American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-2788.
8/25 – 9/25: Dir. of Sales – Seatec
Manages assigned business and Account Executives and Marketing Support Team at division level to insure achievement of company goals and polices.
Dir. of Sales Full Job Description
If you are interested in the position, please visit www.dpispecialtyfoods.com/careers to complete an application.
8/19 – 10/19: Team Member
Come join our rapidly-growing cheese business! Caputo Brothers Creamery makes the only fermented, frozen cheese curds that can be stretched into fresh mozzarella (and burrata, stracciatella…aged into provola, etc.). We also have a small restaurant that is now open M-F for lunch and cheese sales – we’re looking for someone to work with our chef and run the front of house.
Job Title: Team Member
Job Location: Caputo Brothers Creamery
245 N. Main Street, Suite 1
Spring Grove, PA 17362
Reports to: Business owner
Weekday (M-F) position, 9:00a.m.-4:30p.m. Hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Daily preparation/set up/cleanup of retail and lunch operation
- Cash register operation
- Provide excellent customer service
- Food preparation and service
- Comfortable with continuous standing (100%)
- May have the option for overtime or weekend/special event work
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. or more
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Accurate clerical and numerical skills required
- Ability to communicate and work well with all customers
- Flexibility with shift work and work day assignments
- Must be dependable, punctual, self-motivated, and able to work without constant supervision
8/17 – 9/17: Head Cheesemaker
Applications accepting on a rolling basis. Start date: ASAP
We are looking for a head cheese maker at Cricket Creek Farm to work with the creamery manager and apprentices to make our several award winning cheeses.
Cricket Creek Farm is a small grass-based dairy in Western Massachusetts. We make several award-winning cheeses from the milk of our herd of Brown Swiss and Jersey cows (currently milking about 25 cows). In addition to the cheese, we sell raw milk from our farm store. We also raise pigs and beef, and have an on-farm bakery. We make all our own hay for our cows that we feed out during the winter.
The head cheese maker must have experience making a variety of hard and soft cheeses, and experience in sanitation and maintenance of a creamery. Work includes involvement in all aspects of running our farmstead creamery.
Please see our website for further details and to apply: http://cricketcreekfarm.com/cheese-maker-cricket-creek-farm/
8/16 – 9/16: Cheese Merchandiser – Bay Area, CA
Schuman Cheese is the largest hard-Italian cheese company in the U.S. We are a privately held, fourth generation family run business with roots as an importer of fine Italian hard cheese. We’ve been migrating into becoming a significant player in the domestic manufacturing and processing of Italian and other cheeses. We are vertically integrated and distribute over 150 million pounds of cheese each year across the Food Service, Retail, and Industrial market segments in the U.S. and abroad.
The Cheese Merchandiser will work in the Bay Area of Northern California. Work will be completed from a home office and involves a high amount of travel and driving to retail locations. Majority of travel will be in local region, overnight travel required approx. 30% of time. Training will be provided to develop in depth product knowledge.
- Complete product demonstrations and cheese samplings at customer retail locations or events
- Provide education and respond to questions regarding our cheeses, cheese make process, dairy industry, farms, supply chain, etc.
- Actively engage at the retail store level to build relationships, promote sales, monitor Schuman Cheese shelf space and display aesthetics
- Engage and work with existing and potentially new distribution networks / partners to ensure product is on shelf
- Deliver labels or other needed items directly to the store
- Work at a grassroots level to promote and market Schuman cheese and our products
- Generate new leads and opportunities with customers in their respective market
- Partner with regional sales person on sales and marketing related efforts; provide sales related assistance as necessary
- Act as a resource to management team, providing market direction based on in-store customer trends and collected data records.
- Become an expert in the unique characteristics of their respective market. Details include providing local micro trends, regional competition data, the pulse of the local consumer, etc.
Education, Experience, Qualities and Skills Required:
- Degree in Food Science, Dairy Science or Culinary Arts
- Passion for cheese and product line
- Experience working with cheese ideal (Cheesemonger, experience in cheese shop, etc.)
- Good palate (able to distinguish tastes and flavors)
- High energy and creative
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly engaged in learning about our products and the dairy/cheese industry
- Self-driven and ambitious with ability to work independently and autonomously
The company offers a comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k retirement program, paid vacation, holidays and product discount. The culture is fast paced and collaborative. We believe in enhancing everyday eating experiences with the highest quality cheeses. We do so with honesty and integrity, pride in our products, innovation, industry leadership and a commitment to the wellbeing of our family, employees, suppliers, customers and community. We have a passion for cheeses and for bringing top talent into our organization that can share this passion, do great work and enhance our organization.
8/10 – 9/10: Quality Assurance Manager
Are you a food industry or manufacturing professional with top-notch communication skills? Do you thrive in a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment? If you answered “yes” to both of those questions, then you might be the perfect fit for our team: Cypress Grove is hiring for a Quality Assurance (QA) Manager to lead quality assurance efforts across the company.
Great people, free cheese (really!), and serious responsibility. Here’s the nitty gritty:
Your day will consist of overseeing our food safety and quality management systems and working with your fellow grovers to ensure we make the highest quality cheeses possible. You’ll drive continuous improvement efforts in the creamery, take deep dives into technical research and help us to navigate the ever changing food safety landscape. We pride ourselves on the quality of our cheese, and our customers have come to expect the best from Cypress Grove—and we’re all about exceeding their expectations. Join us as our quality champion and help us to stay on the leading edge of quality developments in the great goat world.
