of Holsteins, Jerseys and Brown Swiss cows.
Arethusa Farm Dairy is seeking a sales and marketing representative for the CT, Westchester County and New York City area. Full or part time depending on the level of skills.
- Develop strong relationships with current and new customers
- Work cohesively with the Arethusa team
- Service accounts weekly
- Support sales related activities, including customer service, setting up sales sample request, and other sales duties
- Train and educate sampling/demo team members
- Successful food sales experience, 2 plus years’ preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- A sense of humor and creativity
- A love of cheese and dairy products!Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
2/18/15 – Cheese Farm For Sale
Beautiful 60 acre cheese farm for sale near Duluth, Minnesota. Retail store/café with state approved kitchen, cheese processing facility and aging room; milking barn (pipeline set-up included) with milk house and hayloft, large pole building, custom built farm house (2,366 sq. ft. w/full basement; 5 bed, 2 bath, built in 1987), pond and small apple orchard. Great opportunity to own your own business! $299,000. For more information, email Joy at email@example.com.
2/11/15 – Artisan Cheesemaker, England
Experienced, artisan cheesemaker wanted for Daylesford Organic in the heart of the Cotswolds, England. Would suit an enthusiastic cheesemaker who is able to lead a small team and be pro-active. Good package available with a two-bedroom cottage in the village available if necessary. Please contact Michael Rolfe on +447961 259283 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about Daylesford Organic, please visit our web site www.daylesford.com