American Cheese Society Classifieds
Do you have a job opening? Equipment for sale?
ACS allows for classified ads to be posted for 30 days starting at $25 for ACS members or $35 for non-members. Your ad will be viewable to a targeted audience of ACS members, as well as other industry members and the general public who visit this website daily. For an additional $5, you can include your company logo or a photo of the equipment you’re selling. If you desire to have your ad placed longer than 90 days, please contact the ACS office at 720-328-2788.
5/23/15 – Artisan Cheesemaker Position
Blackberry Farm provides a world class hospitality experience for our guests. Our attention to every detail, impeccable service, unique activity offerings and outstanding cuisine have helped Blackberry Farm earn its pedigree as one of the most celebrated small luxury resorts in the world.
- James Beard Award Winner—Best Wine Program
- James Beard Award Winner—Best Chef Southeast
- Travel & Leisure Magazine–#1 Resort in North America
- Andrew Harper–#1 Food and Wine Resort
- Travel & Leisure Magazine–#1 Service in North America
- 4,200 Acre Working Farm setting the standard for Farm to Table Cuisine
The Artisan Cheesemaker is responsible for all aspects of the Blackberry Farm cheese program including but not limited to developing new recipes, consistently delivering on existing recipes, production, ripening, packaging, maintaining cheese inventory, COGS and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Maintains a pristine work environment that is compliant with FDA regulation and Blackberry Farm Standards
- Refines and consistently delivers core Blackberry Farm cheeses with uncompromising quality
- Develops new recipes for high quality artisanal cheeses
- Production, Storage, Ripening, Rotation, Shelf Life and packaging of all cheeses
- Proven ability to present/demo cheeses to guests and potential buyers to support revenue goals
- Ability to produce both sheep’s milk and cow’s milk cheese varieties
- Accurate and compliant record keeping in conjunction with FDA and Blackberry Farm production guidelines
- Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results
- Closely manage cost of goods sold, yield percentages, inventory levels and shelf lives
- Applicant must be able to attend on-site and off -site events (i.e. beer festivals, community fundraisers, etc), and interact with guests.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will include direct supervisory responsibilities
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 4 years of work experience in cheese making and artisan cheese making required
Blackberry Farm is an energetic and enriching work culture. Apply now to join the winning team at Blackberry Farm! To learn more or to apply, please visit www.blackberryfarm.com/careers.
5/22/15 – Farmstead Cheese Business
Turnkey farmstead cheese manufacturing facility, comprising 10 head goat/sheep milking parlor, milk room, cheese room, packaging room, office, bathroom, retail sales room, 8’ x 7’ walk-in cooler, and 10’ x 10’ aging cellar. Equipment includes: Milking pipeline system with DeLaval 5 hp pump, Westfalia Top Flow Z milkers (10); Damrow 100g. pasteurizer with Anderson AJ300 digital recording thermo; S/S draining tables; Boumatic 264g. milk tank; S/S double sinks(2); Koch table top vacuum packager; S/S aging racks (36); label printer. Kidding barn with “Nursomat”, loafing barn, and 2 acres of pasture. Just bring your milk or animals! Available for lease at $2000/month. This is an excellent opportunity to be the only goat or sheep dairy in Central Oregon. Owner has 27 years experience in the farmstead cheese business and is available for consulting on production and sales. 541-923-8353 Redmond, OR
5/19/15 – Regional Sales Manager – Olli Salumeria
Manages sales of the company’s products and services in a defined geographic area. Ensures consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through the execution of the company’s long term strategy within his/her territory. Identifies objectives, short term strategies and action plans to improve short- and long-term sales and earnings. Increases the company’s market share by marketing and promoting its brand, tracking competition, and familiarizing with his/her territory uniqueness.
- Collaborates with Senior Sales Management in establishing and recommending realistic sales goals for the company in the territory.
- Manages the complete product line within an assigned geographic sales area to maximize sales revenues and meet corporate objectives.
- Maintains and expands the customer base by identifying products opportunities and managing relationships.
