American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
For only $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members, you can post your classified ad here, where it will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling.
12/5/13 - Now Hiring Cheesemongers at Metropolitan Market!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality — from our flame roasted prime rib, house made quiche and pot pies, to our high volume buffets and cut to order specialty meats and cheeses.
As a key member of our Market Deli & Specialty Cheese Department, our Cheesemongers are responsible for sales generation, exceptional product knowledge, food safety, quality control, and merchandising of specialty cheese products. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
Job Duties At-A-Glance:
• Immediately greets all customers; demonstrates genuine enthusiasm and sincerity; customizes approach to meet customer needs and build rapport. Works to create customer loyalty through individualized service.
• Packages customer products in a manner that is consistent with department standards and sanitation guidelines and/or customer request; ensures customer purchases are packaged with the highest level of quality, proper tools, and presentation maintained.
• Actively seeks out product knowledge and adheres to approved product sampling methods and expectations; presents product knowledge in a positive, appealing manner that promotes increased sales and best serves the customer.
Skills Required / Qualifications:
Candidates will be selected from applicants having the best combination of the following qualifications:
• Minimum one year food service experience strongly preferred.
• Must possess a minimum of one year of customer service experience.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
• Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
• Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, and inventory/portion control.
• Possesses adequate product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
• Exceptional customer service skills; strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
How To Apply:
Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view a complete job description for our Cheesemonger position.
1. Go to www.metropolitan-market.com
2. Select the Careers section
3. Complete a general application and create a profile
4. Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profile
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
* Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
* Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
* Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
* Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Pension Plan
* Holiday Pay
12/5/13 - Beecher’s Handmade Cheese Wholesale Sales Associate
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese
Wholesale Sales Associate
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese has been producing award winning, hand- crafted cheeses since 2003 using only the purest ingredients and artisan methods.
We are looking for a full time, Wholesale Sales Associate who has a passion for pure, all natural food, a love of cheese and a drive to excel, to assist with sales of Beecher’s Cheese’s and our lines of specialty foods on the East Coast and Nationwide.
· Have at least two years sales experience in the New York/ East Coast market
· Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
· Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
· Be Located in the greater New York Metro area
· A valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation and is available to travel out of state
· Be passionate about food and selling quality products
The job will include:
· Working with Wholesale Director of Sales to build relationships with distributors and retailers in the New York Metro area and on the East Coast
· Identifying and attending events sampling and promoting Beecher’s cheeses and products
· Coordinating and conducting retail demos/tastings
To apply, please provide a cover letter and your resume through the following link:
This is a non-commission Sales position.
Salary – DOE
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is part of the Sugar Mountain family and is committed to pure, all-natural foods. In keeping with our commitment to pure food, Sugar Mountain companies contribute 1% of all sales to the Flagship Foundation, founded by Beecher’s in 2004.
12/5/13 - Artisan Cheese Making (Hoopbreaker)
Are you seriously into cheese AND like to work hard?
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese in the Flatiron is looking for early morning Hoop Breakers to work on the production floor and in the cold room.
Things that are musts:
Ability to lift 60 lbs repeatedly
Strong work ethic
Availability to work early mornings at 3am
Strong understanding of food safety, cleaning and sanitation
Food Handling Experience – a HUGE plus!
A love of all things cheese!
Things that would be great but NOT required:
Experience with mechanical repair and/or maintenance
To apply, please click link:
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
11/27/13 - PeriShip- Your shipping solution for the perishable food industry!
You put so much care and time into the making of your cheeses, only to get to the last mile stumped; how do you get your delicious product to all the cheese lovers out there? That’s where PeriShip comes in.
Simply put, there is not much information available on how to conduct a successful shipment. The good news is, most any perishable cheese product can be shipped year-round safely and successfully! PeriShip has perishable shipping experts ready to provide the knowledge of what one needs to do, as well as a “step by step” process on how to have a successful shipment.
PeriShip is a value-added service provider exclusive to FedEx and to the perishable foods industry. We possess exceptional expertise in the areas of transportation, packaging, technology, logistics and customer service. And we can put that knowledge to work for you. You can expect financial and operational benefits when you trust PeriShip services to help manage, protect and distribute your valuable perishable foods shipments.
The best part? PeriShip services are no cost to you beyond the negotiated shipping rates. PeriShip’s ability and expertise in managing shipments and working proactively to provide package exception resolution will help protect product integrity, while allowing you, the customer, to focus on the growth of your business and building relationships.