But wait, there’s more! Download the Quality Assurance Manager Job Description on our website for a complete list of requirements and duties.
- Hard workers, food lovers, and people with a good heart are encouraged to apply.
- Benefits include medical/dental/vision, LTD/Life, 401(k) and a generous PTO plan.
- Starting wage determined on experience.
Complete the online application form at http://www.cypressgrovechevre.com/employment/quality-assurance-manager.html and attach a cover letter and résumé.
First review of applications August 31st. Applications will be accepted after review date until filled.
8/10 – 9/10: Farm for Sale
45 acre farmstead cheese operation. This is a turn-key operating facility located on the east coast. Located near large metro area with unlimited growth opportunity. Operating successfully over 10 years. Farm includes grazing paddocks with travel lanes; free stall barn holds 117 stalls. Swing 10 Dairy Master parlor; 314,000 gal waste storage. 105 KW auto generator that runs the entire farm and house. 2 year old, 211gal. C Van Reit vat, 36 gal. vat pasteurizer, vacuum sealer, 2 walk ins, 2 commercial refrigerators, 4 ss tables, Aging room with cooling unit and shelving and cheese dollies. Grade A facility, but able to produce raw milk cheeses and pasteurized cheeses.
If you are interested, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
8/5 – 9/5: Assistant Cheesemaker
Looking for an opportunity to learn how to make cheese? This is a unique opportunity to do that at Milwaukee’s first and only creamery! This is a job that could lead to getting your cheesemaking license.
Requires early hours and punctuality, cleanliness, physical fitness, attention to detail and desire to learn new skills. Experience in the food industry helps, but is not required. Must be able to lift 65lbs. consistently throughout the day.
If you are interested, please email resume to email@example.com.
7/31 – 8/31: 100 Gal Cheese Vat
*100 Gal cheese vat in mint condition, only used for 3 seasons. Small foot print 34″ height 36×25″ width & length, perfect for small makeroom. Ready for water or steam hook up. 2″ draining pipe. Comes with custom draining lid. $3600 (includes shipping)
*Used pump with all hoses & clamps. $950
7/31 – 8/31: Cheese Making Equipment For Sale
If you are looking to set up a cheese facility, we have all the equipment to make that possible. Everything in our cheese and caramel making facility is for sale. This includes a Qualtech pasteurizing vat, cheese press, True heated cabinets, drain tables, prep tables, AP Savage caramel vat, various molds and cheese making accessories. Please contact Marie at 860 942-3727 for more information. Pictures are available on request.
7/31 – 8/31: Cheese Monger Wanted NYC
Immediate Need for an experienced Cheesemonger. We are a farmer owned cheese store and specialty food store located in lower Manhattan.
Cheese Monger SUMMARY
To prepare, display and promote our cheeses. Prepare cheese and charcuterie boards for customers. Emphasis in this position is to consistently excellent customer service. Prepare and display, and promote cheese products for maximum daily sales.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Excellent rapport with customers required
- Be the expert in cheese, cheese pairings and cheese accoutrements
- Educate shopper on the cheese selection and cheese profiles
- Help the customer select cheeses tailored to their event.
- Guide customers to select cheeses and meats for cheese boards.
- Curate Cheese case.
- Prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in the cheese department
- Keeps detailed records on product and freshness.
- Ensure product is properly stores and handled for optimal shelf life and product quality
- Promote and encourage sales.
- Compensation will be based on experience. FT position.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
7/5 – 9/5: Farmstead Creamery Cheese Maker/Manager/Marketer
Brand new seasonal creamery at North Branch LLC in Monroe, ME needs a cheesemaker/manager/marker. We are currently set up to produce hard, cave-aged cheeses for local and mail-order wholesale from our grass-fed herd of 11 and growing cows.
We are looking for someone with at least moderate cheesemaking experience, with a possibility for some onsite training.
Depending on experience, starting out hourly, moving towards commision. Housing could be part of compensation.
Less than full-time, 25-30hrs during milking season (april thru November) less during the off season. Possibility of other farm work to bring up to full time if mutually beneficial
North Branch Farm
122 Stream Rd
Monroe, ME 04951
6/20 – 9/20: Cheesemonger
Caputo Cheese Market, with locations in Melrose Park and Lake Forest, IL. is seeking all levels of cheesemongers to join our team. Caputo Cheese Market offers over 1000 cheeses to consumers as well as a full deli, bakery, grocery and meat department. Caputo Cheese Market is open to the public 7 days a week. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greet customers, engage customers, provide highest level of customer service.
- Stock grocery shelves.
- Cut, wrap and price cheese.
- Slice, package and price deli meats.
- Prepare various deli salads and sandwiches.
- Check code dates on products. Rotate products to ensure a fresh display by removing out-of-date products.
- Prepare and serve restaurant and cafe food and drink such as sandwiches, coffee, tea, baked goods, etc.
- Cleaning and sanitizing deli cases as well as retail floor. Sweeping, mopping, cleaning or clearing of tables. Garbage removal.
- Sample product. Highlight, display and merchandise cheese products.
- Follow and comply with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all Grocery equipment in a safe and proper manner.
Caputo Cheese Market team member must be at least 17 years old and have good communication skills. In a fast paced environment, each team member must be willing to engage multiple customers and transition to multiple departments at all times. Team members sometimes are required to lift boxes that could weigh up to 50 lbs. Be punctual and be willing to work.
Starting hourly pay at $15/hr. Advancement to management level is available and expected.
Contact Morgan LaPorte, Human Resources at email@example.com.