American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-2788.
6/18/15 – Beecher’s Handmade Cheese Wholesale Logistics and Inventory Associate
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese has been producing award winning, hand-crafted cheese since 2003 using only the purest ingredients and artisanal methods.
We are looking for a full time, support person who is passionate for pure, all natural food, a love of food and a drive to excel, to assist with sales of Beecher’s Cheese’s and our lines of specialty foods.
- Act as main point of contact for Customer Orders
- Coordinating with 3rd party warehouses and vendors to assure all products are shipped on time and received in perfect condition
- Respond quickly and appropriately to requests for customer service and assistance
- To constantly and consistently exceed the needs of our customers
- To be an integral part of and provide support to the sales team, convey easily and quickly any messages
- To communicate with Sales team, work in fast paced environment, work independently and on a team
- Assisting Sales team with projects as needed
- Manage Sales Support materials and samples
- Data entry
- Have at least two years quality customer service experience
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing
- Must be able to handle rapidly shifting priorities
- Accuracy and attention to detail, to be highly organized, focused and confident
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office with a focus on Excel
- Must have a keen sense of urgency
- Salary – DOE
- Full benefits
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is part of the Sugar Mountain family and is committed to pure, all-natural foods. In keeping with our commitment to pure food, Sugar Mountain companies contribute 1% of all sales to the Pure Food Kids Foundation, founded by Beecher’s in 2004.
8/17/15 – Looking for Artisan Cheesemaker
If “look into kosher” been on your to-do list. And you have an award winning product. Perhaps we may be able to help each other out. Muncle Arks Gourmet was set up to provide “Kosher runs” of award-winning cheeses to a large group of Kosher foodies. With only our first product sold we have over 300 consumers that are looking for kosher gourmet products, and cost does not seem to be an issue to them. If you make between 500 and 2000 pounds of cheese on a daily basis, we should talk. If it turns out that your product can be made Kosher, I have a customer base that wants more product. I am happy to do the leg work if you are open to the idea. If this sounds interesting please email me at Munclearks@gmail.com
8/11/15 – Part Time Help Wanted for Artisan Cheese Company
Part Time Help Wanted for a growing Artisan Cheese Company in Brooklyn, CT. Currently, we hand craft fresh and aged cow and goat cheese.
2 Positions Available:
Part time Cheese Maker, must be experienced.
Part time sales help with farmers markets (summer and winter), help with the farm store and processing of cheese.
If you are interested in a position, please call Julie at 516-815-5900.
8/11/15 – ALPMA: Technology for Processing, Cheese-Making, Cutting, Packaging
8/11/15 – 5 Spoke Creamery is Hiring – National Sales Manager
If you have a proven track record of developing long-term relationships with high-level buyers in foodservice and retail and care about great cheese and sustainability – you might be the senior sales executive 5 Spoke Creamery is seeking.
5 Spoke Creamery, producers of grass-fed, raw milk cheeses from our own herd of Ayshire cows in Goshen, NY, is looking for an experienced and passionate sales manager to grow and evolve our already considerable retail and food service business.
This position reports directly to the owner and will be an integral part of our expanding business. We have an agressive growth objective for the next 12 to 18 months; subsequent sales targets year over year will be developed with input from the sales
manager. The sales manager will work remotely and on the road, with visits to our creamery only one hour north of New York City.
- Bring in, grow and work with large regional and national food distributors and specialty retail chains
- Develop relationships with key buyers.
- Establish and maintain exceptional business relationships with existing customers.
- Grow and develop a regional/national sales team to meet agreed upon sales targets
- Represent 5 Spoke Creamery at key trade shows and events.
- Leverage creamery and farm in Goshen, NY to drive sales and relationship building.
- 5+ years sales experience in specialty food industry.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets for distributors, both retail and foodservice business.
- Superior oral and written communication, presentation, follow-up, negotiation and closing skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, including database management and record keeping.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as member of Creamery team.
- High level of cheese knowledge critical.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required in a remotely based position.
