Applications are due by the end of the business day on March 30, 2018. No applications will be accepted for the 2018 exam in Pittsburgh after this date.
Applications are reviewed by ACS Staff and by the Certification Committee within thirty days of receipt of a completed application and application processing fee.
Anyone who did not pass the 2017 exam, or who deferred and wishes to take the 2018 exam, will not need to reapply: simply contact Jane Bauer by March 30 to reserve your space to take the exam in Pittsburgh. Please note that the examination fee ($500 ACS members, $650 non-members) will still be required of any individuals re-taking the exam.
Acceptance/Denial of Application
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will send you an email notifying you of your acceptance. The confirmation letter will contain registration and payment instructions. If you have been confirmed as eligible, you must complete your registration with 60 days of your eligibility notification.
- Acceptances are valid for two years past the soonest exam date (ex, if you have been accepted for the 2018 exam you may delay taking the exam until the exam in 2020). Beyond that time, the entire application process must be repeated.If there is any question regarding your eligibility, we will contact you to further clarify your application and you will have 14 days to respond to the request.
- If, upon review of your application, the ACS determines that you fail to meet the eligibility requirements at the time of application, we will notify you by email.
Eligibility Denial Appeal Process
- If you are denied eligibility to sit for the exam you may appeal the decision to the ACS Certification Appeals Committee (a sub-committee of the Certification Committee).
- You must submit your appeal in writing to the Appeals Committee within 30 days of receipt of the non-eligibility correspondence from ACS.
- The Appeals Committee will convene within 30 days of receipt of the appeals request.
- We will email a notice of the Appeals Committee’s final decision to you within 10 days of the decision.
When enough candidates have registered for an exam to fill the available capacity, exam registration will close to new applicants. If a candidate desires to take the current year exam, a wait list is available on a first-come-first-served basis. The wait list relies on those candidates who chose to defer taking the exam, and fills the vacancy.
- Any person wishing to defer taking the exam must notify ACS at least 60 days before the date of the exam.
- ACS staff notifies the next person on the wait list.
- If the wait list candidate wants to take the exam, they must accept the offer to sit for the exam within 3 days of notification and pay for the exam fee within 7 days after accepting the offer to sit for the exam.
Requests to defer taking the 2018 exam in Pittsburgh must be received, in writing or via phone call, by June 1, 2018 Confirmation of postponement will be sent via email. People deferring may take the next available exam without having to re-apply; no additional application payment is required. Requests for deferrals after June 1st will incur a $125 fee.
Reservations of multiple spots are subject to an earlier application deadline than individual applications. In general, the following guidelines apply to reservations:
- Reservations require the payment of the $35 application fee at the time of reservation.
- No back-up candidates/alternates are allowed. In case a candidate is not qualified to sit for the exam, that reserved spot is made available to general applicants as part of the total available spots. However, given the advance application deadline for group reservations, it may be possible for a company to encourage individual applicants to submit their applications separately.
- Companies submitting group reservations must submit all applications and payment simultaneously.
- All applications must be received electronically.
Application Processing Fee: $35.00
Examination Fee: $500.00
TOTAL FEE: $535.00
Application Processing Fee: $35.00
Examination Fee: $650.00
TOTAL FEE: $685.00
Applications will not be reviewed without accompanying payment. Member fees are available only to individual members in good standing of ACS. If you wish to apply for ACS membership please allow sufficient time for processing. Payment can be made by VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Debit card. No other form of payment will be accepted.
- The application and exam fees are non-refundable.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
- Confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements
- Completed the Application Form
- Submitted Payment