American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
For only $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members, you can post your classified ad here, where it will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as the general public who visit this website daily.
5/15/13 - Cheese Maker Wanted
We are a farmstead cheese making operation and creamery located on hour south of St. Louis. We are currently seeking a motivated cheese maker to join our team. We have been in operation since 2007 and have won over 50 national and international awards for our cheese. We are seeking someone to join our team with a passion and enthusiasm committed to high quality and excellence.
Prior cheese making experience prefered, and experience with rigorous dairy sanitation and HAACP procedures. We do offer training to motivated individuals with a culinary background. We specialize in French style cheeses and work with both sheep and goat milk. These products are sold at area retail locations, shipped to many cheese shops nationwide and distributed in the Chicago metro area, and at farmers markets. We would expect the successful candidate work at farmers markets during the market season, assist in cheesemaking duties, packaging of product, work in aging rooms, help with general cleanup and be open to assist in the dairy parlor milking. Ideal candidate must be organized, and work well in an intimate space; considers oneself a team player and have strong collaboration skills; gets along well with coworkers – is positive and enthusiastic, even under pressure. There must be attention to neatness.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume with three references, and explain your interest in this position, including the specific experience/traits you would bring to the job, and your salary goals.
5/9/13 - Cheese Specialist
Publix has a lot to offer, including stability and a reputation for excellence:
• We’ve never had a layoff in 78 years.
• We are growing while other companies are downsizing, going bankrupt, or closing. We not only keep opening new stores of our own; we also purchased 49 Albertsons stores in 2008 to convert to Publix stores.
• For many years, Fortune magazine has chosen us as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America. We are one of only 13 companies that have been on that list each year since its inception in 1998.
• Publix also consistently ranks number one in the supermarket industry in meeting customer needs, according to the American Customer Satisfaction Index.
A Cheese Specialist is responsible for being the product expert relating to artisan cheeses in the Deli department. This includes actively selling products to customers and providing recommendations based on discussions with customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
In addition to the shared basic responsibilities of all Publix associates, a Cheese Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following. A Cheese Specialist
•works with Deli Manager to set goals and improve cheese sales
•provides exceptional service and superior salesmanship to customers in artisan cheese area
•assists customers and delivers premier customer service
•dynamically sells product through the following:
•actively sells artisan cheeses to customers using personalized, specialized customer service
•actively approaches and remains accessible to customers in artisan cheese area to engage customers and uses suggestive selling to persuade them to try new products
•uses in-depth product expertise to make recommendations to customers based on observation and information provided by customer
•describes cheese characteristics to customers, including age, region, type, taste description, etc.
•responds to customers’ questions and provides them with information needed to make product-related decisions
•orders and maintains proper amount of product for the department
•merchandises product in cheese area according to Deli Manager’s instruction
•cross-merchandises cheese with other products and areas (for example, wine, produce, etc.)
•maintains status as cheese expert
•assists in setting up product demonstrations
•assists with training other associates, as needed
•maintains Publix’s high standards for product freshness, food safety, and sanitation and
•assists in other duties as assigned.
By performing the above duties and responsibilities as expected, a Cheese Specialist successfully contributes to the success of Publix’s strategy in terms of:
•providing premier service
•producing and maintaining quality products
•merchandising products to solve customers’ shopping needs and
•dynamically selling products.
Compensation – $10.35 – $15.75 an hour
Qualifed candidates should email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our location in Mobile, AL for more information.
Publix is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce.
Hillwood Shopping Center, 2370 Hillcrest Rd, Mobile, AL, 36695
5/7/13 - Next Generation Farm Ownership Opportunity Dairy/Cheese/Composting Farm Business
Opportunity: The owner of a diversified dairy/cheese/composting farm business in central Massachusetts is willing to provide a “young entrepreneur” with the opportunity to be the next generation owner. Well established markets are in place for both the cheese and the compost. The owner is willing to consider owner financing toward the ultimate purchase.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to transition from worker, to manager to owner from all aspects of business operations. The candidate can be an individual or could be a couple.
For Questions: Please email Dave @ email@example.com
Additional Information can be found at: https://www.farmcrediteast.com/Knowledge-Exchange/Member-News/20120530-Farm-Ownership.aspx
5/6/13 - Cheese Vat for Sale
Dairy Heritage 1000 Lb. vat for sale. Lift off agitators, low sheer agitation, no corner stirring, variable speed control. Recirculating hot water heat, 304 stainless steel. Used for two seasons (7 months) two to three times per week. Includes cheese knives. Excellent condition. $13800.
