American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-2788.
The Artisan Cheese Exchange – Order Fulfillment & Sales Support Specialist
Who We Are:
The Artisan Cheese Exchange was founded in response to the global demand for artisan and specialty cheeses from the United States. In addition to exporting award-winning U.S. cheeses throughout the world, we have created two proprietary brands that share with consumers nuances in cheeses that were simply not available—the exceptional Deer Creek® Cheese collection and the 100% lactose free Apollo’s Gift® Mozzarella Jack.
The Order Fulfillment & Sales Support Specialist is responsible for assisting in the excellent customer service provided to our customers from the beginning of the supply chain to the consumer. The Order Fulfillment & Sales Support Specialist reports to the President, but works closely with others in the organization to make sure that all orders, sample requests, sales efforts, and follow-ups are taken care of timely and professionally. This is a full-time position based in our corporate office in Sheboygan, Wisconsin with time also spent processing and shipping orders out of our nearby 3rd party warehouse facility.
Order Fulfillment & Sales Support Job Duties
• Maintain great relationships with customers by providing excellent customer service and supporting all sales efforts.
• Processing orders, releasing product, invoicing, and tracking all domestic orders to customers.
• Fulfilling and invoicing all direct to customer orders, sample shipments, and e-commerce shipments with the highest level of care, accuracy, and professionalism.
• Overseeing and tracking cheese inventory levels at warehouses, as well as organizing the movement of product between production and warehouse facilities and maintaining the tidiness of our local warehouse facility.
• Assist in the sales cycle by working with our team to manage new business, trouble-shoot issues, verifying stock status, managing sample inventory, etc.
• Complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, and invoicing.
• Maintain the corporate promotional calendar for our two proprietary brands.
• Act as the liaison between the customers and the sales team for all sample requests, new business setup, and other business initiatives.
• Maintain customer information database in CRM.
• Act as the administrator for 3rd party websites as required for specific customers.
• Maintain pricing information within our system and communicate pricing to customers.
• Work with sales team and accounting to accurately account for promotional deductions.
Order Fulfillment & Sales Support Specialist Qualifications
The candidate must be highly organized with a strong attention to accuracy and detail. Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy, and superior customer service is essential. This includes excellent phone and written communication skills, effective time management skills, and a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Retail, Logistics, Operations or related field.
• Experience in sales, sales support, order fulfillment, and/or shipping is preferred.
• Experience in the cheese industry is preferred.
• Ability to work independently while working closely with others in the company to ensure constant communication and efficient, accurate follow through.
• Must have valid driver’s license and car. Must be able to lift boxes up to 50 pounds.
For more information please check out our websites, cheese-exchange.com, deercreekcheese.com, and apollosgift.com or email us at [email protected]
Now Hiring – Beer, Wine and Cheese Clerk
Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op is looking to hire someone that is passionate about cheese to join our team at our community owned grocery store. If you would love to provide great customer service and work with hundreds of varieties of cheese, as well as grow your understanding of beer and wine; then you may be the perfect person. Please express interest on our website at: https://apply.coolworks.com/sacfoodcoop/job-list.asp.
Turn-key goat dairy in Victor, ID. 100 goats. 8 irrigated acres. Certified creamery, equipment, barns, sheds, house and more. Beautiful location close to National Parks. Great opportunity to get into a growing business. [email protected] for more info.
Plum Plums Cheese is located one hour north of New York City amidst the beautiful horse farms and rolling hills of Northern Westchester county. Our little shop has grown over the past 4 years, both literally and figuratively, into a destination for cheese lovers and gourmet food aficionados. We’re seeking a full-time cheesemonger/manager that will help run our daily business as well as contribute new ideas so we can continue to amaze our customers and grow in ways we could never have imagined 4 years ago. Customer service is our priority and our vocation, so you too must love to interact with interesting people and guide them along their cheese loving journey. Want to have fun while spreading some cheese love? Contact us to join our team, because remember, Life is Great, Cheese Makes it Better! www.plumplumscheese.com
Mercantile Dining and Provision in Union Station, Denver Colorado is seeking a Market Team member /Cheese monger.
We are a Chef Driven Market and Restaurant featuring epicurean dry goods, house made pastries and a carefully curated cheese and charcuterie program featuring 4 cheeses made on our farm and in house made charcuterie.
We are seeking someone who has experience providing high quality customer service in a restaurant or cheese shop environment. Basic cheese and charcuterie experience also preferred. A strong desire to grow personally and professionally and the dire to work with a team is essential. Shifts may include days,nights and weekends. We are closed on major holidays, have great perks and offer health care benefits after a trial period.
please send resumes and references to [email protected]
Love cheese? Love people? Want to learn more and be a part of an ever changing and evolving program?