Details of Function:
- Performs sales activities on assigned accounts and negotiates discounts and promotion in consultation with Senior Sales Management.
- Accurately forecasts monthly revenue streams to aid production and inventory management functions.
- Develops specific action plans to ensure revenue growth in all company’s products within his/her geography.
- Provides monthly results assessments of territory sales productivity.
- Collaborates with Senior Sales Management to report precious feedback to develop sales strategies to improve market share in all product lines.
- Interprets short-term and long-term effects of the company’s sales strategies in the territory.
- Educates customers’ sales teams by establishing product training and floor marketing promotions.
- Collaborates with Senior Sales Management to establish and control budgets for sales promotion and trade show expenses.
- Recommends specific actions with assigned accounts.
- Focuses on customers’ specific needs troubleshooting and management.
- Follows up on leads and new sales opportunities within the territory.
- Reports directly to Chief Commercial Officer.
- A bachelor degree in marketing or business studies is preferred; or a minimum of five years of related experience or training in sales within the food industry; or the equivalent combination of formal education and experience.
- Proven ability to work through the complexity of an organization by contributing to the combined action of different individuals effectively and efficiently (also defined as teamwork).
- Self-driven and result oriented attitude.
- Problem-solving and analytic skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in a prior sales position.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proven presentation skills.
- Computer literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Ability to travel as required by role (up to 75% of the time).
- Valid driver’s license.
- 50% Salary based.
- 50% Bonus plan based earned at the achievement of predetermined target.
If you are interested in applying or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5/18/15 – Microbiology Intern
Jasper Hill needs someone to keep our lab going while our Microbiologist is on maternity leave. Candidates will be responsible for keeping essential projects, including screening milk and growing cultures for cheesemaking, on track. The right candidate will have strong lab experience the ability to follow rigid protocols and some experience in DNA extraction and amplification. This 5-month position is ideal for a person with a background in biotechnology, applied biology or molecular biology but could also be a great sabbatical for a cheesemaker interested in professional development.
This position will be available from mid July through December and will involve some weekend work depending on the cheesemaking and culture-growing schedules. Lab hours represent 3 days of work, however additional hours in compositional analysis and cheese care in the Cellars will round out a 40+ hour work week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plating samples
- Producing growth media
- Creating aseptic cultures
- Entering/reporting gathered data
- Maintaining the calibration schedule for all equipment
- Problem solving and trouble –shooting of equipment when necessary
- DNA extraction/amplification
- Ability to strictly follow all protocols, procedures and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Capacity to work independently
- Maintain positive relationship with all JFOB staff and our associates
To send a resume or get more information contact Emily through email@example.com or 802-533-2566×106. Visit www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment for our entire listing of open positions.
5/18/15 – Director of Human Resources
Jasper Hill is a leader in the artisan cheese industry. We are a mission based company working to preserve Vermont’s agricultural soils and working landscape through farmstead cheese production. We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated, experienced person to manage the Human Resources across our family of businesses. Jasper Hill is located in the beautiful, rural, rolling hills of Greensboro, VT. The Jasper Hill Family of Businesses (JFOB) includes two farms, two creameries, a cheese aging facility, as well as the sales and administrative team.
In this hands on role, the Director of HR will implement practices and objectives that will cultivate a strong team spirit and high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity, goal attainment, as well as the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. Jasper Hill is in a growth stage and this position will be responsible for implementing and managing a Human Resources platform to achieve this growth. This position reports to the Executives and will assist and advise company managers about Human resources issues.
- Anticipates labor needs and finds the professional talent that helps the company move forward
- Assists in supporting employees relocating to the community
- Ensures effective on boarding of new employees
Employee development and training
- Cultivates leadership through training, coaching and guidance to improve manager’s skill set
- Responsible for employee orientation, development and training, including implementation of a documented training program focused on quality and continuous improvement.
- Oversees the administrative support team for the JFOB. The focus of this team is to create a consistent culture of and practices in Food Safety, Training, Education Quality, and Open Book Management.
