Apply to Take The Certified Cheese Professional Exam
The 2018 exam will be held in Pittsburgh, PA on Wednesday, July 25th, 2018. Applications will be accepted from January 4, 2018 to March 30, 2018.
Applications are due by the end of the business day on March 30, 2018. No applications will be accepted for the 2018 exam in Pittsburgh after this date.
The application site for the Certified Cheese Professional Exam will go live January 4th 2018. Applications are reviewed by ACS Staff and by the Certification Committee within thirty days of receipt of a completed application and application processing fee.
Acceptance/Denial of Application
- If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will send you an email notifying you of your acceptance. The confirmation letter will contain registration and payment instructions. If you have been confirmed as eligible, you must complete your registration with 60 days of your eligibility notification.
- Acceptances are valid for two years past the soonest exam date (ex, if you have been accepted for the 2018 exam you may delay taking the exam until the exam in 2020). Beyond that time, the entire application process must be repeated.If there is any question regarding your eligibility, we will contact you to further clarify your application and you will have 14 days to respond to the request.
- If, upon review of your application, the ACS determines that you fail to meet the eligibility requirements at the time of application, we will notify you by email.
Eligibility Denial Appeal Process
- If you are denied eligibility to sit for the exam you may appeal the decision to the ACS Certification Appeals Committee (a sub-committee of the Certification Committee).
- You must submit your appeal in writing to the Appeals Committee within 30 days of receipt of the non-eligibility correspondence from ACS.
- The Appeals Committee will convene within 30 days of receipt of the appeals request.
- We will email a notice of the Appeals Committee’s final decision to you within 10 days of the decision.
When enough candidates have registered for an exam to fill the available capacity, exam registration will close to new applicants. If a candidate desires to take the current year exam, a wait list is available on a first-come-first-served basis. The wait list relies on those candidates who chose to defer taking the exam, and fills the vacancy.
- Any person wishing to defer taking the exam must notify ACS at least 60 days before the date of the exam.
- ACS staff notifies the next person on the wait list.
- If the wait list candidate wants to take the exam, they must accept the offer to sit for the exam within 3 days of notification and pay for the exam fee within 7 days after accepting the offer to sit for the exam.
Requests to defer taking the 2018 exam in Pittsburgh must be received, in writing or via phone call, by June 1, 2018 Confirmation of postponement will be sent via email. People deferring may take the next available exam without having to re-apply; no additional application payment is required. Requests for deferrals after June 1st will incur a $125 fee.
Reservations of multiple spots are subject to an earlier application deadline than individual applications. In general, the following guidelines apply to reservations:
- Reservations require the payment of the $35 application fee at the time of reservation.
- No back-up candidates/alternates are allowed. In case a candidate is not qualified to sit for the exam, that reserved spot is made available to general applicants as part of the total available spots. However, given the advance application deadline for group reservations, it may be possible for a company to encourage individual applicants to submit their applications separately.
- Companies submitting group reservations must submit all applications and payment simultaneously.
- All applications must be received electronically.
AGREEMENT, WAIVER, & RELEASE
- I hereby submit this Application to the American Cheese Society (ACS)
in accordance with and subject to its rules, bylaws, and procedures.
- I understand that the information gathered in the certification process may be used by ACS for statistical purposes in evaluation of the certification program.
- I further understand that ACS will use reasonable efforts to keep the information in its possession confidential, but that names of candidates who are awarded certification will be made public, and will be listed on a public database of ACS Certified Cheese Professionals unless you specifically instruct us not to use your name.
- I understand that ACS reserves the right to verify any or all of the information associated with or required by this application, and that providing false or misleading information, omitting required information, or otherwise violating the rules governing certification may constitute grounds for the rejection of this application, revocation of certification, or other appropriate disciplinary action.
- I further understand that the ACS Certification is issued by ACS of Denver, CO and is good for a period of 3 years. I understand that I maintain my certification in good standing by complying with any and all mark usage regulations, and all other recertification requirements as incorporated in ACS bylaws and instituted by the ACS Officers and/or Board of Trustees.
- I understand that I can be disqualified from taking or completing the examination, if ACS determines through either proctor observation or statistical analysis that I have engaged in collaborative, disruptive, or other inappropriate behavior during administration of the examination.
- I agree that I shall only use ACS trademarks and other intellectual property in accordance with policies developed by ACS and agree to cease using such intellectual property upon expiration, suspension, resignation, or termination of my certification.
- I understand and agree that ACS makes no claims or warranties regarding my competence, and I agree not to misrepresent my certification status or meaning in any manner that suggests otherwise. I hereby irrevocably assign to ACS all right, title, and interest in and to this application.
- I agree to release and hold harmless individually and collectively the officers, directors, members, employees, and agents of ACS and the American Cheese Society (ACS) for any decision, action, or omission in connection with this application or the examination; for the failure of ACS to grant certification; or for the revocation of certification.
- I hereby authorize ACS to make inquiries regarding my fitness for certification and authorize any persons or entities contacted by ACS to respond to such inquiries and provide copies of any relevant and non-confidential information to ACS.
- I understand that I may appeal any decision by ACS or its proctors. I understand that failing the exam is not grounds for an appeal. I have read the application and the ACS CCP Exam Preparation Guide. The information I submit on this application is complete and correct. I believe that I am in compliance with all eligibility requirements set forth by ACS for the Certification examination.
Once you have read these terms, check the appropriate box on the application form to indicate your understanding and acceptance of these terms. Applications without this box checked will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
Application Processing Fee: $35.00
Examination Fee: $500.00
TOTAL FEE: $535.00
Application Processing Fee: $35.00
Examination Fee: $650.00
TOTAL FEE: $685.00
Applications will not be reviewed without accompanying payment. Member fees are available only to individual members in good standing of ACS. If you wish to apply for ACS membership please allow sufficient time for processing. Payment can be made by VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or Debit card. No other form of payment will be accepted.
- The application and exam fees are non-refundable.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
- Confirmed that you meet the eligibility requirements
- Read the Agreement, Waiver & Release
- Completed the Application Form
- Submitted Payment