We’re looking for a personable, customer-focused cheesemonger to join our team of dedicated food professionals. The ideal candidate is someone who’s not afraid to cut the cheese (or the charcuterie), has previous work experience cleaning and maintaining cheese, is accustomed to keeping their workspace clean and plays nice with others. Our cheesemonger is an open minded individual who is able to balance taking direction and working as part of a team with being a self-starter with initiative. This job requires a multi-faceted and multi-talented monger who is comfortable wearing many hats throughout the day with responsibilities ranging from sales, to inventory management, cheese maintenance, creative problem solving and assisting during in store meat and cheese events.
Experience in food service or with cheese is appreciated, but enthusiasm, willingness to learn and contribute to a fun, social, cooperative retail service environment is essential.
Interested candidates should email resumes to [email protected]
Cheese Shop Manager Wanted
Located in Union Market, DC’s vibrant food hall, Righteous Cheese is a small, independent cut-to-order shop offering unique & uncommon artisanal cheeses. Righteous Cheese demystifies the world of cheese and makes it approachable in a lively, relaxed environment. We always approach cheese with reverence but don’t take ourselves too seriously. However, we do have the highest standards for our products and ourselves. Our knowledgeable cheesemongers help customers navigate the counter to find new cheeses to love, and to experience all of the simple, delightful, sensory pleasures that life has to offer.
We are looking for a Shop Manager to steer the ship! Please check out our job listing and see if it’s right for you: https://www.righteouscheese.com/jobs
Cheesemaking Assistants at Cowgirl Creamery
About Us: For 20 years, Cowgirl Creamery has produced a variety of fresh, bloomy, and aged cheeses by using milk from neighboring dairies and championing their local milkshed. Two decades, dozens awards, two creameries and two retails stores later, Cowgirl Creamery continues to help pioneer the American artisan cheese movement.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Cheesemaking Team at Cowgirl Creamery! Positions are available at our Petaluma location in Sonoma County and our original Pt Reyes station creamery in West Marin.
Assistant Cheesemakers help with the daily cheese making process and ensure we are making safe, tasty cheese. We work in compliance with food safety policies and local and federal regulations. Candidates will assist the Lead Cheesemaker in meeting daily production goals and keeping the creamery clean and orderly. The position is fast paced and requires physical work.
Primary Creamery Duties:
– Scooping curds into forms
– Brining cheese
– Wrapping cheese
– Working in our cheese aging rooms turning and caring for cheese
– Cleaning and sanitizing equipment and utensils
– We have lots of stainless steel equipment and it sparkles!
– Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lb frequently, and to lift and carry up to 10 lb continuously.
– Ability to frequently reach above and below shoulder level, stoop and squat.
– Ability to work comfortably in variable temperature environments.
– Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
Our ideal applicant is reliable, efficient, has good communication skills, a positive attitude and loves cheese! This is an opportunity to be a part of a fantastic company whose roots are deep in the industry and whose growth has no limit. We will train the right person!
This is an hourly, full-time position. Workdays are Monday-Friday and some Saturdays. Starting wage is $14.00/hr or DOE.
Cowgirl Creamery offers health and dental insurance, 401K, sick pay, paid time off and a discount on cheese!
If you are interested in joining our stellar team, please email a cover letter, resume and 2 references to [email protected]. Please specify which location you are interested in, or ask to apply to both!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Head Cheesemaker for Samish Bay
Samish Bay has been making farmstead cheese in Bow, WA for 20 years from our herd of Milking Shorthorn cows. Now in a brand new production building we are looking for an experienced Cheesemaker to help us improve and refine our operations.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Head Cheesemaker will participate in the production of cheese and other dairy products, direct and coordinate day to day work of other Cheesemakers, and is responsible for Quality Assurance and Food Safety.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The following essential job functions are performed as a Head Cheesemaker:
• Be proficient and productive in all aspects of our dairy product production including, but not limited to:
o Cheese, yogurt, and kefir production
o Turning and caring for aging cheese in the aging rooms (affinage)
o Packing, packaging, and preparing cheese for sale
o Clean-up and sanitation requirements
o Attending scheduled meetings
• The employee is expected to follow all safety procedures and standard operating procedures (SOPs) at all times relating to this position.