- Conducts reviews of administrative team and reports on Labor to the leadership
- Creates Global Labor Plan for all parts of the JFOB.
- Plans out a Compensation Strategy with the owners and leaders of the company
- Benefits administration and innovation
- Ensures the labor practices are in line with all state and federal regulations
- Resolves conflicts promptly and performs investigations in a professional manner ensuring fairness, open and clear communication and legal compliance.
- Maintains Employee Handbook, keeps Company Policies current and communicates changes effectively with staff
- Investigates and reports on workers compensation issues for insurance carriers
- Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
- 7 years of experience in Human Resources, preferably in a supervisory role
- Knowledge of Vermont labor laws
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong public speaking and presenting skills
- Highly organized and the efficient time management skills
- Strong demonstration of dynamic leaderships skills and the ability to think strategically about the big picture
- Experience in administration of benefits and compensation programs
To send a resume or get more information contact Emily through firstname.lastname@example.org or 802-533-2566×106. Visit www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment for our entire listing of open positions.
5/15/15 – General Manager – New Shop
Get in on the ground floor as the General Manager of Marché, a cheese, charcuterie, specialty food and wine shop opening in Fall 2015 in Glen Ellyn, IL, a western suburb of Chicago. Located in a newly renovated historic building, this sister business to the award-winning Marcel’s Culinary Experience (www.marcelsculinaryexperience.com) is already generating loads of buzz in anticipation of its opening. With a combination of retail, service, targeted catering, and events, the business will flourish under the leadership of this individual.
This full time position will be responsible for staffing, buying, overall store performance, and, most importantly, the customer experience. The right candidate will have experience as a cheesemonger as well as retail food service experience; wine expertise is a plus. Leadership experience in staff selection, development, and creation of a high performance, highly ethical work environment is strongly desired. Must be self directed, decisive, resilient, resourceful and highly reliable with a great work ethic.
If you possess these qualifications and are ready to shape and create a new first class customer experience and lead your own team and operation, this is the opportunity you should pursue. Send your resumé to owner Jill Foucré at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
5/13/15 – Full Time Assistant Cheesemaker
Incredible Opportunity for Talented and Enthusiastic Individuals to Join Our Team!
At Metropolitan Market, we know food! We are a progressive, upscale grocery-retailer and one of the best places to work in the Pacific Northwest. Metropolitan Market is a company recognized within the food industry for freshness and quality – from our flame roasted prime rib, house made quiche and pot pies, to our huge cheese counter filled with award winning Artisan, Local, Specialty, and Farmstead cheeses from the Northwest and beyond!
We provide outstanding employment opportunities, including a generous benefits program and attractive wages. These fast-paced positions throughout our stores provide ample opportunity for growth and development within the Company. We are looking for outgoing, friendly individuals, who love cheese, and who want to work in a healthy and rewarding environment!
The Cheesemonger position is responsible for providing excellent customer service and sharing product information with team members and customers about specialty cheeses, product pairings, recipes, and meal solutions.
- To be a qualified applicant, you must have the following:
- Minimum one year food service experience strongly preferred.
- Must possess a minimum of one year of customer service experience.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and produce quality output while working within deadlines a must. Sense of urgency required. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates a high level of self-motivation; takes initiative; problem solves.
- Proven ability to positively affect sales generation.
- Possesses knowledge of food safety and HACCP/Department of Health guidelines, and inventory/portion control.
- Possesses adequate product information with a proven history of using knowledge to best service customers. Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge and understanding of food, including ingredients, applications, pronunciations and culinary skills. Possesses a genuine passion for food.
- Proven success as a team member; demonstrated ability to work well with diverse groups of people.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrates an interest in learning; possesses a strong interest in food and related products.
How to apply: Applications are accepted online. Please visit our website to view complete job description for Cheesemonger position.