5 Spoke Creamery is a producer of grass-fed, raw milk cheeses from our own herd of Ayeshire cows in Goshen, NY, only one hour north of New York City. In less than 8 years, 5 Spoke Creamery has developed a reputation for outstanding farmstead cheeses. And now, 5 Spoke Creamery is 100% solar powered, which allows us to expand our cheese making capacity without increasing our environmental footprint. To learn more about our solar powered farm, click here: http://bit.ly/1QfqruF
5 Spoke Creamery’s cheeses are sold at specialty retailers across the country and are found on the menus of some of the best restaurants from New York to California. 5 Spoke Creamery was born from our owner’s (Alan Glustoff) passion for small-batch, European raw milk cheeses; our name reflects his passion for bicycling. 5 Spoke Creamery is more than a business; it is the embodiment of Alan’s belief that balance is the key to a healthy lifestyle. At 5 Spoke Creamery, a balanced life includes eating wonderful cheese, being physically active and professionally fulfilled. For more information, visit us at www.5spokecreamery.com.
We offer a highly competitive financial package, including health benefits and 401k plan for the right candidate.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
8/10/15 – Cheesemaker
About The Organization
The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 25,000+ acres on more than 100 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 40,000 members.
Founded in 1638, Appleton Farms is the oldest continuously operating farm in America. In 1998, the Appleton family donated the 1,000-acre farm to The Trustees of Reservations, a leading land conservation organization in Massachusetts. Now a flagship agricultural property for The Trustees, Appleton Farms is home to pasture-raised dairy and beef herds, a 650 share community-supported agriculture program, hundreds of acres of pastures and forest, and volunteer- and staff-led programs that educate the public about small scale, sustainable agriculture.
The Cheese Maker (CM) at Appleton Farms is a key member of the farm’s full-time staff. The CM reports to the Property Superintendent and must work closely with other employees of the farm staff and The Trustees of Reservations. The position’s work schedule is variable, may include work on weekends and holidays, and is based on an average 5 day work week.
- Assist in development and management of the annual cheese plant budget and operate within that budget.
- Develop product recipes, as needed, and operate all processing equipment to pasteurize and produce dairy products from Appleton Farms raw milk.
- Employ best-practices and procedures for the dairy to ensure regulatory compliance, food safety, employee safety, product quality, efficiency, and cost control.
- Develop and ensure compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of the operation.
- Supervise any part-time assistant cheese makers and volunteers.
- Ensure accurate record keeping that meets management goals and regulations.
- Cut, wrap, pack, label and prepare dairy products for sale and shipping.
- Support TTOR efforts to make Appleton a carbon-neutral facility by minimizing energy consumption wherever feasible.
- Work closely with our Engagement Manager and Farm Educator to provide support for farm programming and tours.
- Collaborate/network with other value-added dairy operations, cheese makers and farms to share best practices.
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
The CM must have at least 3 years of experience in pasteurization and dairy processing and 2-4 years of cheese-making experience (including fresh cheeses; soft, ripened cheeses; and aged cheeses). Knowledge of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point Compliance is preferred, certification is a plus. The CM should have a thorough understanding of regulatory laws and responsibilities related to processing, filling, and general facility standards. Understanding of budgeting, cost control, and federal milk reporting requirements is important. A valid driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record is required. The ability to work on repetitive tasks with speed and accuracy and a willingness to adhere to the strictest level of hygiene is critical. The CM must be in good physical health and be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds. The CM must possess and display an appreciation for the rich agricultural and cultural history of Appleton Farms. A positive attitude, team-oriented, flexible approach and a commitment to achieving the goals Appleton Farms and The Trustees of Reservations are a key part of the job.
Benefits and Salary
The Trustees offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, vacation, sick and personal time, as well as the option to participate in our 401(k) savings plan. We also offer the opportunity to be part of a dedicated team across the Commonwealth who love the outdoors, who love the distinctive charms of New England, and who believe in celebrating and protecting our special places, for everyone, forever.