Visit our website for more information on what PeriShip can do for your business! www.periship.com. Or, send an email over to firstname.lastname@example.org now!
11/22/13 - Cheesemaker
Shatto Milk Company is a well known dairy operation focusing on world class fluid milk, ice cream, cheese and butter. We have been in business for ten years and have won numerous national and international awards for our milk, cheese and butter. We are a cow dairy that milks about 500 cows here north of Kansas City. We are looking for a cheese maker with a strong, working-knowledge of the cheesemaking process is essential. Some professional cheesemaking experience is preferred, but not required.
A well-qualified candidate is someone who:
Can independently make cheese according to prescribed makes and the direction of the head cheesemaker
Maintain accurate and consistent record-keeping in the cheese room
Can safely and correctly operate cheese room equipment
Assists in pathogen sampling and testing procedures
Has familiarity with HACCP and dairy sanitation
Will participate in the daily cleaning of tools, floors, etc.
Effectively takes care of the cheese room and its contents
Can work independently, yet get a long with others
The ability to lift 50 pounds
Must not mind hot, humid conditions, including a willingness to get wet
Has a fantastic, super-positive attitude
Is passionate about cheeses and committed to making the highest quality products
For more information please visit us at shattomilk.com or contact us via phone at 816-930-3862.
11/21/13 - Cheesemaker Job Opening
Chapel Hill Creamery is a beautiful pasture-based Jersey dairy and cheesemaking facility located just outside Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Our range of farmhouse cheeses is sold at both local area farmers’ markets and at various retail stores throughout NC and beyond.
Cheesemaker Job Opening
Transform our outstanding Jersey milk into Chapel Hill Creamery’s lineup of award winning cheeses
Follow and oversee sanitation practices that ensure safe, high quality dairy products
Participate in the leadership team of the overall farm/cheesemaking/sales operation
Background in the cheese business
Ability to easily do the physical work required: lifting, bending, standing, etc
The ideal candidate will have tremendous enthusiasm for cheese, and will have had some experience both in making cheese and selling cheese.
Experience with dairy animals is a plus. We?re looking for someone who will take on additional responsibility over time, with excellent communication and leadership skills.
To apply, please send your resume by December 6 to: email@example.com
For more information about Chapel Hill Creamery please visit us online at www.chapelhillcreamery.com or on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/11QhGkw.
11/21/13 - Cheesemaker
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese in the Flatiron is looking for someone to join the Cheesemaking team who has food manufacturing and/or cheesemaking experience.
• 3+ yrs exp working in food manufacturing
• 1+ yrs in a managerial or supervisory position
• Must have exp. with gov’t and 3rd party audits
• Strong understanding of food safety, cleaning and sanitation
• Must be HACCP trained and certified
• Exp. with mechanical repair and/or maintenance
• Strong work ethic
• Availability to work early mornings at 5 AM
• Ability to lift 60 lbs repeatedly
Things that would be great but not required;
• Cheesemaking/Dairy experience
• Knowledge of HTST pasteurization and use
• Exp. with BRC
• Food Science degree
To apply, please click link:
Only qualified applicants will be considered.
11/20/13 - Cheesemaker Business Partner Opportunity
Equity Ownership Opportunity for Cheese Manufacturing Company or Experienced Cheesemaker. Immediately expand your business with our premium brands and high production capacity. Advantageously and unlike virtually all others in the USA, we have an unlimited amount of pure fresh raw milk from 5000+ cows on tap piped directly to our cheese plant from the milking parlor and no whey disposal issues. Consolidate, compete, grow and profit. See www.TahoeCheese.com for background information. Contact sales@TahoeCheese.com or 775-721-8195 to discuss this business merger/ownership opportunity.
11/12/13 - Cheese Maker – Creamery Production Manager
Ludwig Farmstead Creamery in Illinois is seeking a qualified and motivated individual who is looking for a career in the artisan cheese industry. We are an award winning artisan, farmstead cheese producer, located 25 miles east of Champaign/Urbana. Our world class dairy cattle produce the milk used to manufacture our farmstead cheeses. The candidate will be mentored initially by our award winning and renowned master cheese maker. In addition to cheese making responsibilities, the candidate will also manage the creamery operations and a small staff of employees, including assistant/apprentice cheese makers. The ideal candidate will have solid educational background and practical experience of 1-3 years, willingness to perform the physical labor of all aspects in cheese production, and the desire to help build our third year operation into a long term success.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11/1/13 - Thriving Artisan Cheese Creamery and Goat Dairy For Sale
Thriving artisan cheese creamery and goat dairy for sale. New, state-of-the-art creamery for pasteurization and cheesemaking, equipped for up to 1,000 lbs/wk production and sized for more. New milking parlor with platform, cascading headgates, and low-line, clean-in-place milking system. Two barns (one new) with ample hay storage, and two small grain storage silos. Farmhouse on site. Chicken coops for 200 chickens; concrete, fenced pig sty for 25 pigs. 10 acres, approximately 7 acres of pasture. Located 10 miles from major metropolitan market and within 100 miles of Boston and New York. Established customers including restaurants and grocery stores.