- Go to metropolitan-market.com
- Select the Careers section
- Complete a general application and create a profile
- Search open positions and apply anytime, using your general application and profiles
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
- Attractive Hourly Wage, Negotiable DOE
- Rich Paid Time Off Benefits including Vacation, Personal, Holiday, and Sick
- Generous Medical and Dental Plans at Very Low Cost to Team Members
- Company Funded Life & Disability Insurance and Pension Plan
- Generous Employee Discount
- Employee Sponsored ORCA Card Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
5/5/15 – Wholesale Sales Associate
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese has been producing award winning, hand-crafted cheese since 2003 using only the purest ingredients and artisanal methods.
We are looking for a full time, Wholesale Sales Associate who has a passion for pure, all natural food, a love of cheese and a drive to excel, to assist with sales of Beecher’s Cheese’s, West Coast and Nationwide as needed.
- Have at least two years sales experience with distributors, headquarter calls in specialty food, artisan cheese.
- Be self-motivated, highly organized and outgoing with a strong customer service background
- Be dynamic with customers with excellent communication skills
- A valid Driver’s license, reliable transportation and is available to travel out of stateBe passionate about food and selling quality products
The job will include:
- Working with Wholesale Director of Sales to sell directly to retail accounts and distributors
- Identifying and attending events sampling and promoting Beecher’s Handmade Cheese and products
- Coordinating and conducting retail demos/tastingsFollow the link to apply:https://www.hirebridge.com/v3/application/applink.aspx?cid=6959&jid=290631
This is a non-commission Sales position. Salary – DOE Full benefits
Beecher’s Handmade Cheese is part of the Sugar Mountain family and is committed to pure, all-natural foods. In keeping with our commitment to pure food, Sugar Mountain companies contribute 1% of all sales to the Pure Food Kids Foundation, founded by Beecher’s in 2004.
4/24/15 – Cheesemaker Job Openings
Jasper Hill is looking for an experienced cheesemaker to lead the production team at our newest facility. We seek a dynamic leader who understands the science, art, and craft of cheesemaking. The ideal candidate is interested in advancing their skills through study and hands-on experience, has food safety knowledge, is willing to lead through an Open Book Management business structure, and appreciates opportunities for continued growth and education. Jasper Hill cheesemakers are not isolated in production, they work closely with our farm, quality, aging and sales teams as we strive to produce the world’s best cheese.
Jasper Hill is looking for a cheesemaker as an addition to our talented creamery staff. The ideal candidate has professional cheesemaking experience and is confident making decisions based on sensory and scientific indicators. Our culture at Jasper Hill is based in food safety and Open Book Management and we offer many opportunities for continued growth and learning. Jasper Hill cheesemakers are not isolated in production, and work closely with our farm, quality, aging and sales teams as we strive to produce the world’s best cheese.
Please contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more or send a resume.
Check out our website for a full listing of our open positions. http://www.jasperhillfarm.com/employment
4/21/15 – Cheese Intern Wanted
Small growing farmstead cheese dairy currently seeking interns in cheese making, grazing, cow care and all around experience on working farm. Housing available and food provided. Weekly stipend available. Any talent appreciated and can be used in these areas please send resume to email@example.com.
4/17/15 – Cheese Sales Manager – Shelburne Farms
Manage the sales of Shelburne Farms cheese and farm products while enhancing the mission of Shelburne Farms. For a job description and information on how to apply:
4/13/15 – Artisan Cheesemaker – Paid Apprenticeship
Nature’s Harmony has an immediate opening for a paid Cheesemaking Apprenticeship based in Elberton, Georgia.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a key contributor to a growing operation, learn cheesemaking and affinage from a senior cheesemaker, and have a lot of fun.
Applicants should be very hard-working, have a passion for artisanal food, and have excellent attention to detail. This position starts soon and requires a year+ commitment.
If you or someone you know might be interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your story and background.
4/6/15 – Dairy farm, cheese business and composting business for sale!