In addition to being an Equal Opportunity Employer, The Trustees of Reservations aim to create a thriving, inclusive workplace that values each member of our team. We aspire to reflect and effectively serve the residents and communities of Massachusetts who are at the core of our mission.
8/10/15 – Plant Manager, Artisan Cheese
Description: Our client is an award winning, leading specialty cheese company located in beautiful Northern California. This is a retained search for a Plant Manager, who will replace the transferring incumbent Plant Manager. We seek an experienced leader who will supervise four managers and a small dedicated team of cheese makers. This company has been operating for over 35 years
Responsibilities: Manage day to day operations from milk delivery, curd production, ageing, packaging to shipping. The Plant Manager manages budgets, makes recommendations for process improvements, tracks and reports production information, maintains quality assurance standards. We see a “Hands On” Plant Manager with solid plant floor management and coaching skills.
Requirements: Five plus years cheese making experience with ten years manufacturing and management experience. Excellent communication skills ability to lead multi-culture work force. Spanish language skills are a plus. Ability to adjust to European management culture. Reports to US based General Manager.
Compensation: Excellent Compensation, bonus, health benefits and relocation package.
If you are interested in this position please contact, Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8/10/15 – Assistant Cheesemaker Position at Boxcarr Handmade Cheese
We are a young cheese company based in Cedar Grove, North Carolina, crafting Italian-inspired, mixed-milk artisanal cheeses. We’re pretty low-key, but still results-oriented and hardworking. We enjoy and value craftsmanship, honesty, quality goods, animals, family, wine, and humor. You can read more about our story at www.BoxcarrHandmadeCheese.com.
We are looking to fill a vacancy for a Part- to Full-time Assistant Cheesemaker position. This job offers the potential to grow into an Advanced Cheesemaker position as our company matures.
Please send questions, letters of introduction, and resumes to email@example.com.
Applicants should possess the following
- A passion for cheese and a desire to pursue cheese-making as a career.
- Experience with food-handling or production. Previous experience as a cheese-maker is not required.
- A positive attitude and the ability to work well with other employees.
- A strong grasp of sanitation and ability to observe good-manufacturing practices.
- Dedication to producing a superior product.
- The ability to observe correct guidelines when handling chemicals.
- The ability to lift 50 lbs without strain or injury, and to stand for extended periods of time.
- A reliable means of arriving to work on time.
- Assistant Cheesemaker Position Responsibilities
Assist in production of cheeses
- Brine cheeses
- Maintain health of brines
- Oversee pasteurization
- Oversee the cheese-make
- Assist in aging of cheeses
- Assist in wrapping and packaging of cheeses
- Assist in maintenance of all written and digital record-keeping and testing
- Handle the reception of milk deliveries
- Maintain a clean workspace and operate in accordance with standard good manufacturing practices.
- Perform basic maintenance on facility equipment and tools; monitor all equipment and tools to ensure that they are functioning as expected.
- Assumes responsibility for daily sanitation and cleaning of processing facility and directly related equipment
7/16/15 – Heyday Farm – Dairy & Creamery Assistant
Heyday Farm is a family-run 25-acre sustainable and historic farm on Bainbridge Island. In addition to championing and growing local food, our focus is on building community and educating. By respecting the environment and its limits, we grow food of the highest integrity, taste and quality. Our name comes from our commitment to increase our collective nourishment just as farms did back in their heydays.
Our Employees: We hire people who love good food, have integrity, work hard, communicate well, are curious, attentive and sensitive to the needs of others (people and animals), have a sense of humor and are fun to be around.
Position Description: The Dairy Assistant assists with the facility and equipment cleaning, care, feeding, milking and pasturing of a small herd of dairy cattle and provides cheese making support.
- Familiarity and compliance with all safety, cleaning and regulatory requirements (including Good Agricultural Practices (GAPS) and food safety requirements) for our farming operation
- Clear record keeping in accordance to farm manager specifications
- Advising farm managers about any issues with the facility, equipment or animals in a timely way
- Helping to develop and improve systems to make the operation run more effectively
- Practicing effective animal handling that promotes healthy, calm and
- Support in administering medicine and routine health care for animals
Compensation: The position will be 40 plus hours per week. Pay will be dependent on experience.