Noritz condensing tankless gas water heater with all associated copper piping, pumps, gauges and mixers. Allows precision temperature control. Used with above vat; will sell as complete package with vat. System designed by Neville Mc Naughton, Cheezsorce.
Complete package $16000. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/1/13 - Office Manager-HR Manager
OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY
The Department of Food Science and Technology seeks applications for a Cheese Pilot Plant Manager. This will be a part-time (0.60 FTE), 12-month, fixed-term professional faculty position.
The Cheese Pilot Plant Manager (CPPM) will manage the Dairy Pilot Plant with responsibility for the production of cheeses within the Beaver Classic brand.
The CPPM trains and supervises students in developing new cheese types, as well as producing, aging, packaging, and selling the Oregon State University (OSU) cheese(s). The CPPM manages activities within the Dairy Pilot Plant and is responsible for the production and facility being operated in a manner that fulfills Oregon Department of Agriculture (ODA) and US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requirements.
The CPPM will supervise the sale and distribution of the cheeses in collaboration with the cheese management team. Cheese sales will take place at special events such as OSU football games, as well as on-campus sales and by filling on-line orders. Some work requires irregular hours.
- 65% Oversee the development and processing of one or more cheeses and ensure plant and equipment maintenance. The duties include optimization of cheese recipe, processing parameters, and aging procedures; development of food safety plans for the OSU cheese process including Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP), Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP); maintenance of the cleaning and sanitation system such as foot foamers, sanitizer hoses, and environmental foam unit; maintenance of required records and preparation of reports, as needed; and development and maintenance of ongoing and expanded sales initiatives.
- 5% Independently order ingredients, supplies, and equipment to ensure effective operation of the Dairy Pilot Plant. Will drive to dairy to pick up milk one to two times per week.
- 5% Maintain the Dairy Pilot Plant in a condition that satisfies licensing requirements by the ODA and FDA.
- 5% Assist with dairy short courses by sanitizing cheese vats, pasteurizing milk, and adding starter cultures. This includes Extension classes and, in the future, OSU “for credit” classes.
- 20% Supervise student employees in developing, producing and selling cheese. This includes planning, assigning and approving work, disciplining/rewarding and hiring/firing or effectively recommending such action.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Food Science, Animal Science (Dairy Manufacturing), Microbiology, or related field
- Practical cheese making experience.
- Experience in practical application of food safety systems.
- Familiar with dairy licensing and regulatory requirements.
- Skilled in processing equipment maintenance and repair.
- Work and communicate well with students.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal.
- Effective customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Able to prioritize and complete assigned multiple tasks and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Possess or obtain Vat Pasteurizer, Bulk Milk Hauler-sampler-grader and Appendix N Industry Supervisor licenses/certifications within one month of hire.
- Work as part of a team and show a willingness to promote teamwork.
- Work irregular hours.
- Lift and carry items weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Push/pull items weighing 50-100 lbs.
This position requires driving a University vehicle or a personal vehicle on behalf of the University; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Motor Vehicle History Check, possess and maintain a current, valid driver’s license in their state of residence, be determined to be position qualified and self-report convictions (as per Voluntary and Compulsory Driver Standards OAR 125-155-0200) as per OAR 576-056-0000 et seq.
This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a Criminal History Check and be determined to be position qualified as per OAR 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in Youth Programs may have additional Criminal History Checks every 24 months.
- Master of Science degree related to Food Science, Animal Science (Dairy Manufacturing), or Microbiology.
- Experience in operating a university dairy plant.
- Experience in production of specialty cheeses.
- Experience in training students and extension clients in cheese production.
- Experience in teaching.
- A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
To review posting and apply, go to online site http://oregonstate.edu/jobs/ for job posting #0010628. This posting opens on 04/26/2013. The recruitment closes 07/26/2013. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 05/10/2013. Applications will continue to be accepted after the full consideration date, until the position is filled. The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A resume/CV that includes the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone contact numbers (Upload as ‘Other Document’ if not included with your resume/vitae).
2) A cover letter explaining your interest for this job including how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
Applications accepted through on-line site only. For additional information please contact: Lisbeth Goddik; email@example.com; 541-737-8322.