• Update SOPs as needed or directed
• Maintain Quality Assurance programs including in house evaluations and submitting samples to outside labs for analysis
• Comply with Federal. State. and local regulations including the Food Safety Modernization Act and the Pasteurized Milk Ordinance
• Maintain consistency of product and refine make and affinage procedures to improve product
• Work with owners on development of new products
• Maintain complete and accurate records
• Maintain Cheesemaker and Cheesemaker Assistant schedules
• Train new Cheesemakers
• Keep track of inventory of supplies and ingredients and submit purchase requests with adequate lead times to avoid problems
• Advise on new equipment needs or opportunities
• Participate in Safety Committee
• Other duties as assigned.
• The employee must work well under pressure, meeting and completing deadlines.
• Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English
• Must be able to follow written and verbal directions
• Must be self-motivated and able to work independently
• Must have good attention to detail
• Must be able to bend, lift up to 50 lbs easily, reach, stoop, and walk and stand for long periods of time
• Must have clean and neat appearance
• Must have good sense of cleanliness and sanitation
• Must be respectful and maintain professional conduct
• Must have good work ethic and attendance, be reliable and trustworthy
Three or more years’ experience making cheese commercially (other related manufacturing may substitute for one year of cheese).
Head Cheese Maker Opportunity
We are a highly regarded, 100% solar powered farmstead cheese operation one hour outside of New York City looking for an experienced cheesemaker to produce our grass-fed, raw milk cheeses. We encourage creativity and initiative and support (and reward) the creation of new cheeses to add to our offerings.
The right candidate is passionate about the art and science of farmstead cheesemaking. You will ideally have a college degree in food or dairy science(preferred but not required) with at least three years of cheesemaking experience and good technical skills. You will be physically fit/able to repeatedly lift about 50 lbs. and able to work in very warm and high humidity environments. Flexibility/ability to change course when necessary and good communication skills are also key requirements.
Primary Responsibilities include: cheesemaking, affinage, managing product inventory, cleaning and sanitation and maintaining all records/logs as laid out in our food safety plan.
Compensation: We offer a competitive financial package that includes housing and utilities, health insurance and other key incentives.
How to apply: Please submit your resume to [email protected]. To learn more about us, check out our website – www.5spokecreamery.com.
If happiness is making great cheese, we want to hear from you!
Cheese & Charcuterie Sales Specialist
Our company has been providing local restaurants with the finest ingredients available since 1915. Located in Philadelphia, we are a family owned food wholesale distribution company. In the past several years we have experienced tremendous growth and we are currently looking to add to our team.
We are currently recruiting a dynamic full-time Cheese & Charcuterie Sales Specialist. Candidates must have a true passion for cheese along with 3-5 years of experience. The primary purpose of the Cheese & Charcuterie Sales Specialist is to educate our chefs, customers, & sales team about the cheeses, charcuterie, and specialty items in our selection.
This position will work closely with the Marketing Department to ensure the cheese, charcuterie and specialty items are advertised and marketed correctly. In addition, weekly tastings should be scheduled at a customer’s place of business. We encourage suggestions on new items and lines to bring in. Good candidates should be prepared to conduct tastings with some of the finest chefs on the East Coast.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Educate customers and sales team about the cheeses and specialty items available
• Maintain an awareness of all product information, merchandise promotions, and samples
• Maintain the highest level of standards in all cutting and product preparation
• Initiate suggestive selling and sampling of products
• Help to ensure superior product presentation within warehouse
• Follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products
• Communicate any customer special requests to management
• Communicates with coworkers and management to solve problems and improve quality and service
• Additional duties as assigned
• Working knowledge of various cheese groups and pairings
• Ability to communicate with customers, ownership and employees
• Ability to incrementally impact sales in a positive manner
• Proficiency in Customer Service
• Ability to multi-task and perform within a fast paced
• Ability to work varied hours/days as dictated by business
• Must have a reliable vehicle
We recognize that a quality team is vital to support our quality products and services. With this in mind, we are continually striving to find the most qualified and committed candidates to join our team–those with a talent and passion for what they do!
Our company recruits, hires and promotes individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, age, gender, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, or physical or mental disability unrelated to an individual’s ability to perform the job, or any other status protected by law, all in accordance with applicable Federal, State or Local Laws.
A Regional Sales Manager to cover the Southeast United States!
Cypress Grove is one of America’s best-known and fastest-growing artisan cheese producers. We are proud of the joy our award-winning goat cheese brings to people, and of the strong relationships we’ve built with our partners for over 30 years. It took a lot of hardworking, creative, and talented people to get where we are today and we are now seeking…
This is a unique opportunity to make a big impact in a long-established food company that is still growing quickly. Reporting to the Sales Director, this role will build and maintain industry relationships in the South East US as a member of a dynamic team that takes their work and fun seriously!
BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS and a PRESENCE
• Establish positive relationships with regional industry contacts.
• Leverage personal performance, industry trends, and client feedback to meet or exceed sales goals.
• Provide recommendations for regional programs, targets, and milestones.
• Regularly report on regional sales successes and challenges.
• Work closely with internal partners to ensure account performance and customer expectations are met.
• Keep up to date on specialty food and cheese industry developments, and share insights with the team.
• You’ll “hit the road” about 60% of the time to build your regional account portfolio, promote Cypress Grove at industry events, and travel to headquarters in Northern California.
• Facilitate product and promotion trainings for your distributors and retailers and maintain strong customer service ratings.
• Act as the “eyes and ears” of Cypress Grove in the region, monitoring market changes, competitor activity, consumer patterns, and product quality.
The Ideal Candidate …
We are seeking a personal approach as unique as this opportunity! Are you a strong pro-active manager who easily builds trust and loyalty in your clients? Are you a charismatic and fun communicator? Are you tech savvy and resourceful, able to leverage tools to create efficiencies and strengthen your performance? Are you a customer-focused strategist who is unflappable under pressure? Can you turn on a dime without getting overwhelmed and without overwhelming those around you? We knew that you would be, but are you also …
EXPERIENCE and EDUCATION
• A seasoned outside sales pro with 5+ years of experience selling packaged consumer goods in a geographic region, preferably food or dairy.
• A curious lifelong learner preferably with a bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
• In the Atlanta Georgia area or otherwise in the Southeast US. This position will be based remotely to better access the region.
Show Me the Money …
Cypress Grove offers a full benefits package including health and life insurance, paid leave, perks and a great work/life balance … and don’t forget about all that lovely cheese you’ll be enjoying!
SALARY and ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
• $62,000 to $65,000+ dependent upon experience and location.
• Annual bonus of up to 15% of annual earned salary based upon successfully meeting set sales goals.
So the job sounds made for you, now let’s find out if you are made for the job! Apply online only at
First review of applicants will be Friday July 7th. Position is open until filled.
Farmstead Cheese Plant Internship
Nettle Meadow is an award winning farmstead artisan cheese company in the Adirondack foothills near Lake George. We are looking for a three month intern interested in learning about what it takes to produce so many outstanding handmade cheeses for the following time periods:
June 20 – August 31st, 2017
September 1, 2017 – November 30, 2017
December 1, 2017 – February 28, 2018
March 1 – May 31, 2018
This is a fabulous educational opportunity for anyone considering working in any aspect of the cheese world.
- Hand packing and packaging cheese;
- Helping to care for cheese in our underground cheese caves and maintaining an optimum environment;
- Farmside experience for those who are interested in that aspect of the operation
- Helping prepare cheese for sale;
- Selling cheese in our on-farm shop and at special events;
- Cleaning molds,vats, and surfaces of cheese plant.
- Dishwashing and maintaining a clean environment pursuant to Food Safety Modernization Act standards,
- Cheesemaking observation and instruction
Intern should be hard-working, eager to learn and must work well with others and independently. Maturity and ability to live in isolated surroundings are important and a vehicle is highly recommended. This is a physical job – you must be able to lift 50 lbs repeatedly and spend all day on your feet in a fast-paced environment, and be able to work in cool damp aging caves for long periods of time. Strict attention to detail is a must! Shifts start very early so early risers are particularly encouraged to apply. Five 8 to 9 hour days per week. Overtime and extra days are not expected of you.
We offer excellent first-hand experience, an opportunity to work with a dedicated group of people on a highly regarded farm making a wide range of wildly popular hand-crafted cheeses. You will also be exposed to all aspects of running a dairy farm and cheese business for a well-rounded educational experience. This is hard and unglamorous but rewarding work that will quickly dispel any illusions that cheesemaking is an easygoing lifestyle.
There is a two week trial period during which we will assess if this is a good fit for the farm and you can assess if the workload is manageable.
Compensation: Shared housing, electricity, garbage, and wifi and an internship stipend dependent on experience.
Please email [email protected] for more information and to tell us about your interests and qualifications.
Head Cheese Maker at Cricket Creek Farm
We are looking for a cheese maker to join our team in making our award winning farmstead artisanal cheeses.
Cheese Maker must have experience making a variety of hard and soft cheeses, and experience in sanitation and maintenance of a creamery. Work includes involvement in all aspects of running our farmstead creamery.
Cricket Creek Farm is a grass-based dairy in Western Massachusetts. We focus on producing the highest quality milk and cheese while caring for our animals and land in a sustainable and humane fashion.