Experience: Professional experience on a farm or dairy (especially with cattle) or with animal handling is desired. Someone with experience in a home setting or in a 4H program would also be considered. Experience with dairy safety regulations or cheese making is desired.
Physical Demands: While the dairy has automatic milking and the latest technology, this position is physically demanding and requires strength and the ability to climb, crouch, lift and carry a minimum of 30 lbs.
Housing: Onsite housing is available for rent.
To Apply: Please consider carefully if this position is a good fit for you. Farming is hard work and requires meticulous attention to detail, stamina and complete reliability. We also spend time training and helping our staff become a strong team. We want people who will stick with us. After careful consideration if the position is a good fit, please answer the application questions in the body of an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. No attachments please.
Process: We plan to hire someone in the next six weeks. We’ll review applicant information and contact those that meet our requirements. We will only respond to those who submit complete applications. For those that do, we will let you know if we’d like to do a phone interview. For those that seem like good candidates, we will also arrange an in-person interview.
- What is your contact information and the best way to reach you?
- Where are you currently living?
- Why do you want to work on a farm?
- What makes you suitable for this position?
- What are your long-term goals?
- What were your last 4 jobs, dates of employment, why you took the job, what you contributed and gained while there and the circumstances and why you left?
- Do you want to live in our onsite housing and do you have any extenuating needs related to housing? More than one car? A pet? A family?
- What are your skills and experience related to meticulous attention to detail?
- What are your skills and experience related to strong organization?
- What are your skills and experience related to repair and maintenance?
- What are your skills and experience related to hard work?
- What makes you a good leader and/or team member?
7/16/15 – Assistant Cheesemaker at Farmstead Dairy
MOUNTAIN LODGE FARM, LLC is seeking a fulltime assistant cheesemaker for our established farmstead creamery operation. We are a small artisan dairy located 1 ½ hours south of Seattle in the foothills of Mt. Rainier. We make a variety of cheeses (both raw and aged) from the milk of our Nigerian Dwarf/La Mancha goats and some local Jersey cow milk as well. Our goal is to make exquisite cheese that reflects the high quality of our milk and the seasonality and sense of place of our farm in the Pacific Northwest. We have had our dairy license since 2012 and currently make about 10,000 pounds of cheese a year. We are looking for an assistant cheesemaker this year with the potential to grow and advance in the coming years.
- Some cheesemaking experience, though we will train the right person
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Calm, cheerful demeanor
- Passion for pursuing artisan cheesemaking as a career
- Flexibility: farm work is challenging and requires ability to roll with Mother Nature’s punches
- Cheesemaking and affinage
- Milk quality monitoring
- Support sales and marketing of products
- Cleaning according to Master Sanitation Schedule
- Assist with daily HACCP record keeping
- Understand and obey current Federal and State licensing and regulatory requirements
- Assist with animals and other farm duties as time allows (training provided and varies seasonally)
COMPENSATION: Salary depends on experience. Health insurance available after 3 month probation. On farm housing may be available.
APPLY: Please review our website for further information (www.mountainlodgefarm.com). Please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com. Further questions can be emailed to Meghan@mountainlodgefarm.com.
7/14/15 – Mell’s Cheese – Cheese Specialists
Mell’s Cheese is a new artisan cheese shop and wine bar opening soon in the LoHi area of Denver. Mell’s will serve meat and cheese plates, sandwiches, salads, small plates, rotating wines by the glass and craft beer.
We are looking for friendly, outgoing and dependable team players that share our passion for food and wine. We are currently filling PT positions for Cheese Specialists.