If you are interested please email email@example.com or call 860 * 508 * 1505.
10/4/13 - Cheese Manager and Associates
Agata & Valentina, New York’s premier specialty food store, is seeking an experienced Cheese Manager for a progressive, upscale food retailer in NYC to work in our extensive Cheese Department. The successful candidate must have extensive knowledge of fresh, aged, international and domestic cheeses and be able to provide impeccable customer service by assisting customers with product selection, preparation, and packing of the product. As this is a management position a minimum of 5 years previous experience needed in scheduling, training, ordering, inventory management and all management. This is a full time position and weekends are a must.
We are also looking for experienced and entry level cheese associates!
The ideal Cheese Associate candidate would have experience in the field and an excellent sense of customer service. This candidate will also be able to work in a high volume, fast paced environment. This is a full time position and weekends are a must.
Our company offers a competitive salary and excellent growth potential. Benefits include health, dental, pharmacy, vision, 401(k) with employer match, vacation, sick leave, bereavement leave, paid holidays, and a great employee discount.
Please send resume with cover letter, salary history and requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer.
7/24/13 - Position Available – Effie’s Homemade, Director of Sales
Effie’s Homemade is a fast-growing, wholesale baking company located in MA. We make a line of unique and award winning biscuits and crackers that are sold into multiple channels from independent gourmet stores to specialty retail chains, distributors, food service and catalogue companies. We began our company almost 5 years ago and are ready to take it to the next level. Starting with the Sales Director, we want to build a sales team of seasoned reps who have established relationships with key retailers. Initially this person will work with us on a contract basis.
• Lead the sales effort in key accounts within the natural and specialty retail trade
• Develop and manage relationships with buyers and their distributors
• Work with both owners to define sales goals and budgets
• Track and evaluate trade spending effectiveness
• Manage category reviews
• Hire and manage a network of regional brokers
• Ten years of proven track record of growing sales in the food industry
• Ability to work with smaller food manufacturing companies and emerging brands
• Bachelor’s degree a must
• Professional sales training a plus
• Moderate travel
Compensation includes monthly retainer plus commissions negotiable based on experience. This is a contracted position. Apply to email@example.com.
7/18/13 – Equipment for Sale
Artisan cheesemaking equipment (batch size up to 250 gal) and goat milking pipeline elements now for sale as we liquidate our business of 20+ years near Santa Fe, New Mexico. Discounts to a buyer who can de-install and safely transport key pieces; smaller items can be shipped. E-mail or call for list/prices/photos. Our “stuff” is ready for the next generation! firstname.lastname@example.org (505) 917-8189.
5/24/13 - Dairy Manager
Turner Farm on North Haven Island, Maine, is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Dairy Manager. This is a year-round, full-time position.
Turner Farm is a diversified farm serving North Haven and surrounding communities. 2013 is the third season the dairy has been operating. We produce fresh and aged goat cheeses; our soft-ripened goat cheese Whitecap won second place in it’s category at the American Cheese Society Conference. In addition to the dairy, the farm raises beef cattle and pork, certified organic broiler chickens, ducks, and laying hens, and certified organic vegetables and flowers. For more information about the farm, visit www.turner-farm.com
• The Dairy Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing two dairy herds (currently 12 oberhasli goats and 3 jersey heifers), including but not limited to maintaining barn and milking parlor facilities, milking, breeding, culling, kid and calf care, grazing, pasture assessment and fencing, maintaining and monitoring herd health, recordkeeping, and maintaining feed and supplies inventories.
• The Dairy Manager is responsible for all aspects of managing the farmstead creamery, including but not limited to sanitation, state licensing, record-keeping, continuing current production of soft and aged cheese, quality control, development of new products, and maintaining supply inventories.
