Brought to you by ACS and the American Cheese Education Foundation
Our ongoing ACS Webinar Series offers educational sessions available exclusively to ACS members at no charge. The online format of the webinars makes it easy and convenient to “attend” from the comfort of your home or office. Look for information about upcoming webinars here throughout the year, and find archived webinars below.
Friday, May 27, 2016
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM EDT
A cheese cannot be any better than the milk it is made from. Breed and seasonality are contributors to milk quality, but feed and milking practices have the most immediate impact on the finished product from one day to the next. The best herdsmen are expert at the alchemy of balancing inputs to each animal and outputs through each udder. This webinar, led by Jasper Hill Farm’s Zoe Brickley, will shed light on the complex work dairymen accomplish, especially in relation to production for grass-fed and raw milk cheeses. Participants should come away with a clearer idea of how milk variation can manifest in a finished cheese. Register today!
June 15, 2016
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT
In this interactive and engaging session, Roger Haskett will share secrets that performers use to turbocharge their inner and outer engagement. In particular, we will discuss what neuroscience is teaching us about storytelling, the profit in play, and how to create more active sessions. If you want to make your presentations more lively, inclusive, and engaging, this is the session for you! Register online
ACS offers online education to its members at no cost throughout the year in the form of educational webinars. Members may view archived, recorded webinars by visiting the “Member Resources” section of our website and entering their login credentials.
Please note that archived webinars, with the exception of “Make the Most of Your Member Benefits,” require a password for viewing. The password may be found here, along with links to each webinar.
- From Passive Listener to Active Participant: Increasing Audience Engagement (May 16, 2016)
- Online Content Strategy: The Time for Change is Now! (March 30, 2016)
- A Soulful Slice of Cheese History (February 29, 2016)
- FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food: Exemptions, Requirements & Deadlines for Very Small Businesses (January 26, 2016)
- Make the Most of Your Member Benefits! (Part 1 & Part 2, October 2015)
- Cleaning & Sanitation (May 5, 2015)
- Navigating Third Party Audits (April 30, 2015)
- Spring Into the 2015 ACS Judging & Competition (March 10, 2015)
- So, You Want to Open a Cheese Shop? (February 25, 2015)
- Effective Communication, Handling, and Traceability (February 10, 2015)
- Agritourism Opportunities for the Modern Farmer (March 25, 2014)
- Food Safety for Farmers Market Vendors (May 21, 2013)
- ACS Judging & Competition Tutorial (April 3, 2013)
- Understanding the Joint FDA/Health Canada Assessment of the Risk of Listeriosis from Soft-Ripened Cheese (March 12, 2013)
- Surviving a Recall (February 13, 2013)
- Cheese & Social Media: Likes, Retweets, and +1 (July 17, 2012)
- Retailer Best Practices: Virtual Roundtable (February 15, 2012)
- Storage Temperatures Necessary to Maintain Cheese Safety (February 1, 2012)
- Risk Reduction in Cheesemaker Facilities (February 7, 2011)
- Preparing a HACCP Plan (February 25, 2011)
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Product Liability (March 8, 2011)