As a Cheese Specialist, you will be responsible for actively engaging and educating guests about Mell’s variety of cheeses and meats to include their places of origin, production techniques and flavor profiles. The Cheese Specialist will also be responsible for light food preparation for cheese/meat plates, sandwiches, salads, small plates and desserts. The job requirements for a Cheese Specialist are as follows:
- Taste three or more Mell’s Cheese products per day in order to make product recommendations
- Proactive guest service: ongoing conversations and tasting with guests
- Ensure consistently fully stocked, fresh, signed, rotated product selection
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained
- Prepare both hot and cold food items, wash dishes, and perform similar tasks as needed
- Ability to work 10+ hour shifts as well as stand or walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Obtain a TIPS certification within 30 days of employment
If you meet the above requirements and are interested in joining the Mell’s Cheese team, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be contacted for an interview. We look forward to hearing from you!
7/10/15 – Old Chatham Sheepherding Company Position Announcement: Lead Cheesemaker
Old Chatham Sheepherding Company founded in 1993 is one of the largest producer of sheep’s milk yogurt and cheeses in the United States. Today, the business is known for its award winning camembert, blue cheese, and traditional cup-set yogurt. To continue a tradition of excellence, Old Chatham Sheepherding Company is looking for an experienced, lead cheesemaker to join a talented, passionate team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (responsibilities maybe adjusted to reflect experiences and interests)
- Ensure compliance with NYS Agriculture and Markets and FDA Guidelines.
- Assist with annual review HACCP programs.
- Oversee and maintain successful pre-requisite programs (Good Manufacturing Practices, SSOPs, etc.).
- Lead environmental sampling plan, e.g. Listeria spp.
- Work closely with sales team to plan and execute production schedule.
- Manage daily production of cheese and yogurt, delivering products with uncompromised quality, for all products: Bloomy rind cheeses, yogurt line, Blue cheeses
- Manage staff and schedule/assign daily tasks.
- Manage accurate and complete laboratory testing and records (e.g., antibiotic testing, raw milk aerobic plate counts, SCC, coliforms, moisture content).
- Manage accurate and organized production records.Pasteurization charts / Batch information (e.g., time, temperature, pH, brining records, affinage records)
- Manage purchasing and use of raw materials and ingredients.
Research and Development
- Research and implement new procedures and/or equipment to enhance cheese and/or yogurt quality.
- Develop new cheeses and other dairy products using sheep and cow milk.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will be a working manager position; including hands on cheese & yogurt making and direct supervisory responsibilities for the daily creamery operations.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a dairy food environment; understanding of raw milk quality, dairy microbiology and dairy chemistry; experience with production of artisan cheeses; practical knowledge of food safety and GMPs; demonstrated ability to work with and lead dynamic team; passion for producing the highest quality dairy products.
FUTURE: A new creamery is being planned to accommodate the current product lines along with new cheeses and other dairy sheep and cow milk products. Growth of the business is a core principle.
COMPENSATION: Salary package including health insurance will reflect experiences and skill sets.
APPLY: Submit resume and three references to: Old Chatham Sheepherding Company, P.O. Box 184, Old Chatham, NY 12136; for more information, contact David Galton, co-owner – cell: 315-246-4572; email: email@example.com
7/7/15 – Help Wanted! Center Street Gourmet Wine and Cheese Shop
Fantastic opportunity for the wine and cheese enthusiast! Opening in July is an innovative, dynamic, fun place to work as well as becoming a part of the Historic Manassas District family. Center Street Gourmet Wine and Cheese Shop will have a wine tasting bar and cheese sampling area. We will also carry a great variety of gourmet staples to include jellies, honey, nuts, breads, charcuterie, tea, coffee, olive oil, and much, much more! This will be the newest destination location in Manassas and we would love for you to join our team in sharing this exciting time!
Store hours are Tues-Thurs 11:00-8:00, Fri-Sat 11:00-9:00, and Sun 11:00-7:00.
- 18+ years old
- Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Possess a desire to gain knowledge of wine, cheese, gourmet beer, and able to pair wine or beer with cheese, chocolate, and gourmet foods. Experience in these areas a plus.
- You must be hard working, team-oriented, friendly, honest, and have great customer skills.
- You must have a great attitude and the desire to work.