Oregon State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
4/25/13 - Affinage & Cheesemaking Consultant
CHEESE MAKERS – Having difficulty with the aging of your cheese or would you like to develop a plan for making a natural rind?
RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, and IMPORTERS – Would you like to improve the storage of your cheese in your store or warehouse? Or are you simply curious about what affinage is and can do for you?
Michael Kalish of Third Wheel Cheese Consulting is hitting the road to travel across the United States this summer from May to September, 2013. If you would like to have Michael stop by the farm, warehouse, or store, Third Wheel Cheese would be happy to customize the perfect consulting/educational program for you.
HACCP planning and writing is also available. Visit Michael Kalish on LinkedIn or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibility of having a special summer visit.
4/15/13 - Cheese Maker Wanted
Shatto Milk Company is hiring a cheese maker!
We are an on farm bottling and farmstead cheese making operation located here in the Kansas City area. We are currently seeking a motivated cheese maker to join our team. We are celebrating our tenth anniversary this year and over that period of time have been fortunate to have received many local, state and national awards for our milk, cheese and butter products. We are seeking someone to join our team with that same commitment to quality and excellence.
We’re seeking a career-oriented individual with prior cheese making experience, and experience with rigorous dairy sanitation and HAACP procedures. We are currently making both fresh cheese curd products along with other aged cheeses. These products are sold at our farm store, at area retail locations and at farmers markets. We would expect the successful candidate to join us at farmers markets during the market season. Ideal candidate must be organized, and work well in an intimate space; considers oneself a team player and have strong collaboration skills; gets along well with coworkers – is positive and enthusiastic, even under pressure.
Our farm is an hour drive from downtown Kansas City, Missouri, which is a vibrant community with a strong farm/food scene.
To apply, please email email@example.com with a resume with three references, and explain your interest in this position, including the specific experience/traits you would bring to the job, and your salary goals.
4/10/13 - Senior Manager of Procurement
Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine is a growing, Chicago-based European-inspired neighborhood cheese, specialty food and wine shop offering the highest quality, cut-to-order domestic and international specialty cheeses, freshly baked breads, perfectly chosen accompaniments and small production wines, along with hand-crafted, cheese loving beers.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager of Procurement for our three retail locations, restaurant and commissary.
Applicants must have the following qualifications:
• Previous experience working with the finances, logistics, sourcing and selection of a robust portfolio of specialty food products.
• Extensive experience working with Excel and point of sale systems to build and maintain inventory, margin, profitability and turn reports.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for small-batch domestic and international specialty cheeses, charcuterie, bread and accompaniments.
• Working knowledge of food safety and corresponding regulatory requirements.
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills; organized; a self-starter and collaborative team player; previous experience managing a team is preferred.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overall program management: Maintain a successful procurement strategy for retail & restaurant centered on building strong long-standing relationships with supply partners & internal clients in order to maximize consumer and B2B customer value and satisfaction.
• Logistics & finance management: Set pricing & manage category margins in collaboration with the store and restaurant operations teams to optimize product profitability & turn.
• Product selection & education: Plan, identify & project category and product portfolio based on historical and current market data with an eye toward emerging and declining trends; lead Pastoral’s consumer and employee education team; including teaching Pastoral consumer and other external classes/events.
• Other projects as assigned by the COO.
The Senior Manager of Procurement is a full-time salaried position. Full-time employees are eligible to participate in Pastoral’s benefit program after 90 days, including, Health, Dental, Life, Short & Long Term Disability, SIMPLE IRA and Transit Benefit.
For more information about Pastoral, please see our website: www.pastoralartisan.com. Please indicate in your cover letter if you have specific salary requirements/expectations. Any relocation costs are the responsibility of the candidate.
4/10/13 - Beecher’s Handmade Cheese East Coast Wholesale Sales Associate
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese has been producing award winning, hand- crafted cheeses since 2003 using only the purest ingredients and artisanal methods.
We are looking for a full time, Wholesale Sales Associate who has a passion for pure, all natural food, a love of cheese and a drive to excel, to assist with sales of Beecher’s Cheese’s and our lines of specialty foods on the East Coast and Nationwide.
The job will include:
Working with Wholesale Director of Sales to build relationships with distributors and retailers in the New York Metro area and on the East Coast.