Our Mission is to produce nourishing food that honors our animals, respects the land, and feeds our community, and to exemplify a sustainable model for small-farm viability.
– Work with our existing cheese maker in a collaborative team environment
– Assisting in the production of all the cheeses in our current repertoire (8 cheeses).
– Following the maintenance and sanitation protocols.
– Helping to teach apprentices all facets of cheese making
– Troubleshoot recipes/inconsistencies with the products as needed and help apprentices refine their practices and work out problems with the cheeses as appropriate.
– Maintaining all required records, inventories, recipes, and data collected.
– Bringing an upbeat and positive attitude, being a leader on the farm. We expect the person in this position to always be on time, always stick to a schedule, help keep apprentices on track, and bring positive energy and enthusiasm to work every day.
– 1-2 years of cheese making experience
– Very much in love with cheese
– Excited about the opportunity to work at a small and growing company
Compensation: We provide a salary commensurate with experience, some food, and possibly housing (to be determined).
Communication: Communication is of paramount importance here. We strive to create a work environment that is comfortable, open, clear, and honest for everyone. Every week we have a staff meeting, during which everyone sits down together to review the week and any upcoming news. During this meeting everyone shares personal highlights and difficulties of the previous week. It is also an opportunity to openly discuss any farm happenings.
Length of commitment: We are looking for at least a year commitment, but ideally seeking a candidate that is interested in a long-term position.
Application process and timeline: We are hiring on a rolling basis. We highly encourage a visit from any serious applicant. We do have space available to house an applicant overnight, and a 2 to 3-day visit is ideal. Working and spending some time together will help let us determine whether you will be a good fit for the farm, and will help give you a better sense of us.
For more information on Cricket Creek Farm, please visit our website – http://cricketcreekfarm.com
Information on applying for this position ca be found on our website here – http://cricketcreekfarm.com/cheese-maker-cricket-creek-farm/
Bimi’s Cheese Shop, located in the historic village of Chatham, New York, offers a carefully-curated selection of cheeses and provisions both from our county and our region, as well as from the wide world beyond our bucolic little town. With a commitment to sustainably-sourced products, it is our goal at Bimi’s to bring our customers the freshest, best-made and most amazing food we can find. We carry anywhere between 25-50 cheeses, and are well know for our amazing grilled cheese bar.
Bimi’s is a warm, welcoming, and non-intimidating cheese shop. Our goal is that anyone in our varied community– from fireman to celebrity, local or weekender– can come in and feel comfortable finding cheeses they’ll love. We offer friendly guidance, camaraderie, and community to our customers.
Chatham, NY is experiencing an exciting resurgence and Bimi’s is definitely a part of that growth. Tucked away in the rural hills of Columbia County, Chatham is a hidden jewel with an eclectic community that appreciates the outdoors, the arts and good food. Working the counter at Bimi’s is a special experience filled with equal parts friendship, laughter, and hard work.
We are searching for a wonderful General Manager/Cheesemonger to take the lead at Bimi’s Cheese Shop. It is a full time position, and a great opportunity for someone who wants to make their mark in the food industry. We seek an adventurous and curious monger to work closely with the owners to curate and maintain an excellent selection of cheeses, provisions, and select prepared foods. You will be the captain of a wonderful, quirky and enthusiastic staff. Beyond mongering, responsibilities on the general management side will include overseeing the staff, quality control, ordering, scheduling, shipping, as well as monger training and morale-building. You will be ultimately responsible for the organization, cleanliness, and safety of both the front and back of house.
Obviously, you must love cheese. Just as important, you have to love the art of conversation. You have the ability to listen to the customer and offer articulate, sensible and delicious suggestions. Building relationships with customers over the counter is paramount to our success. We seek someone outgoing, cheerful, and friendly; someone who will make our customers feel like guests in our home, rather than strangers in a store. Our goal at Bimi’s is to create an atmosphere full of joy and free of intimidation Your enthusiasm must be contagious and convincing, but not overwhelming. You are key to keeping Bimi’s the happy place it is.
* Has 2-3 years experience behind the cheese counter
* Has some Culinary experience
* Is willing to relocate to the area (Columbia County, NY)
* Is willing to work weekends
* Has a valid Drivers License
We are a growing shop in a charming small town. We need someone who is as excited about cheese as we are, looking for an adventure and able to prosper here. In all honesty, we are great bosses who want to create a joyous work environment for everyone on our team.
Check out our website, www.bimischeese.com and if this is something you are interested in send us a resume with a letter telling us a little bit about yourself and why you think you’d be a good fit. Please send all info to [email protected]. Thanks!!