- Most importantly, the customer is the focus. It is to always be about providing a wonderful experience for all customers.
- Flexible Hours…This is a part-time position so we are able to provide a flexible work schedule. However, there will be times where we will need all employees available during special events and peak hours.
- Competitive Pay…Along with a competitive paycheck, you will work in a nurturing environment where you will learn valuable skills.
- Offer friendly service
- Excel in performing all tasks to include: corking wine bottles, wine pouring, assembling cheese plates, bussing tables and bar area, stocking shelves, cashier.
- Maintain accurate service, ensure an excellent customer experience, and make sure all products are prepared consistently with defined standards.
- Make sure the restaurant is up to defined standard with regards to cleanliness, neatness, and customer accessibility.
- Work as a team player and support other employees to complete their tasks.
- Complete all other duties assigned as necessary.
- 1-2 years of experience in a food service or retail environment
- Must have a great attitude and the desire to work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic math
- The ability to be flexible and adapt to any situation
- Must be able to operate a Point of Sale system register
7/7/15 – Artisan/Farmstead Cheesemaker
Since 1996 Samish Bay Cheese has been making organic farmstead cheese at our dairy farm in Bow, Washington. We make Goudas, Cheddars, and a unique selection of fresh cheeses, including our ACS award winning Ladysmith, from our small herd of Milking Shorthorn cows. We also make yogurt and kefir, raise pigs on our whey and sell beef and pork. We sell on site, at farmers markets, and wholesale in the Northwest.
As we prepare to construct a new 3000 sq. ft. production and aging facility on the farm this Summer/Fall, we are hiring for two positions: an experienced Cheesemaker to work with our Senior Cheesemaker; and a Production Assistant/Trainee.
Applicants should have a strong sense of sanitation and good manufacturing practices and be dedicated to high quality standards.
Applications can be found on our website: www.samishbay.com/jobs or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Roger or Suzanne Wechsler at 360-766-6707.
6/26/15 – Cheese Specialist — Publix Super Markets
Because you have a passion for people, you’ll love working at Publix! We’re in the business of pleasing people and our associates are so engaged with our customers that Publix is the industry leader in customer satisfaction. Their engaging personalities are also one reason that, for 18 consecutive years, Publix has been honored as one of FORTUNE magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For.” Bring YOUR passion for people to the Cheese Specialist position in the Palm Beach, FL area. You’ll have the chance to share your smile with a lot of people!
Come join a company that has built its reputation on providing premier customer service. For years, Publix has been the top-ranking supermarket chain in the nation on the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Come join a company that treats associates as family. Thanks to our founder, George Jenkins, all eligible associates are shareholders in Publix. Our annual survey of associates shows strong job satisfaction. Many in our family stay with us for more than 20 years.
Come join a company whose continual growth provides ongoing opportunities for advancing your career. Publix has 170,000 associates, more than 1,100 stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, and continually opens new stores. Our support system of manufacturing plants, distribution centers and corporate offices are expanding to serve that growth.
Come join a company that is financially sound, ethically strong and committed to diversity in all respects.
- Assists Customers and provides premier customer service
- Provides superior salesmanship to customers in the artisan cheese area
- Uses in-depth product expertise to make recommendations to customers based on observation and information provided by customers
- Describes cheese characteristics to customers, including age, region, type, taste description
- Assists in setting up demonstrations
- Maintains proper inventory balance and effective replenishment in artisan cheese area
- Follows proper procedures and works efficiently to optimize productivity
- Maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness, food safety and sanitation.