Smith’s Country Cheese, (Otter River Farm) is a diversified business operation in Winchendon, MA that combines a modern 200 cow freestall facility, with an established cheese business and a growing compost operation which includes a recently added 30,000 + square foot permitted composting facility that is undercover. All three ventures are profitable with low capital overhead.
The 43 acre (purchase feed) farm is improved with all buildings necessary, along with four homes and a 2 bedroom house trailer. Energy efficiency improvements have recently been completed including an extensive solar panel system.
Well established markets are in place for both the cheese and the compost. The owner is willing to consider owner financing toward the ultimate purchase.
For more information email email@example.com
3/23/15 – Territory Sales Manager – Cheese
Emmi Roth USA produces award-winning, specialty cheeses in Monroe, Wisconsin. As a subsidiary of Emmi Group, our history is rich with generations of cheesemakers and dairy families making high quality cheese. Our geographic location allows for access to high quality milk with a strong Swiss heritage in cheesemaking. Emmi’s artisanal cheeses are crafted with pride in Switzerland, Europe and the United States. Emmi Roth’s Specialty Sales Team includes fun, hardworking cheese lovers with a high regard for our industry.
We are seeking a like-minded Territory Manager to cover territories in Salt Lake, Park City Utah, New Mexico, Idaho, Kansas, Colorado, Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas.
An ideal candidate would be very passionate about cheese and specialty foods. This person should have a working knowledge of the local retailers, as well as the food industry. As this is a sales position, the ideal candidate should possess an outgoing personality, be self-motivated and have excellent communication skills. This position requires working from home and on the road.
- Maintaining a call pattern with existing customers. Excellent customer service is required for soliciting orders, maintaining market share and general sales support.
- The ability to work independently is essential, yet, still being team player-minded.
- Travel required is approximately 50% of the time to customers for new store openings, training key customers, coordinating store merchandising efforts, etc.
- Cheese knowledge is critical to this position.
- Maintaining professionalism, diplomacy and high quality customer service is essential
- excellence in oral and written skills
- effective time management
- working knowledge of computer based programs such as Microsoft Office and Excel.
- This job requires the ability to identify new business opportunities with existing customers, new customers and new venues. This includes having the knowledge and ability to work with brokers.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Active affiliation with appropriate Sales networks and organizations and ongoing community involvement preferred.
- Possess ongoing affiliations with leaders in successful companies and organizations that practice effective Sales techniques.
Emmi Roth USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you are interested in the position, please visit http://us.emmi.com/en/ask-us/careers.html.
3/4/15 – Senior QA Manager
Senior Quality Assurance Manager, Rural New England location
- Maintain (and always be ahead of the requirements) BRC “A” rating and drive for Continued Improvement
- This is a rare…one man show QA Manager Opportunity…managing (1) Lab Technician
- Must live and breathe authentic passion for Top Notch Quality Assurance Standards
- Maintain HACCP, employee trainings, audits, regulatory compliance, safety and collaborate with R&D as needed
- Must possess outstanding communication skills with demonstrated effectiveness at driving results
- Degree highly preferred.
- Min 3-5 years quality assurance experience in the Dairy Industry is highly preferred.
Excellent Compensation, bonus, and relocation assistance
……….Unique Role! First class Employer! Couldn’t get a better boss!…….
Interested in the position, contact Therese Seefeldt, Dairy Industry Specialist with Management Recruiters of Boise at 877-520-3990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
3/4/15 – Creamery Manager
Creamery Manager (Cheesemaker), rural New England area with lower cost of living
Client is a privately held specialty cheese company been in business over 10 years. Mission is the highest quality product possible.
- Min (3) years of Cheese making experience and (2) years of managing process and people
- Oversee (and participate in) production and drive for continued improvement
- Receive milk into vat, make cheese and troubleshoot process
- Knowledge of HACCP, Food Safety and Chemical usage
Must be passionate about cheesemaking and possess a track record of managing and developing people. Competitive salary and relocation assistance! Positive internal culture! Great quality of life opportunity!
If you are interested in applying, please send resume to email@example.com.