Event Start: Feb 19, 2013 - 08:00 AM
Event End: Feb 21, 2013 - 4:30 PM
Chehalis, WA 98532
This 3-day offering is intended for the beginning cheesemaker who is serious about pursuing Cheesemaking as a business activity at the farmstead or artisan level. Avid hobbyist and enthusiasts are welcome too!
The program generally includes:
- Opportunities and challenges for the Small Scale Cheese Maker
- Milk sources, composition and quality
- Steps of the cheese making process
- Acidity testing and measurements
- Cheese cultures and enzymes
- Cheese evaluation
- Hands on cheese making activity
- Field trip to licensed cheese making facilities
For more information, visit http://public.wsu.edu/creamery/basicplus.htm.