- At least 18 years old
- Previous experience as a Cheese Specialist or Deli Clerk or equivalent experience
Other qualifications for the position of Cheese Specialist include:
- Ability to deliver friendly and courteous customer service
- Three to five years exposure to a wide cheese selection
- Extensive knowledge of cheese products
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- Advanced selling skills
- Ability to read, write and do simple math problem
Compensation: Minimum hourly rate: $10.95 & Maximum hourly rate: $16.00
Work Location: Publix on Palm Beach (135 Bradley Place, Palm Beach, FL 33480)
- Come join a company that offers benefits to help you grow financially. Publix offers the following to all eligible associates:
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health (with prescription benefits)/ Dental and Vision Plan
- Sick pay/ Long-term disability pay / Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement /Vacation pay / Paycheck direct deposit option
- Credit union / Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.For more information about our company, go to publix.jobs
To apply for this position, you MUST go to a Publix store in Palm Beach, FL. Then look for the Job Application Center, an automated touch-screen system. Because the Cheese Specialist position is in a limited number of stores, please indicate “Deli Clerk” as the position in which you are interested. Managers at that store and stores in the surrounding area will have access to your application. You will be contacted if one of those managers believes your skills, experience and availability match a current opening.
6/25/15 – Seeking Goat Herdsman Trainee
Goat Rodeo Farm and Dairy is a 130 acre farm located 30 minutes north of Pittsburgh, PA. We are in our first year of production milking a herd of 50 goats and planning to grow to 100 milkers. We are committed to efficient, excellent care of our goat herd. We need the highest quality milk possible to supply our on-farm cheesemaking.
The Goat Herdsman Trainee would be expected to learn to perform the following duties: milking, feeding, moving hay, operating a skid steer and tractor, manage kidding season, keeping barn, milk house, and parlor clean, manage breeding season including handling the bucks, administer herd health including hoof trimming, vaccination, worming, and identify and treat sick goats, small repairs, maintenance, and small basic construction projects.
The Goat Herdsman Trainee should have the following qualifications:
prior farm animal experience,
- able to lift and carry 50 lbs
- committed to local food and agriculture
- works well on a team
- prepared to grow with us
We offer the following compensation:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 6 paid holidays
- 1 week paid vacation after one year of service
- five and one half day work week
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com
6/24/15 – Marketing and Administrative Support
Busy San Francisco Specialty Food Broker seeks motivated individual to provide Marketing and Administrative Support. Be a part of an energetic workplace team of dedicated food professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to launch your career in marketing or specialty foods.
Must love food and be skilled in Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of QuickBooks and Adobe a plus! Must be an organized self-starter as well as friendly and professional. Multi taskers are encouraged!
Salary DOE. Full time, Monday to Friday 9am-5pm, in San Francisco.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
6/18/15 – Beecher’s Handmade Cheese East Coast/Mid-West Regional Sales Representative
Beecher’s is growing again! We are looking for a full time, Regional Sales rep who has a passion for foods free of artificial ingredients and a love of artisan cheeses. This position will be based in Manhattan and will assist with sales for Beecher’s Handmade Cheese on the East Coast and the Mid-West.
Founded in 2003, Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is an urban cheesemaker operating out of Seattle’s Pike Place Market and New York City’s Flatiron District. Visitors to Beecher’s glass-walled cheesemaking kitchens witness first- hand the crafting of their signature favorite, Flagship cheese, as well as many of the other award-winning cheeses Beecher’s has to offer. Everything produced by Beecher’s, from the handcrafted cheeses to the delicious side dishes and crackers, is free of artificial preservatives, coloring, and flavor enhancers.
This job will include:
- Working with the National Director of Sales to build relationships with retailers, food service and distributors
- Identifying and attending public and trade events appropriate to both brands, and sampling / promoting products at these events
- Have at least two years outside sales experience, preferably in the East Coast & Mid-West markets
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
- Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
- Be located in the greater New York Metro area
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and availability to travel out of state
- Have a passion for authentic foods free of artificial preservatives, colorings, and flavor enhancers, and for selling these types of quality, wholesome products
Please provide cover letter and resume though the following link: https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6959&jid=220157
This is a non-commission Sales position. Salary – DOE & Full benefits
Beecher’s is part of the Sugar Mountain family of businesses whose mission is to “Change the Way America Eats.” To that end, one percent of all sales is donated to the Beecher’s Pure Food Kids Foundation (www.purefoodkids.org), founded by Beecher’s in 2004, empowering kids to make healthy food choices for life.