Identifying and attending events sampling and promoting Beecher’s cheeses and products, coordinating and conducting retail demos/tastings
Have at least two years sales experience in the New York/ East Coast market
Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
Be Located in the greater New York Metro area
A valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation and is available to travel out of state
Be passionate about food and selling quality products
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is part of the Sugar Mountain family and is committed to pure, all-natural foods.
In keeping with our commitment to pure food, Sugar Mountain companies contribute 1% of all sales to the Flagship Foundation, founded by Beecher’s in 2004.
To apply, follow the link to the secure 3rd party website, ADP:
4/5/13 – Mid-Atlantic Sales Director Position Available
Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery is looking for a passionate and dynamic Sales Director to develop the creamery sales activities in the Mid-Atlantic region. We are a premier maker of artisan cheeses and dairy products located in Vermont. For 28 years our company has been crafting award winning fresh and aged cheese, cultured butter and crème fraiche using fresh milk from family farms and selling to the specialty retail and foodservice trade.
We are looking for someone with a strong knowledge of specialty cheeses, experience selling to retailers, cheesemongers, chefs and distributors. Candidates with existing relationships and a proven track record in building sales of a premium food company preferred. If you are a motivated, do-what-it takes team player who is passionate about cheese, send a letter and resume to Adeline Druart at firstname.lastname@example.org
3/18/13 - Organic Goat Fromagerie For Sale
Situated in a gorgeous and bilingual region of southern Quebec, only 30 min. from VT and 90 from Montreal, the property includes a thriving goat cheese dairy and beautiful homestead on 17 acres. We will work alongside the new owners to transfer all organic goatkeeping, cheese making and marketing skills, as well as any other herbal and gardening details that you might want. $995,000. Plenty more information at http://organic-artisanal-fromagerie-for-sale.com.
12/13/12 - Head Cheesemaker Position
Piedmont Farms in Newborn, Georgia is a farmstead cheese producer and we are seeking a full-time cheesemaker. We are a young but profitable company and we’re looking for the right person to grow with us. Experience is a definite plus but we are willing to train the right person, possibly relocation assistance to Atlanta as well.
If interested, please email your resume to us at Matt@PiedmontFarms.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!
5/2/12 – Make Your Own Nutrition Facts Labels
If you need a nutrition facts label, Nutrition Facts Maker 2.0 is your answer! This easy-to-use, web-based application allows you to create your own hi-resolution (300dpi), camera-ready food nutrition facts labels in PDF format, from a series of pre-formatted nutrition facts templates. These nutrition facts panels can be used as is, or incorporated into your product packaging, books, marketing materials, or electronic presentations.
With Nutrition Facts Maker 2.0, you have access to more than 24 different, ready-to-use US Nutrition Facts Label templates, including bilingual (Spanish) nutrition labels.
We also have:
– Generic Supplement Facts Label templates. These templates offer a predetermined number of blank fields that you can fill in with any ingredient descriptions, quantities, and % Daily Values. Samples can be viewed on our Available Labels page.
– Two Alcoholic Beverage (beer and wine) label templates. These labels are gaining popularity among breweries and vineyards. It is only a matter of time before these labels will be required on all alcoholic beverage labels.
– US Dual Declaration Labels–wide and narrow.
– Several Canadian Nutrition Facts Panels–standard English and standard bilingual, designed to meet the guidelines established by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
– Four (and counting) US label templates with space at the bottom for you to enter ingredients. These are gaining popularity, giving you more flexibility and the ability to do more label design yourself.
Whether you are a graphics designer, marketer, large manufacturer, local bakery, cheese maker, private-label manufacturer, or specialty food producer, this versatile tool will meet all of your Nutrition Facts labeling needs.
Furthermore, we offer a full set of USDA seals for poultry, livestock (cattle, swine, sheep, goats), horse, equine, and smoked meat products. Pictures of the available labels can be found at the bottom of the Available Labels page. All you need is your establishment number and you can easily generate seals for use on labeling or other materials.
Prices start at a very affordable $18.95!
A Nutrition Facts Maker 2.0 subscription gives you unlimited access to all of the current labels, as well as any other labels we add in the future, at no additional cost, for the duration of your subscription.
These labels are designed using the specifications set forth in the FDA Guidelines for nutrition facts labels.
4/26/12 – Cheese Equipment for Sale
Stainless Steel Column Press, $11,900 OBO
Navien LP Boiler (400,000 BTU), $12,000 OBO
Contact Dena King-Nossokoff at 412-292-2164 for more information.