Applications for the Certified Cheese Professional Exam will be reviewed by ACS Staff and by the Certification Committee within thirty days of receipt of a completed application and application processing fee.
Acceptance/Denial of Application
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will send you an email notifying you of your acceptance. The confirmation letter will contain registration and payment instructions.
- If there is any question regarding your eligibility, we will contact you to further clarify your application and you will have 14 days to respond to the request.
- If, upon review of your application, the ACS determines that you fail to meet the eligibility requirements at the time of application, we will notify you by email.
Eligibility Denial Appeal Process
- If you are denied eligibility to sit for the exam you may appeal the decision to the ACS Certification Appeals Committee (a sub-committee of the Certification Committee).
- You must submit your appeal in writing to the Appeals Committee within 30 days of receipt of the non-eligibility correspondence from ACS.
- The Appeals Committee will convene within 30 days of receipt of the appeals request.
- We will email a notice of the Appeals Committee’s final decision to you within 10 days of the decision.
If you have been confirmed as eligible for the 2014 exam, then you must complete your registration within 60 days of your eligibility notification, in order to sit for the exam on July 29, 2014.
Acceptances are valid for one year past the soonest exam date (ex, if you have been accepted for the 2014 exam you may delay taking the exam until the first exam date in 2015). Beyond that time, the entire application process must be repeated.