• 2-3 years experience with dairy cows, preferably under grass-based and organic systems. Experience with goats also desirable.
• 2-3 years cheese-making experience, including ability to learn our current product line and an interest in developing new and unique cheeses.
• Capacity to effectively manage multiple seasonal employees
• Ability to work within a budget and maintain dairy financial records
• Ability to work collaboratively with the farm managers
• Salary competitive and commensurate with experience
• Health insurance benefits
• Housing available
To inquire, please contact James Blair and Brenna Chase at 207-867-4962 Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/7/13 - Next Generation Farm Ownership Opportunity Dairy/Cheese/Composting Farm Business
Opportunity: The owner of a diversified dairy/cheese/composting farm business in central Massachusetts is willing to provide a “young entrepreneur” with the opportunity to be the next generation owner. Well established markets are in place for both the cheese and the compost. The owner is willing to consider owner financing toward the ultimate purchase.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will need to demonstrate their ability to transition from worker, to manager to owner from all aspects of business operations. The candidate can be an individual or could be a couple.
For Questions: Please email Dave @ email@example.com
Additional Information can be found at: https://www.farmcrediteast.com/Knowledge-Exchange/Member-News/20120530-Farm-Ownership.aspx
4/25/13 - Affinage & Cheesemaking Consultant
CHEESE MAKERS – Having difficulty with the aging of your cheese or would you like to develop a plan for making a natural rind?
RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, and IMPORTERS – Would you like to improve the storage of your cheese in your store or warehouse? Or are you simply curious about what affinage is and can do for you?
Michael Kalish of Third Wheel Cheese Consulting is hitting the road to travel across the United States this summer from May to September, 2013. If you would like to have Michael stop by the farm, warehouse, or store, Third Wheel Cheese would be happy to customize the perfect consulting/educational program for you.
HACCP planning and writing is also available. Visit Michael Kalish on LinkedIn or contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org to explore the possibility of having a special summer visit.
3/18/13 - Organic Goat Fromagerie For Sale
Situated in a gorgeous and bilingual region of southern Quebec, only 30 min. from VT and 90 from Montreal, the property includes a thriving goat cheese dairy and beautiful homestead on 17 acres. We will work alongside the new owners to transfer all organic goatkeeping, cheese making and marketing skills, as well as any other herbal and gardening details that you might want. $995,000. Plenty more information at http://organic-artisanal-fromagerie-for-sale.com.
5/2/12 – Make Your Own Nutrition Facts Labels
If you need a nutrition facts label, Nutrition Facts Maker 2.0 is your answer! This easy-to-use, web-based application allows you to create your own hi-resolution (300dpi), camera-ready food nutrition facts labels in PDF format, from a series of pre-formatted nutrition facts templates. These nutrition facts panels can be used as is, or incorporated into your product packaging, books, marketing materials, or electronic presentations.
With Nutrition Facts Maker 2.0, you have access to more than 24 different, ready-to-use US Nutrition Facts Label templates, including bilingual (Spanish) nutrition labels.
We also have:
– Generic Supplement Facts Label templates. These templates offer a predetermined number of blank fields that you can fill in with any ingredient descriptions, quantities, and % Daily Values. Samples can be viewed on our Available Labels page.
– Two Alcoholic Beverage (beer and wine) label templates. These labels are gaining popularity among breweries and vineyards. It is only a matter of time before these labels will be required on all alcoholic beverage labels.
– US Dual Declaration Labels–wide and narrow.
– Several Canadian Nutrition Facts Panels–standard English and standard bilingual, designed to meet the guidelines established by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency
– Four (and counting) US label templates with space at the bottom for you to enter ingredients. These are gaining popularity, giving you more flexibility and the ability to do more label design yourself.
Whether you are a graphics designer, marketer, large manufacturer, local bakery, cheese maker, private-label manufacturer, or specialty food producer, this versatile tool will meet all of your Nutrition Facts labeling needs.
Furthermore, we offer a full set of USDA seals for poultry, livestock (cattle, swine, sheep, goats), horse, equine, and smoked meat products. Pictures of the available labels can be found at the bottom of the Available Labels page. All you need is your establishment number and you can easily generate seals for use on labeling or other materials.
Prices start at a very affordable $18.95!
A Nutrition Facts Maker 2.0 subscription gives you unlimited access to all of the current labels, as well as any other labels we add in the future, at no additional cost, for the duration of your subscription.
These labels are designed using the specifications set forth in the FDA Guidelines for nutrition facts labels.