Brought to you by ACS and the American Cheese Education Foundation
The ACS Webinar Series offers educational sessions available exclusively to ACS members at no charge. Look for information about upcoming webinars here, and find archived webinars below.
Watch Our Latest Member Webinars!
“Best Practices in Hiring and Firing Employees”
When applying for jobs, applicants are covered by a variety of federal and state laws, including Title VII (discrimination), the ADA (disability), and the ADEA (age), among many others. Prospective applicants may bring failure-to-hire claims based on race, age, disability, gender, and others as well. In addition, most states have their own anti-discrimination and other laws that concern hiring. Similarly, terminating employees can also be risky, with numerous issues to consider. Renowned labor and employment lawyer Rick Alaniz covers the key recommendations for hiring and firing employees. Watch the recording!
Watch Archived Webinars:
ACS offers online education to its members at no cost throughout the year in the form of educational webinars. Members may view archived, recorded webinars by clicking here and entering their login credentials.
Please note that most archived webinars require a password for viewing. The password may be found here, along with links to each webinar.
- Leavin’ On a Jet Plane: Expanding Your Operations to an Airport (February 8, 2017)
- Best Practices in Hiring & Firing Employees (January 31, 2017)
- Marketing It In America: Guiding Cheese from Farm to Plate (November 30, 2016)
- Sodium Reduction: FDA’s Voluntary Initiative (October 11, 2016)
- Pressure Cooker Confidence…for Presenters! (June 15, 2016)
- From Grass to Vat: The Impact of Feed on Milk Quality and Components (May 27, 2016)
- From Passive Listener to Active Participant: Increasing Audience Engagement (May 16, 2016)
- Online Content Strategy: The Time for Change is Now! (March 30, 2016)
- A Soulful Slice of Cheese History (February 29, 2016)
- FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food: Exemptions, Requirements & Deadlines for Very Small Businesses (January 26, 2016)
- Make the Most of Your Member Benefits! (Part 1 & Part 2, October 2015)
- Cleaning & Sanitation (May 5, 2015)
- Navigating Third Party Audits (April 30, 2015)
- Spring Into the 2015 ACS Judging & Competition (March 10, 2015)
- So, You Want to Open a Cheese Shop? (February 25, 2015)
- Effective Communication, Handling, and Traceability (February 10, 2015)
- Agritourism Opportunities for the Modern Farmer (March 25, 2014)
- Food Safety for Farmers Market Vendors (May 21, 2013)
- ACS Judging & Competition Tutorial (April 3, 2013)
- Understanding the Joint FDA/Health Canada Assessment of the Risk of Listeriosis from Soft-Ripened Cheese (March 12, 2013)
- Surviving a Recall (February 13, 2013)
- Cheese & Social Media: Likes, Retweets, and +1 (July 17, 2012)
- Retailer Best Practices: Virtual Roundtable (February 15, 2012)
- Storage Temperatures Necessary to Maintain Cheese Safety (February 1, 2012)
- Risk Reduction in Cheesemaker Facilities (February 7, 2011)
- Preparing a HACCP Plan (February 25, 2011)
- Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and Product Liability (March 8, 2011)